ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>War for the Planet of the Apes
Fire Me Boy! 09:19 AM 12-09-2016

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:32 PM 07-15-2017
Well, I thought it was a pretty good way to wrap things up. The religious imagery was more than a bit heavy-handed and the tone was bleak and hopeless. It was a struggle and an emotional rollercoaster (so cliche but it's true).

It certainly wasn't without faults, but this will go down as one of my favorite trilogies of all time.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:37 AM 07-16-2017
Really really REALLY good. The cgi was jaw dropping and Andy Serkis was so great (as always). He should win some type of award for his role as Caesar .

Aside from stupid decisions made by the humans (really unlocking the cage to ask who threw monkey poop at you?! lol yeah that was dumb) this was a pitch perfect way to end a good to great trilogy .

Steve Zahn's character was also good (and needed for the cute comedy relief in a rather grime dark PG 13 films) . "Bad Ape!" haha

I 'm really digging the director Matt Reeves and think he'll do an excellent job with The Batman .
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:38 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Really really REALLY good. The cgi was jaw dropping and Andy Serkis was so great (as always). He should win some type of award for his role as Caesar .

Aside from stupid decisions made by the humans (really unlocking the cage to ask who threw monkey poop at you?! lol yeah that was dumb) this was a pitch perfect way to end a good to great trilogy .

Steve Zahn's character was also good (and needed for the cute comedy relief in a rather grime dark PG 13 films) . "Bad Ape!" haha

I 'm really digging the director Matt Reeves and think he'll do an excellent job with The Batman .
Yep
..one of my favorite trilogies and Reeves did the last 2. Definitely dark but an epic finale imo. The Batman is in great hands
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:54 PM 07-16-2017
Just came home from seeing it. I really liked it.
Spoiler!
Loved the mute little girl. The apes acted like humans should but don't—at least in this film.

Andy Serkis was awesome as Caesar. Harrelson played a great mean-ass. And I loved that zoo ape. Just hilarious—looking and acting.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:16 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Just came home from seeing it. I really liked it. Caesar died for his apes—like the Christ imagery on that X cross. Loved the mute little girl. The apes acted like humans should but don't—at least in this film.

Andy Serkis was awesome as Caesar. Harrelson played a great mean-ass. And I loved that zoo ape. Just hilarious—looking and acting.
Pretty crazy how the virus has changed...makes me wonder what else happens to humans besides the bloody nose and losing the ability to speak.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:04 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Just came home from seeing it. I really liked it.
Spoiler!
Loved the mute little girl. The apes acted like humans should but don't—at least in this film.

Hey dumb ass, you might want to spoiler tag that.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:12 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Got it
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:10 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Het dumb ass, you might want to spoiler tag your quoted text.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:30 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Het dumb ass, you might want to spoiler tag your quoted text.
Got it
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up