[Reply]
petegz28 04:19 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
did we finally hit the bottom?
doubtful but what a weird fucking day
[Reply]
lewdog 04:38 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
And here I am up 10% on the day so far...
Nasdaq hit bear market 20% down and bounced hard. Possibly bottom found but can’t say officially. Could be sucking retail in hard before another smash to lower levels.

I can’t imagine how much your account is down this year. Prayers.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:44 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nasdaq hit bear market 20% down and bounced hard. Possibly bottom found but can’t say officially. Could be sucking retail in hard before another smash to lower levels.

I can’t imagine how much your account is down this year. Prayers.
All I own now is AMC and GME, I'm down pretty big currently but save your prayers because I'll be rich eventually.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:55 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
All I own now is AMC and GME, I'm down pretty big currently but save your prayers because I'll be rich eventually.
Friendly suggestion but I'd get out of that if ever in the green. There are better, safer opportunities that don't have inflated evaluations simply from meme status.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:11 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Friendly suggestion but I'd get out of that if ever in the green. There are better, safer opportunities that don't have inflated evaluations simply from meme status.
I have made more money off of these two stocks in the last couple years than every other stock I've ever owned plus crypto combined...a lot more. They are gamble plays that I have conviction in, and even if they both go to 0 (they won't) I'll still be up overall.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:45 AM 02-25-2022
I'm back up to 40% invested in my long term positions for VOO and VXF in my long term positions. Will also look to PYPL as a long term in my ROTH. If today holds green I will get to 50% invested in my long term account.

Charts are still VERY sloppy regarding trading. So outside of 1-2 very short day trades I make a week to stay on top of the charts, I am sitting 100% cash in my trading account and have been almost all of 2022.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:23 AM 02-25-2022
Upon further review: it is possible yesterday set a bottom. That being said, it doesn't mean we won't trade back down to it, etc. but on a weekly chart of the QQQs, we did hit a support level.

We also have had the worst 2 consecutive months of market declines since Covid. That is significant because as nasty and potentially risky as the Ukraine fighting is, tit-for-tat, the Covid shutdown had a lot more of an economic impact globally and across all aspects of the economy.

We still have a lot of inflation to battle and we got yet another indicator this morning that was the highest since 1983 in the way of PCE inflation.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:25 AM 02-25-2022
I'm back up to 40% invested in my long term positions for VOO and VXF in my long term positions. Will also look to PYPL as a long term in my ROTH. If today holds green I will get to 50% invested in my long term account.

Charts are still VERY sloppy regarding trading. So outside of 1-2 very short day trades I make a week to stay on top of the charts, I am sitting 100% cash in my trading account and have been almost all of 2022.
I have not sold a dime in all of this outside of some slight re-balancing. It has been scary to say the least but I am sticking with it.
[Reply]
-King- 08:40 AM 02-25-2022

Why PayPal?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:09 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why PayPal?
I have PayPal in my Son's trust. I have to admit after their last earnings reports and the bullshit that came out of the CEO, I really contemplated dumping it. It and Google are the only non-dividend paying stocks I have in his trust, FTR.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:36 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why PayPal?
Beaten down and I think their long-term outlook is strong for when tech stocks rebound.

PE of 80 down to a more realistic range of 30 and below most of it's competitors now with recent drop in share price. Earning growth potential still remains strong.

Stock down 65% from it's high and back to pre COVID levels.

Concerns remain about inflation and revenues, however. This is true of most companies though, but at some point I believe all the beaten down tech will lead us back when the markets rebound.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:00 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Upon further review: it is possible yesterday set a bottom. That being said, it doesn't mean we won't trade back down to it, etc. but on a weekly chart of the QQQs, we did hit a support level.

We also have had the worst 2 consecutive months of market declines since Covid. That is significant because as nasty and potentially risky as the Ukraine fighting is, tit-for-tat, the Covid shutdown had a lot more of an economic impact globally and across all aspects of the economy.

We still have a lot of inflation to battle and we got yet another indicator this morning that was the highest since 1983 in the way of PCE inflation.
I think that is certainly possible. It sure looks like the commodities set a top. It's certainly possible they are unwinding before the weekend and could get back after it Monday.

The grains have been moving opposite of the stock market for awhile, and I sold a fuckton of corn and wheat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 02-25-2022
but at some point I believe all the beaten down tech will lead us back when the markets rebound.
We're just starting to scratch the surface on AR/VR, distributed edge computing, AI/ML and automation. Experiences are about to change dramatically.

I think you're right.
[Reply]
scho63 10:15 AM 02-25-2022
I think the market is ignoring some upcoming strong headwinds.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:42 AM 02-25-2022
Just completed the best financial decision of my life Wednesday afternoon.

Vasectomy. 8 minute procedure and on day 2 feeling pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 833 of 934
« First < 333733783823829830831832833 834835836837843883933 > Last »
Up