ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 319
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
-King- 11:31 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
The shifting around on top of that jacked everything up.
Yeah that was just a stupid terrible no good game plan by the coaches. Should have just left Remmers at RT and figured out what to do at LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why not?
You think they're going to draft TWO offensive tackles and start them both?

Doesn't seem very realistic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah that was just a stupid terrible no good game plan by the coaches. Should have just left Remmers at RT and figured out what to do at LT.
Yep.
[Reply]
-King- 11:34 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many rookie offensive linemen has Reid started in the past?
He started Fisher, Morse, and Fulton.
[Reply]
-King- 11:36 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You think they're going to draft TWO offensive tackles and start them both?

Doesn't seem very realistic.
Maybe not two, but at the very least one. But I could see two depending on how FA shakes out.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:44 AM 02-15-2021
I’m with Pest on our needs. C, DE and WR have to be addressed, though with Sammy likely coming back and a quality prospect in Callaway being signed as a possible Robinson replacement, they might hold off on a receiver until later.

We already got a tackle from a deep class last year and they appear to be really excited by Niang’s potential, so I don’t see them drafting a tackle unless they legitimately see one at 31 that could be a capable starting LT.

With this class it could be a possibility. Not likely, but possible.

We desperately need a badass at C though. That helps protect Patrick from A gap pressure and also helps us run the ball better with Clyde. Remember all those times we struggled with 3rd and short? A badass C goes a long way to fixing that problem, which we saw with Morse.

Get Britt and Osemele on the practice squad in case last year happens again. That’s about the best contingency plan you can make.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:46 AM 02-15-2021
They aren’t starting Niang and another rookie at the T spots, and I think Niang starting at RT is very likely.

And yea, Reid has started rookies on the OL a couple times, but he’s never started a rookie at LT. If you think he’s going to start 2 as his bookends, you’re out of your mind.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They aren’t starting Niang and another rookie at the T spots, and I think Niang starting at RT is very likely.

And yea, Reid has started rookies on the OL a couple times, but he’s never started a rookie at LT. If you think he’s going to start 2 as his bookends, you’re out of your mind.
I don't think it's very likely.

I think them drafting a center is more likely than drafting a tackle.

For better or worse, I think they're going to commit to Fisher.
[Reply]
Pants 11:49 AM 02-15-2021

We need them to give Fisher ALL the stem cells.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't think it's very likely.

I think them drafting a center is more likely than drafting a tackle.

For better or worse, I think they're going to commit to Fisher.
Umm I said Niang starting at RT is very likely, not drafting a T.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 02-15-2021
Umm I said Niang starting at RT is very likely, not drafting a T.
I know. I'm agreeing with you. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:13 PM 02-15-2021
After pretty-much the worst loss in SB history, it's going to be a very long offseason.

Clearly the OL has to be the #1 topic to get right and have depth, let's hope the Chiefs agree. Next, if they do agree, how much will they gamble on not "going crazy in the FA market and the draft" and count on Fish coming back, and dealing with the two opt-out O-linemen. All of those things are a gamble, but we'll see.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 02-15-2021
BRING LITTLE GAY AL HOME!

#Dolphins expected to cut WR Albert Wilson before the start of free agency. This saves the team around 3M of cap space. #NFL #Miami

— NFL Rumors & News (@nflrums) February 14, 2021

[Reply]
Dull Tools 12:15 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m with Pest on our needs. C, DE and WR have to be addressed, though with Sammy likely coming back and a quality prospect in Callaway being signed as a possible Robinson replacement, they might hold off on a receiver until later.

We already got a tackle from a deep class last year and they appear to be really excited by Niang’s potential, so I don’t see them drafting a tackle unless they legitimately see one at 31 that could be a capable starting LT.

With this class it could be a possibility. Not likely, but possible.

We desperately need a badass at C though. That helps protect Patrick from A gap pressure and also helps us run the ball better with Clyde. Remember all those times we struggled with 3rd and short? A badass C goes a long way to fixing that problem, which we saw with Morse.

Get Britt and Osemele on the practice squad in case last year happens again. That’s about the best contingency plan you can make.
They don't need a badass C in the first round as we are drafting one in the 3rd with Quinn Meinerz.

http://https://thedraftnetwork.com/a...ackground-prep
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:18 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
BRING LITTLE GAY AL HOME!

Good fucking God no. Just sign Watkins back at that rate.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 319
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up