« First < 3787127133134135136137
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:33 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Never ran from the cops. Didn't drink much in High School because of sports, when I did, I did it in the country. In college, there were houseparties.

I also wasn't working towards NFL money.

On the whole though, don't yell at me, I'm the guy willing to eat crow on him.

I'm not yelling at anybody.

I just think that Baker being 'controversial' has been a storyline in the media for years now; but there's never any controversy with his teammates or coaches. He's done some dumb kid stuff, but that's hardly unusual. And as for gifs of him cussing at people on the field or making gestures, well, he wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't hide anything. That IS different, as usually by the time QB's make it to the NFL they've manicured that stuff out of these guys.

I love having Patrick, and I don't think he's in any way insincere, but I DO think that he grew up learning how to handle himself as a professional athlete. He is literally what all these agents and coaches TRY to get everybody to be, how to act, etc. Baker's not that guy. He's totally different and uncensored. I don't think that makes him a 'douche'. I do think it makes him interesting, and always a fun interview.

And as for on the field I think you're absolutely right- If before the season, someone told you Mahomes will throw 27 TD's ad 14 INT's, we'd all have happily taken that with joy in our hearts. It is, after all, the rookie record for TD's.

BUT Mahomes is beyond what anyone could've hoped, and so here we are, happily.

I just think it's interesting how polarizing Mayfield is; and how most people that decide they 'hate' him don't really know why. Fans of other colleges close to OU is some of it; so it's kind of like how we hated Elway in the 80's and 90's. And he's colorful, so double down.

So the narrative runs.
* I'll tell you one thing-I'm glad he's not a Raider. Then I would have to hate him.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:29 PM 11-03-2019
Lots of wonderful takes here :-)
[Reply]
Page 137 of 137
« First < 3787127133134135136137
Up