ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:08 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
What good would having Fisher on the roster right now be? He can't play.

He probably won't be ready to play at a 'pro bowl level' until mid-season at the very earliest, and that's quite an optimistic guess at that.
I've made this argument at least two times by now in this thread.

You don't need him now, and you don't need him mid-season. Those games ultimately don't matter, because Mahomes can win 12 games with even a garbage line.

You need him for January.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The difference is the guy I'm pimping at the spot is 26-1 when he's on the field. So even if you take a step back from that, you're still looking pretty damn good.

Niang is talented and I still believe he's going to be a really good RT but we genuinely do not know what's coming down the pipeline there.
If we don’t know....then why the fuck are you calling the FA group a failure?

There was one upgrade in FA and Veach went hard for him. We didn’t get him. Shit happens. Now wait and see what they do at the position.

Veach set out to improve the offensive line and so far, outside of LT, he’s done just that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 04-01-2021

You don't need him now, and you don't need him mid-season. Those games ultimately don't matter, because Mahomes can win 12 games with even a garbage line.

Jesus, man.

Either LT is important or it’s not. You can’t say that we’ll be fine with garbage at LT during the regular season and then bitch about the offensive line.

How do you know that a rookie LT won’t be good enough come January? Or an Okung signing won’t be good enough?
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:14 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If we don’t know....then why the **** are you calling the FA group a failure?

There was one upgrade in FA and Veach went hard for him. We didn’t get him. Shit happens. Now wait and see what they do at the position.

Veach set out to improve the offensive line and so far, outside of LT, he’s done just that.
Hey I'm thinking probabilistically just like everybody else.

That's allowed, and I think that's the premise for this entire forum, correct me if I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:14 PM 04-01-2021
You're correct, we do not know.

But speaking probabilistically, Niang is probably not going to be a Pro Bowl caliber LT his rookie year. Fisher probably will be, whenever he returns in 2021.

My personal view on the film I've seen since we signed Blythe is that he's on par with Reiter.

And I'm being dead serious when I say that I'm not even sure Long starts Week 1.
Listen, you're going to have to square yourself with the realization that there is no Pro Bowl caliber LT that the Chiefs could possibly sign/draft for 2021. There was ONE available, and he chose to stay put in San Francisco for a Brinks truck full of money.

That was it. ONE. Not Fisher; Not anyone else could you just pencil in as a Pro Bowl caliber LT on day one of 2021. So that was just not going to happen. Expecting Fisher to just pop back into the lineup 8 or 9 months after tearing his achilles and playing at a 'Pro Bowl Level' is absolutely fantasy.

Your personal view on the film you've seen on Blythe being on par with Reiter is horseshit. Reiter fucking sucks. Blythe does not. Mahomes being elusive in the pocket has made Reiter's PFF stats look rosy but the fact of the matter is the guy is not a starting quality center in the NFL. Horrible run blocker, maybe kind of adequate pass blocker. He sucks. Blythe is an upgrade.

And you may not be sure that Long starts week one, but if he's healthy (and I doubt they'd sign him if he wasn't) he's absolutely starting week one and the fact that you don't think so tells me you have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:15 PM 04-01-2021
Meck and Franchise...he just doesn't get it. It's like a foreign concept to him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:16 PM 04-01-2021
Regarding Reiter: Pretty easy to not give up any sacks when your QB has to bail the pocket after 2 seconds and roll out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:16 PM 04-01-2021

that's a completely asinine argument. Completely.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:18 PM 04-01-2021
Jesus, man.

Either LT is important or it’s not. You can’t say that we’ll be fine with garbage at LT during the regular season and then bitch about the offensive line.

How do you know that a rookie LT won’t be good enough come January? Or an Okung signing won’t be good enough?
Oh my goodness.

1. I don't care about the regular season.

2. You can get by with crap talent at OL and still win 12 games, because Mahomes will get you those wins.

3. You need a very good OL to win the Super Bowl.

4. I'm on record arguing for an Okung signing, so I clearly believe he'd be good enough.

5. I don't think many rookie LTs, including Niang, who I've watched my share of film on, so I am talking specifically about him, will be a Super Bowl caliber LT by February.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:19 PM 04-01-2021
that's a completely asinine argument. Completely.
I'm dumbfounded man. Holy he'll was that a bad take he made. Somehow they get worse by the minute.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:20 PM 04-01-2021
Listen, you're going to have to square yourself with the realization that there is no Pro Bowl caliber LT that the Chiefs could possibly sign/draft for 2021.
I disagree. I would have stuck with Fisher.

But I've already made that case and you've already disagreed with it. I don't know what new ground there is to plow on that conversation.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:20 PM 04-01-2021
Oh my goodness.

2. You can get by with crap talent at OL and still win 12 games, because Mahomes will get you those wins.

4. I'm on record arguing for an Okung signing, so I clearly believe he'd be good enough.

5. I don't think many rookie LTs, including Niang, who I've watched my share of film on, so I am talking specifically about him, will be a Super Bowl caliber LT by February.
You are in over your head. Admit you have no clue what you are talking about.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:22 PM 04-01-2021
Oh my goodness.

And Fisher is your bridge from 2 to 3?
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:24 PM 04-01-2021
And Fisher is your bridge from 2 to 3?
Not by himself. You're going to need several things to work out.

You're going to need Blythe to be an improvement, you're going to need Long or LDT to be strong at RG, and you're going to need to have whoever your RT to play up to expectations.

Assuming you have those things, then replacing your replacement-level LT with Eric Fisher as close to 100% as possible will elevate the line's performance.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:26 PM 04-01-2021
Well I guess if you post in really big print your entirely stupid take that flies in the face of all evidence is supposed to carry more weight.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up