ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2233 of 3903
« First < 1233173321332183222322292230223122322233 223422352236223722432283233327333233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:22 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Agreed I really think the problem is at the beginning of this deal the CDC was all over the place with their mask recommendations because they didn't want a toilet paper style run on masks which would have left too few for healthcare workers. So it's first you tell us masks don't work now you're trying to tell us not only they DO work but we HAVE to wear them. It pisses me off as well even though I kinda figured what was going on.

I think really it's just a matter of people with fever need to stay isolated and inside. More data is coming out on this deal and it really appears the risk of asymptomatic transmission is very low:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3240...IhgNVHGM3d4pO8

I'm not so sure that monitoring body temp at entrances to public places isn't a bad idea but that would probably go over about 10 times worse than masks. Lol But that could potentially be a way we could have stuff like a proper football season with fans in the stands.
That study is garbage.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:22 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'll ****ing man up and say it...I couldn't do it. No way. Nothing but respect to those of you who do.
Healthcare is a choice and you are getting paid. Going to Disney is also a choice but the difference is I am paying them. And I am not going to pay them and wear a mask in the Florida heat and humidity. That's my choice.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:23 PM 05-26-2020
The virus was garbage. Total bullshit overeating.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:25 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
When we went to dinner the other night the entire staff at the restaurant wore masks. And they constantly pulled them down to talk to each other or when they were off in at their stations putting orders in and such. Some had their nose exposed.

Saw several customers come in wearing masks. Then watched them grab them with their bare hands as the Wife stuffed them in her purse. Then they would put them back on to go to the bathroom but not while they were sitting at their table or talking with the wait staff.

So again, people wear masks but usually do all kinds of dumb shit to defeat the purpose.
I'm not sure there's any realistic way to expect people to wear masks in restaurants. Especially customers.

And I'll tell you one other thing...I'll bet there wasn't one customer in that restaurant in Centennial that would have even batted an eye if that waitress came up to their table without one.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:27 PM 05-26-2020
Healthcare is a choice and you are getting paid. Going to Disney is also a choice but the difference is I am paying them. And I am not going to pay them and wear a mask in the Florida heat and humidity. That's my choice.
Yes, and ok? Don't go to Disney if that's what they're expecting.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:28 PM 05-26-2020
I'm not sure there's any realistic way to expect people to wear masks in restaurants. Especially customers.

And I'll tell you one other thing...I'll bet there wasn't one customer in that restaurant in Centennial that would have even batted an eye if that waitress came up to their table without one.
Probably not. And I agree and it isn't just restaurants. You see people at the grocery store wearing them and they touch them or what I really see is as soon as they walk out they grab the mask and pull if off with their bare hand then proceed to go onto their car. If that mask did block anything that person just put their hand in it and now will touch their face and such and ruin the entire point of wearing the thing if their goal was to prevent them from getting it.
[Reply]
Spott 09:30 PM 05-26-2020
That will be interesting to see what happens with the parks. I was in Orlando this weekend and masks were pretty much non existent there. 90 degree temperatures and crazy humidity probably makes those things unbearable.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM 05-26-2020
If they decide that's their rule and you don't want to follow, you'll just have to wait to go to Disney when this is all over. Same with any business that asks you to wear a mask. Don't want to wear one at Costco? Then shop somewhere else. It's that easy.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:32 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
That will be interesting to see what happens with the parks. I was in Orlando this weekend and masks were pretty much non existent there. 90 degree temperatures and crazy humidity probably makes those things unbearable.
I am sure it's a liability thing though Disney claims they are surveying their guests. To me that's just a way to say "out guests approved this" but whatever.

I think most of the people saying it's a great idea are probably people who will never step into any of those parks and if they do they will have a quick change of heart.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:32 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If they decide that's their rule and you don't want to follow, you'll just have to wait to go to Disney when this is all over. Same with any business that asks you to wear a mask. Don't want to wear one at Costco? Then shop somewhere else. It's that easy.
That's pretty much what I said but yes, I agree.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:35 PM 05-26-2020
Probably not. And I agree and it isn't just restaurants. You see people at the grocery store wearing them and they touch them or what I really see is as soon as they walk out they grab the mask and pull if off with their bare hand then proceed to go onto their car. If that mask did block anything that person just put their hand in it and now will touch their face and such and ruin the entire point of wearing the thing if their goal was to prevent them from getting it.
I don't know man. I really go back and forth on it. Common sense tells me exactly what you're saying. But I also try not to be "that guy" and if that's what's going to make others feel safe and will help get us back to some sense of normalcy I'll play along...to a point. But there's no way in hell I could, or even would, ever do an 8 hour shift in one in the summertime.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:37 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The virus was garbage. Total bullshit overeating.
CDC excess mortality from January 2017 to the present was never more than 9.3-13.1% above average for the country. For the last week of April it was 31.8-36.4% above average.

From January 2017 through March 2020, there were 7 weeks that triggered excess mortality. Beginning the last week of March through the most recently reported week, May 9, every single week has had a tag for excess mortality.

Excess mortality for NYC was between 600-650% in the middle of April.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

I've never seen such a group of proudly ignorant people. It's really pathetic.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:37 PM 05-26-2020
I don't know man. I really go back and forth on it. Common sense tells me exactly what you're saying. But I also try not to be "that guy" and if that's what's going to make others feel safe and will help get us back to some sense of normalcy I'll play along...to a point. But there's no way in hell I could, or even would, ever do an 8 hour shift in one in the summertime.
The reality is this; Masks are in large part psychological and almost to a detriment. Unless you are wearing to prevent spread you really aren't doing much else. If you socially distance then the odds of you getting it are about the same as if you have on a mask. I understand what you're saying though.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:38 PM 05-26-2020
I am sure it's a liability thing though Disney claims they are surveying their guests. To me that's just a way to say "out guests approved this" but whatever.

I think most of the people saying it's a great idea are probably people who will never step into any of those parks and if they do they will have a quick change of heart.
Yes, liability is absolutely the driving force in a lot of it. And I can't blame any business for it with the way people love to sue in this country.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:48 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
CDC excess mortality from January 2017 to the present was never more than 9.3-13.1% above average for the country. For the last week of April it was 31.8-36.4% above average.

From January 2017 through March 2020, there were 7 weeks that triggered excess mortality. Beginning the last week of March through the most recently reported week, May 9, every single week has had a tag for excess mortality.

Excess mortality for NYC was between 600-650% in the middle of April.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

I've never seen such a group of proudly ignorant people. It's really pathetic.

And wearing a mask didn't help any of them.

Or so I've read on here.
[Reply]
Page 2233 of 3903
« First < 1233173321332183222322292230223122322233 223422352236223722432283233327333233 > Last »
Up