ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3133 of 3903
« First < 2133263330333083312331293130313131323133 31343135313631373143318332333633 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 04:44 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I put it in quotes for a reason. One, it's a world's first. Two, people see RNA and get freaked out. It's not an attenuated influenza shot.

And it's already started. It's already making the rounds that the mRNA vaccines "alter your DNA." That's not true, but many people will believe it.
I've seen that too. Public health officials need to push back hard against nonsense like that. Get accurate information out to the people.
[Reply]
TLO 04:45 PM 11-17-2020
I've also seen people claiming that the aluminum and other toxins found in the vaccine will turn you into a human 5G antenna.

Yes I'm being serous.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:46 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've seen that too. Public health officials need to push back hard against nonsense like that. Get accurate information out to the people.
:-)

You must be new here. But I admire your optimism that we'll avoid a shitshow of disinformation.
[Reply]
Donger 04:51 PM 11-17-2020
I'm sure they will try. But, we still have people arguing about masks. MASKS.
[Reply]
Pants 11-17-2020, 04:55 PM
This message has been deleted by Pants. Reason: Probably way too political
dirk digler 05:00 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
More good news for the hope that vaccines will be a near-total way out of this. I really feel like things will be almost completely normal by next fall and hopefully near normal much sooner than that.

I was reading that earlier today and that is good news especially for vaccines. It did point out though that some people that had very mild\asymptomatic symptoms there was no immune response or very little so they probably could be susceptible again. Those people will need to get the vaccine.

Makes you wonder about viral load playing a big part in the mild\asymptomatic cases.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:13 PM 11-17-2020
I hope so too, but I think we'll also see a lot of people hesitant to take "the world's first mRNA vaccine," at least initially.
I highly doubt the majority even know what a “mRNA” vaccine is. Just saying.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:17 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I get the hesitation, but to some extent I feel like a vaccine at least allows people to make their own choice. Right now, vulnerable groups don't have much of a choice but to stay home if they're trying to stay safe. If there's a vaccine, they at least get the option to roll the dice with a vaccine or stay home indefinitely.
Do we know how many of us, what % need to take the vaccine to resume normal life’s?
[Reply]
TLO 05:20 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I highly doubt the majority even know what a “mRNA” vaccine is. Just saying.
A lot of people probably don't. That's why I think some sort of public information campaign would be good.

Do we know how many of us, what % need to take the vaccine to resume normal life’s?
Nobody knows for sure. The latest estimates are somewhere between 40%-70%.
[Reply]
Donger 05:25 PM 11-17-2020
I was reading about herd immunity through vaccines for other viruses the other day. It's something like 95% for measles.

On an individual basis, when I get my shot(s) and the required time takes place for me to be "immune," I'll go back to normal.
[Reply]
TLO 11-17-2020, 05:27 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: read incorrectly
dirk digler 05:30 PM 11-17-2020
A lot of people probably don't. That's why I think some sort of public information campaign would be good.

Dr Fauci said around 75%. So many people don't want to take a vaccine so do we think we could hit that number?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:30 PM 11-17-2020

40% vaccination rate in the USA is doable, I’d hope anyway. 70% I don’t think is going to happen without a lot more education and attitude adjustment from the general public.

I was reading about herd immunity through vaccines for other viruses the other day. It's something like 95% for measles.

On an individual basis, when I get my shot(s) and the required time takes place for me to be "immune," I'll go back to normal.
I see no way we get to 95% of Americans voluntarily taking a vaccine.
[Reply]
TLO 05:35 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Dr Fauci said around 75%. So many people don't want to take a vaccine so do we think we could hit that number?
Frankly, no.

I think the better part of next year will be spent trying to encourage the general population that a vaccine is both safe and effective.

The promise of "getting back to normal" will probably be a pretty good incentive for some.

It's going to be a fight though.
[Reply]
Donger 05:36 PM 11-17-2020
40% vaccination rate in the USA I’d hope anyway. 70% I don’t think is going to happen without a lot more education and attitude adjustment from the general public.
Maybe the comparison to flu shot percentages isn't very good, really. Seasonal influenza is just kind of a thing that we all deal with every year and most people know how effective it is varies. COVID-19 has had such a significantly greater affect on all of us in so many ways, perhaps more people will agree just to get this shit storm behind us?
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:39 PM 11-17-2020
Frankly, no.

I think the better part of next year will be spent trying to encourage the general population that a vaccine is both safe and effective.

The promise of "getting back to normal" will probably be a pretty good incentive for some.

It's going to be a fight though.
Yep totally agree.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:40 PM 11-17-2020
Maybe the comparison to flu shot percentages isn't very good, really. Seasonal influenza is just kind of a thing that we all deal with every year and most people know how effective it is varies. COVID-19 has had such a significantly affect on all of us in so many ways, perhaps more people will agree just to get this shit storm behind us?
I tend to agree. If it was seen as seasonal flu level, they’d say **** it.

But, if it’s sold as you want this shit to end? You want to go to arena concerts again? Full sports stadiums? Go see grandma without worrying about bringing something with you? Take the damn vaccine.
[Reply]
Page 3133 of 3903
« First < 2133263330333083312331293130313131323133 31343135313631373143318332333633 > Last »
Up