ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2183 of 3903
« First < 1183168320832133217321792180218121822183 218421852186218721932233228326833183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:38 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'd bet anyone that doesn't happen.
This is the same group that said we would have like 2 million deaths a month ago and I believe that was with mitigation.

There was also so model the other day that said 300,000 dead bu August. Only it assumed all the states opened up and went 100% back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pants 12:39 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, back to your pedantic bullshit. So show us all where they say masks prevent you from getting Covid. It should be rather easy for you. Cause I haven't seen a single medical expert say it does. In fact I have seen tons stress just the opposite.
OMFG. Pete.

Please stop.

Your posts are literally PAINFUL to read.

This is easy stuff and I am sure you understand this.

First, "help prevent" =/= "prevent." You, yourself, have used "gray area" in the past. Hopefully you can grasp this concept.

Second, masks offer some protection.

The protection is the same BOTH WAYS when it comes to inhaling/exhaling DROPLETS containing the virus.

The masks are not a magical one way portal which somehow stops the droplets form getting out but not getting in.

When you wear a mask, SOME droplets coming from you just breathing are stopped by the mask. This mitigates the spread of the virus. Hopefully you know that "mitigates" is not the same as "stops."

It works the SAME way when you breathe in.

The difference comes with eyes. You don't breathe out droplets from your eyes. The mask doesn't cover the eyes. Hence it helps MORE when it comes to protecting people from your breathing and doesn't help ANY when existing droplets can land in your eyes.

This is why the masks are more effective at stopping the spread from you to others than protecting you. They still HELP do both. They just help one more than the other.

Jesus fucking Christ, man.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Never knew we had so many Virus experts posting on ChiefsPlanet
Who’s claiming to be a virus expert dipshit?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:48 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
OMFG. Pete.

Please stop.

Your posts are literally PAINFUL to read.

This is easy stuff and I am sure you understand this.

First, "help prevent" =/= "prevent." You, yourself, have used "gray area" in the past. Hopefully you can grasp this concept.

Second, masks offer some protection.

The protection is the same BOTH WAYS when it comes to inhaling/exhaling DROPLETS containing the virus.

The masks are not a magical one way portal which somehow stops the droplets form getting out but not getting in.

When you wear a mask, SOME droplets coming from you just breathing are stopped by the mask. This mitigates the spread of the virus. Hopefully you know that "mitigates" is not the same as "stops."

It works the SAME way when you breathe in.

The difference comes with eyes. You don't breathe out droplets from your eyes. The mask doesn't cover the eyes. Hence it helps MORE when it comes to protecting people from your breathing and doesn't help ANY when existing droplets can land in your eyes.

This is why the masks are more effective at stopping the spread from you to others than protecting you. They still HELP do both. They just help one more than the other.

Jesus ****ing Christ, man.
Yea JFC man!!! Look at me an my mask that protected me!! Watch as I block all those virus particles that are now living on the outside of my mask that I won't take off for another hour or two that is literally an inch or less than away from my eyes. Watch as I use my hand to adjust my mask or no, no, wait for it, as I walk out to my car grab my particle soaked mask with my bare hand and toss it into my car or maybe the trash but as many do, just on the ground. Then before I sanitize a ****ing thing I scratch my nose or rub my eyes.

My mask soaked up the nasty particles from those infected people like a champ....sorta. Then I grabbed my mask and spread them all over my face.

KILLER DUDE!!! :-)
[Reply]
wazu 12:51 PM 05-22-2020
Yea JFC man!!! Look at me an my mask that protected me!! Watch as I block all those virus particles that are now living on the outside of my mask that I won't take off for another hour or two that is literally an inch or less than away from my eyes. Watch as I use my hand to adjust my mask or no, no, wait for it, as I walk out to my car grab my particle soaked mask with my bare hand and toss it into my car or maybe the trash but as many do, just on the ground. Then before I sanitize a ****ing thing I scratch my nose or rub my eyes.

My mask soaked up the nasty particles. Then I grabbed my mask and spread them all over my face.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. That is still better protected than no mask.
[Reply]
Donger 12:52 PM 05-22-2020
Watch as I block all those virus particles that are now living on the outside of my mask
See? I told you you were getting there...
[Reply]
petegz28 12:55 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Not sure what point you are trying to make. That is still better protected than no mask.
Is it? That was the subject of an article I posted yesterday. That very question. If you wore the mask properly, didn't spent more than a couple of minutes close to an infected person, never touched the mask until you took it off and then sanatized your hand before you touched anything else it would help.

Most likely people grab their mask multiple times as they wear it and or take it off and never think twice about washing their hand(s) before touching their face or anything so, yeah, the mask itself when worn properly might help. Til the person wearing it fucks it all up.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 12:55 PM 05-22-2020
Just an update: my mother-in-laws test came back negative, so that's good....
[Reply]
petegz28 12:57 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Sorry, to finish my point the article basically stated that is most cases you are just as safe without a mask than with if your goal is to prevent getting the virus. If your goal is to prevent spreading it because you think you have it then that is what most experts are saying is the most effective use for the mask.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:59 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Just an update: my mother-in-laws test came back negative, so that's good....
SWEET!!!!

On that similar but separate note, if you do not have a DNR order please get one. MY FIL's, Dad who is his 80's and has been battling cancer coded this morning. There wasn't a DNR order so they brought him back but now they fear they did more damage to him doing that.

My FIL is a mess because he thought there was one and was going to let him go because he thinks that's what his Dad wanted.
[Reply]
Pants 12:59 PM 05-22-2020

My mask soaked up the nasty particles from those infected people like a champ....sorta. Then I grabbed my mask and spread them all over my face.

Well that makes a little more sense. Your stance was never that masks magically stop the droplets one way but not the other or not that the masks do not offer any protection at all.

The entire time, your argument was that people don't use the masks correctly. This can potentially lead to the worst case scenario you described.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:04 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Well that makes a little more sense. Your stance was never that masks magically stop the droplets one way but not the other or not that the masks do not offer any protection at all.

The entire time, your argument was that people don't use the masks correctly. This can potentially lead to the worst case scenario you described.
Perhaps I was allowing myself to get caught up in a pedantic part of the argument, I agree. My stance was masks are not good at prevention. I cited articles that stated in large part that the loose fittings and materials in general along with improper use shall we say, did not prevent much more than large droplets which is why they are generally for not spreading as opposed to preventing. People jumped on the minute detail of stopping particular droplets and I went along as opposed to pointing out that stopping the droplets was the least of the problem. Agreed there.

You're a good man, Pants.......stay golden
[Reply]
lewdog 01:08 PM 05-22-2020
Who knew Olathe was the hotbed of sound medical advice?!
[Reply]
limested 01:12 PM 05-22-2020
By this same logic it is pointless to wear protective equipment when dealing with toxic chemicals because if you don’t wash your hands after removing and then touch your eyes you might go blind.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:12 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not a dodge, it's a matter of truth. Yes, there are certain populations that have lower risks; it doesn't make them immune to catching or spreading the disease, and given that most other populations have a substantially higher risk, the end result of that will result in more hospitalizations and more deaths.

Ninety percent of people with polio are asymptomatic. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't vaccinate everyone.
This isn't true though, a very small % of the population are at a substantially high risk from this. We know this from the number of known case+unknown cases compared to deaths.
[Reply]
Page 2183 of 3903
« First < 1183168320832133217321792180218121822183 218421852186218721932233228326833183 > Last »
Up