ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 112
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:17 AM 04-14-2023
National media gives a ton of love to Lynch and Rat Jr, but there needs to be some balanced criticism, recognizing a huuuuuuge shortcoming of theirs.

2017 was a complete epic disaster for Lynch. He sat there with his supposed QB whisperer head coach, looked at the QBs in that draft, and said, "I'll pass." In my opinion, that is JUST as bad as taking a busted QB with a high pick, which he conveniently has also done. And it turns out even after his little trade down with the Bears, he STILL had the opportunity to take two elite starters (until one of them, well... you know...) and didn't recognize greatness when it stared up at him, even though he had nobody at the position he was married to. Janeane wasn't even a 49er yet at the time.

With that team and Mahomes? Does anybody think they wouldn't have won the last 4 Super Bowls? Or at least 3 of the last 4? Instead they've got one appearance, some wasted draft picks on a presumable bust, and now they're trying to marry themselves to an impressive yet small and brittle Brock Purdy.

They got sooooo much love for their 2017 draft. They were "smart" for not taking a QB. Solomon Thomas was what smart GMs do. The other teams who trade up for QBs are always reaching, and they just don't get it! Well, the results are in, and that was 100% incorrect. And nobody ever talks about it. It's only ever, "look at that blue chip pass rusher he got with a top 5 pick! What a stud GM!"
[Reply]
Mecca 09:18 AM 04-14-2023
To show you how much things change quickly, Solomon Thomas went 3rd what 6 years ago?

Gervon Dexter is almost the same prospect and he's a round 2 guy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:19 AM 04-14-2023
Also, it's funny how two supposed Andy Reid puppets are the top two GMs in the league. Wonder how that happened?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:14 PM 04-19-2023
People referenced it previously, but here's the link to Rosenthal's rankings:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-gm-powe...s-makes-his-ma
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:08 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
National media gives a ton of love to Lynch and Rat Jr, but there needs to be some balanced criticism, recognizing a huuuuuuge shortcoming of theirs.

2017 was a complete epic disaster for Lynch. He sat there with his supposed QB whisperer head coach, looked at the QBs in that draft, and said, "I'll pass." In my opinion, that is JUST as bad as taking a busted QB with a high pick, which he conveniently has also done. And it turns out even after his little trade down with the Bears, he STILL had the opportunity to take two elite starters (until one of them, well... you know...) and didn't recognize greatness when it stared up at him, even though he had nobody at the position he was married to. Janeane wasn't even a 49er yet at the time.

With that team and Mahomes? Does anybody think they wouldn't have won the last 4 Super Bowls? Or at least 3 of the last 4? Instead they've got one appearance, some wasted draft picks on a presumable bust, and now they're trying to marry themselves to an impressive yet small and brittle Brock Purdy.

They got sooooo much love for their 2017 draft. They were "smart" for not taking a QB. Solomon Thomas was what smart GMs do. The other teams who trade up for QBs are always reaching, and they just don't get it! Well, the results are in, and that was 100% incorrect. And nobody ever talks about it. It's only ever, "look at that blue chip pass rusher he got with a top 5 pick! What a stud GM!"
The Lynch/Junior Shanny regime also inherited Kaep, who would have been ideal in the system.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:56 AM 09-20-2023
Let's do a head count here. The last 3 drafts outside of this year.

Trent McDuffie
George Karlaftis

Skyy Moore
Bryan Cook
Leo Chenal
Josh Williams

Darian Kinnard
Jaylen Watson
Isiah Pacheco

Nazeeh Johnson

Nick Bolton
Creed Humphrey

Josh Kaindoh
Noah Gray
Cornell Powell
Trey Smith

CEH
Willie Gay
Lucas Niang
L'Jarius Sneed
Mike Danna

Thakarius Keyes

I would consider all of the bold as draft hits, which ranges from a possible blue chip player to a solid starter on a cheap rookie contract. Not sure many teams compared to this. Maybe Philly or Dallas?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:58 AM 09-20-2023
Yeah, he can build a SB roster, but if he can't draft WR talent, I don't think he's a good fit as GM for us.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 09-20-2023
The CEH one just fucking sucks what happened there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:00 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Trent McDuffie
George Karlaftis

Skyy Moore
Bryan Cook
Leo Chenal
Josh Williams

Darian Kinnard
Jaylen Watson
Isiah Pacheco

Nazeeh Johnson

Nick Bolton
Creed Humphrey

Josh Kaindoh
Noah Gray
Cornell Powell
Trey Smith

CEH
Willie Gay
Lucas Niang
L'Jarius Sneed
Mike Danna

Thakarius Keyes

I would consider all of the bold as draft hits, which ranges from a possible blue chip player to a solid starter on a cheap rookie contract. Not sure many teams compared to this. Maybe Philly or Dallas?
I’m a major CEH hater, but he’s scored 17 TDs in 3 season.

If that’s one of our misses? We’re in good shape.

Yes, he is a miss but not the Breeland Speaks level of miss.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:38 AM 09-20-2023

Trent McDuffie
George Karlaftis

Skyy Moore
Bryan Cook
Leo Chenal
Josh Williams

Darian Kinnard
Jaylen Watson
Isiah Pacheco

Nazeeh Johnson

Nick Bolton
Creed Humphrey

Josh Kaindoh
Noah Gray
Cornell Powell
Trey Smith

CEH
Willie Gay
Lucas Niang
L'Jarius Sneed
Mike Danna

Thakarius Keyes

My only disagreement is that I think the jury is still out on Cook. Not saying he hasn't contributed, but as a decent, consistent guy? We'll see. On the other hand I'd call Naz Johnson a hit as a 7th rounder who regularly stood out on STs. That's a lot of contributors no doubt.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:04 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
My only disagreement is that I think the jury is still out on Cook. Not saying he hasn't contributed, but as a decent, consistent guy? We'll see. On the other hand I'd call Naz Johnson a hit as a 7th rounder who regularly stood out on STs. That's a lot of contributors no doubt.
If the wE dOnT pLEh iNN tEh SOOpErBOwL wIToUT JoNeS sACK oN 3Rd aND aTe window lickers are correct, then the same is also true that without Cook swatting that pass that ended up as an interception, we don't win that game.

Since, you know, games are decided on singular plays that aren't the last play of the game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:11 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
If the wE dOnT pLEh iNN tEh SOOpErBOwL wIToUT JoNeS sACK oN 3Rd aND aTe window lickers are correct, then the same is also true that without Cook swatting that pass that ended up as an interception, we don't win that game.

Since, you know, games are decided on singular plays that aren't the last play of the game.
Well, yeah, I mean maybe not. Pretty big play.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:47 AM 09-20-2023
The talent is there, we need to play clean football. Penalties, drops, and turnovers have been AIDS the first two weeks.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:52 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

The Jones sack has been explained to you multiple times. Either you are unwilling or unable to grasp what is being explained and why the two scenarios above are not the same thing.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:36 PM 09-20-2023

Trent McDuffie
George Karlaftis

Skyy Moore
Bryan Cook
Leo Chenal
Josh Williams

Darian Kinnard
Jaylen Watson
Isiah Pacheco

Nazeeh Johnson

Nick Bolton
Creed Humphrey

Josh Kaindoh
Noah Gray
Cornell Powell
Trey Smith

CEH
Willie Gay
Lucas Niang
L'Jarius Sneed
Mike Danna

Thakarius Keyes

You can't be good unless you draft well. Drafting poorly is a highway to hell. The Chiefs of the mid to late 70s were pretty bad and if you look up their drafts from that era it's pretty easy to understand why.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 112
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107 > Last »
Up