ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
In Memoriam>We lost a poster and a friend yesterday [Crazyhorse]
Chief Roundup 08:05 AM 08-12-2012
Crazyhorse has passed away. He fought a very long and hard battle. He went in to get another lung transplant, since they messed up on the first set of lungs. Well this time these lungs came with a bacteria/fungus that attacked the incisions including where these lungs were attached to his body. It was something that could not be overcome.

He will be missed.
[Reply]
milkman 08:07 AM 08-12-2012
RIP
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:09 AM 08-12-2012
RIP Crazyhorse.
May I ask approximately how old he was?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:15 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
RIP Crazyhorse.
May I ask approximately how old he was?
48 yrs old
He had been fighting through this for almost 5 years.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:22 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
48 yrs old
OMG! My thoughts and prayers for friends and family...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:07 AM 08-12-2012
48 yrs old
The wife had a good friend she worked with that had lung transplants she fought for years.

Constantly going through different drugs, rejection, carrying small O tanks, etc.

I think right about 5 years was when she passed as well.

Her body "dealt" with it but I don't think anything really worked to where it accepted it.

She never smoked, never drank, never did drugs. She got the big C and they caught it in time and got her on the list.

She was a very attractive light skinned black woman. When the services were held the wife brought back pictures they had of her and her family.

I flipped through the first few and thought "Wow, her parents were deeeeeep dark. There some family history they don't like to talk about?"

Then I saw some photos of her in HS and College. She was very dark as well. She didn't look like I knew her until she'd already had the transplant.

I'll admit it was the first time something made me want to quit smoking. I didn't. I still do. I'm a creature of bad habits.

If I'd lost that kind of pigment I'd be ****ing invisable.

Short story long anytime could be your time. Anything could happen.

Live your life like you've been given a gift because you have...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:52 AM 08-12-2012
48 yrs old
Wow that' way too young, hope the fam is alright and may he be with the Lord now.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:09 AM 08-12-2012
RIP
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:10 AM 08-12-2012
RIP, God speed
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:10 AM 08-12-2012
I am very sorry to hear about that. I did not know he was having trouble again. I always pulled for him after how well it seemed like he came through the first transpant. I will miss seeing him here from time to time.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:27 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I am very sorry to hear about that. I did not know he was having trouble again. I always pulled for him after how well it seemed like he came through the first transpant. I will miss seeing him here from time to time.
Yeah the doctors had hoped that his body could recuperate after the first transplant when they found out that the lungs had holes and other issues with them. Well his body struggled along as it was never getting ahead. They had one chance here as he was nearing not being able to sustain life on the first set of lungs. They took the chance. He was up walking and talking off of almost everything, breathing on his own. Then the fungus showed up and within days the doctors couldn't do anything about it.
The fungus was something that was dormant in the lungs until they got transplanted and his immune system saw this fungus and tried to fight against it but could not.

Dan fought through it and kept his head up being positive for his family and friends. Although he will be missed by a lot of people. I am glad that he is not struggling anymore.
[Reply]
BoneKrusher 08:10 AM 08-12-2012
sad news, thoughts and Prayers for his family.

RIP
[Reply]
Coogs 08:11 AM 08-12-2012
RIP Crazyhorse
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 08:11 AM 08-12-2012
Damn!

R.I.P.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:16 AM 08-12-2012
RIP.

One toasted and poured in the dirt for home team down...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Up