Hall of Classics>****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****
pr_capone 12:49 PM 10-01-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials
Spoiler!

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air
Spoiler!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17
Spoiler!

10/17 - 11/9
Spoiler!

11/9 - Blackout
Spoiler!

Blackout - Raiders
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:41 PM 10-01-2012
A blackout for the funeral of Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 06:44 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Hopefully the various "fan displeasure outlets" can coordinate a little so a singular message can have the largest impact.

If this continues to build, a coordinated effort with each successive game.

Keep the message clean enough to appeal to the masses. For example a "blackout" where fans attending the game all wear black as a reminder to Clark of what will happen to attendance if this team continues its course.

I also think its important to keep a message of general player support. We still (mostly) love the guys out there playing their hearts out. I get the need to single Cassel out, but ultimately I want the players to realize we support them and this is directed at the FO. I think that will be more likely to appeal to the masses.
I definitely agree but it really seems like our players dont even care anymore...they know. theyre not fucking stupid. theyre not gonna give it 110% for a shit qb like cassel. this season is over for us already
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 06:47 PM 10-01-2012
How about next we get a crop duster to fly over Arrowhead and drop 60,000 candy wrappers on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DTLB58 06:48 PM 10-01-2012
For both home games so far this season fans have tweeted pics of Clark in the Parking lot at their tailgate.

Anyone at the game keep an eye out for him to show him the banner. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:48 PM 10-01-2012
This is just fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:48 PM 10-01-2012
Hey PR people on twitter are asking if they can donate cash. Suggestions on what to tell them?
[Reply]
jspchief 06:51 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
I definitely agree but it really seems like our players dont even care anymore...they know. theyre not fucking stupid. theyre not gonna give it 110% for a shit qb like cassel. this season is over for us already
Oh I know. The entire team is a mess. But its not like the fanbase wants another roster flush like the Herm era.

But I think a secondary message that we still support the players (Cassel excluded) has the best chance of garnering the most fan support. Even the most diehard fans might find it easier to rail against Crennel, Pioli, and Hunt if they feel like they aren't turning their back on guys like Charles, Hali, and Berry.

If the goal is for this movement to have the loudest voice, you have to have a message that the majority of fans are willing to speak.
[Reply]
wazu 06:51 PM 10-01-2012
I'm so proud to be a member of this awesome site.
[Reply]
Bewbies 06:54 PM 10-01-2012
Maybe we will get an avalanche of n00bs... Hopefully truefans and we can educate on the value of the QB position in the modern NFL. :-)

[Reply]
SomeRandomGirl 06:56 PM 10-01-2012
We'd be in for $10. I know it's not a lot, but husband is furloughed again, so it's all we can budget in at the moment and we both love the idea.
[Reply]
jspchief 06:57 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Maybe we will get an avalanche of n00bs... Hopefully truefans and we can educate on the value of the QB position in the modern NFL. :-)

This why CP shouldn't be the rallying point. This place is not suited for mass consumption.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:58 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
better than walkouts, etc would be a brown bag deal like Cleveland fans used to do. Something that is visible and gets on tv (hopefully). So what, people walk out all the time - not enough visibility. And no one will ever know concession sales are down.
yep, walkouts and boycotts don't work. (at least for getting attention, obviously businesses might respond to boycotts) You need something visible, that doesn't require sound (since a reporter will be talking over you anyway, and writers will want to paint a picture). So, flying banners work as would similar, visual, ideas.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 07:03 PM 10-01-2012
Broke as hell right now, but will hopefully be able to donate some if we do it again for the Raiders game.

I like BENCH CASSEL/FIRE PIOLI...simple & to the point.

Oh and I just want to say, this site is freakin awesome! Proud to be a member here too for 4 years, wish I joined sooner. By far the best forum on the interwebz.
[Reply]
Buck 07:04 PM 10-01-2012
Holy shit....

Mad Props, Chiefs fans. Especially you pr_capone.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 07:05 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by jspchief:

Keep the message clean enough to appeal to the masses. For example a "blackout" where fans attending the game all wear black as a reminder to Clark of what will happen to attendance if this team continues its course.

I also think its important to keep a message of general player support. We still (mostly) love the guys out there playing their hearts out. I get the need to single Cassel out, but ultimately I want the players to realize we support them and this is directed at the FO. I think that will be more likely to appeal to the masses.
This is perfect idea to get things started. I don't think this team has hit bottom yet, so there's still time left to go dirty.
I would not post chiefsplanet.com on the banner/billboard. Might only be me but, many who support the team may not understand "Go fist your Grandma" and "Die in a AIDS fire" in the threads linked from the first page of the Lounge.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 603
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125525 > Last »
Up