ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Crap pages won't stop loading - help!
go bo 07:43 PM 06-27-2017
Hey guys, i was on a website that popped up some take a survey and get a free gift thingy and now it keeps trying to load webpages that are "free gift" scams even though malwarebytes is blocking them. it keeps trying to load them anyway.

i closed chrome, i rebooted, i prayed to the computer gods, but the damn things keep trying to load!!

any suggestions (short of shooting my pc) will be greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
Fish 08:40 PM 06-27-2017
Dammit man... is it time to shoot that thing already? :-)

Which browser(s)? Does it happen in all browsers?
Have you run an actual Malwarebytes scan by launching the program and initiating one?
Have you checked the browser preferences to make sure your homepage and/or Search engine settings haven't changed? Check that. It might be that it changed your search settings or something.

If nothing else works, you can reset the browser setting for the browser you're using. That should eliminate any issue. But troubleshoot the above first before considering that...
[Reply]
eDave 08:41 PM 06-27-2017
Chrome Cleanup Tool
[Reply]
go bo 09:17 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Dammit man... is it time to shoot that thing already? :-)

Which browser(s)? Does it happen in all browsers?
Have you run an actual Malwarebytes scan by launching the program and initiating one?
Have you checked the browser preferences to make sure your homepage and/or Search engine settings haven't changed? Check that. It might be that it changed your search settings or something.

If nothing else works, you can reset the browser setting for the browser you're using. That should eliminate any issue. But troubleshoot the above first before considering that...
no, that pc is fine, my granddaughter uses it when she's here... it will no doubt last far longer than i will...

it was chrome and yeah i ran the mwb and avast scans and then some chrome cleaner thingy i found on the cnet site (i think) and it reset the browser after it finished whatever else it did...

so the problem solved itself mostly about 10 minutes ago...

just had to reset some of that stuff, no biggie...

but it was freaking me out there for awhile...

thanks for the reply though, i appreciate it... :-)
[Reply]
go bo 09:18 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Chrome Cleanup Tool
yeah, something like that...
[Reply]
Fish 09:35 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by go bo:
no, that pc is fine, my granddaughter uses it when she's here... it will no doubt last far longer than i will...

it was chrome and yeah i ran the mwb and avast scans and then some chrome cleaner thingy i found on the cnet site (i think) and it reset the browser after it finished whatever else it did...

so the problem solved itself mostly about 10 minutes ago...

just had to reset some of that stuff, no biggie...

but it was freaking me out there for awhile...

thanks for the reply though, i appreciate it... :-)
Good to hear. :-)
[Reply]
Up