ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>Spielberg: Ready Player One trailer...
Deberg_1990 05:24 PM 07-22-2017
Pop culture overload....

[Reply]
patteeu 12:02 PM 04-02-2018
Saw it. Enjoyed the movie. The 3D was good (I haven't been a 3D fan in the past).

The seats in the AMC Independence IMAX suck. It felt like sitting on a squatty potty (the seats were low) with a rigidly and uncomfortably upright back. Would not go there again.

[Reply]
bowener 01:58 PM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!
In the book they aren't. The book is bad, and the movie was worse. I actually enjoyed the book for what it is, but Cline shouldn't have been anywhere near this script.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:21 PM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
People bitching about the utter Caucasity of it all.
Bla bla bla, people can go jump off a cliff...
[Reply]
Chieficus 09:02 PM 04-02-2018
It wasn't bad but it was different from the book in a lot of ways. Both my wife and I read and enjoyed the book (though it wasn't without it's own flaws, especially early on). We had the theater to ourselves when we saw it, so we did a lot of conversing about the differences.

That probably hindered the experience. I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't read the book.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:41 PM 04-06-2018
Just got around to seeing this. Was better than I expected. I had read the book and had no idea how they were going to make it work in a two hour movie, but they did a pretty good job of it. Loved the Kubrick scene, I grinned the entire time. I think I'd have to see it like five times to pick up all the nostalgia bombs dropped throughout it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:24 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just got around to seeing this. Was better than I expected. I had read the book and had no idea how they were going to make it work in a two hour movie, but they did a pretty good job of it. Loved the Kubrick scene, I grinned the entire time. I think I'd have to see it like five times to pick up all the nostalgia bombs dropped throughout it.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos on all the Easter eggs and not so subtle references to pop culture.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:50 PM 04-06-2018
I appreciated the nod towards Excalibur of all movies, too.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:40 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Wichita doesn't have any for family friendly movies, only for their 21+ theater. Fuggin' joke.
Turns out AMC just opened a renovated theater in Wichita, complete with leather recliners. Took my son to see Ready Player One, and we both really enjoyed the movie and have both read the book.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 PM 04-08-2018
$391 million globally in 11 days of release. Looks like Spielberg still has the popcorn movie touch.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:02 AM 04-09-2018
Felt a little silly being in the theater for this. Definitely a movie for pre-teens.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:06 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Felt a little silly being in the theater for this. Definitely a movie for pre-teens.
Or anyone who has ever been a pre-teen. Especially if you were a pre-teen or near pre-teen during the 70s or 80s. :-)
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:09 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Or anyone who has ever been a pre-teen. Especially if you were a pre-teen or near pre-teen during the 70s or 80s. :-)
Sorry, I played outside
[Reply]
patteeu 01:21 AM 04-09-2018
Sorry, I played outside
That's OK. I knew people like you. Outside people.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:28 AM 04-09-2018
At least tell us you didn't jack off in the bathroom.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:30 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
That's OK. I knew people like you. Outside people.
Do me!! What did you call 'electronics are for adults' kids. Right there in the 80s with all its distractions, and splitting my time between bicycles, creeks and soccer balls during daylight, and at the library or on the couch with a book at night.

On the 'more engaged with society' side, we did go to the movies pretty darned regular, often the Crest Drive-In, so we got three movies at a go.

But I've never really had much of anything in terms of video games, remote control stuff, action figures, cartoon character toys, etc. More books, sports equipment, BMX stuff, Skateboard stuff, Tonka Trucks, Hot Wheels, etc.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up