ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 386
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311361 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
While I have some problems with the episode, it seems to me that the Red God’s contribution might’ve been pointing Arya the right direction.
And Berrick keeping her alive.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:58 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
While I have some problems with the episode, it seems to me that the Red God’s contribution might’ve been pointing Arya the right direction.
All the build up of the importance of the red god and that's the contribution? I was entertained by the episode. The writing of the episode and how they got there was awful in my eyes though.

Like I said initially, I agree with pretty much everything written in that article. Virtually any of the fan theories, ANY of them, would have been better for the story. NK goes to KL? Better. Bran is a participant in any way? WTF not? Every single tactical decision regarding the battle was pretty senseless.

At this point with D&D I expect a midevil version of an action movie. The story isn't driving any more. Sapochnik thumbs up, D&D thumbs down
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:08 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And Berrick keeping her alive.
Yeah - Mel telling Arya to literally end winter sounds like a contribution to me.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:13 PM 05-01-2019
Yeah that contribution literally saved mankind so, um, kinda important
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 PM 05-01-2019
So I watched it again tonight. I wasn’t going to because it’s o damned intensive but I did. And I recommend it. There is a ton of stuff I missed. And the timing of things was different when you’re not wracked with tension.

And I got to pay more attention to and appreciate some of the finer details and the music.

Credit to the New Rockstars channel review but I didn’t realize they hadn’t used piano in the whole series except in the Light of the Seven episode when Cersi blows up the sept of Baylor. That corresponded with the arrival of winter. Maybe this piano score corresponds with the end? IDK. But the music - and sometimes silence was really good.

On the music note the episode featured that same noise which sounds like a jet going into freefall that the dark knight used. That Sound just puts tension in my body. Fucking Christ man.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:14 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by temper11:
Did people really plan to go to a little bar and watch the episode on that little f-ing tv stuck to the wall?
Ha. The second bar is something called burlington bar. They have some pretty cool reaction videos throughout the series. You see the same people there every week so pretty cool to see the reaction of those really emotionally invested in the show. Too bad they didn't think of that idea during the red wedding.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Ha. The second bar is something called burlington bar. They have some pretty cool reaction videos throughout the series. You see the same people there every week so pretty cool to see the reaction of those really emotionally invested in the show. Too bad they didn't think of that idea during the red wedding.
Too many of those reaction videos are people seeking their 3 mintues of fame. But, the Burlington Bar was doing that before it became a thing on youtube. Those people are real hard core GOT fans.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:40 AM 05-02-2019
https://twitter.com/katienolan/statu...537362435?s=20
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:41 AM 05-02-2019
Shit writing. This show jumped the fuckin' shark once they ran out of book material. Same fate as The Walking Dead. Sad
[Reply]
VAChief 10:48 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Dumbass
He neg repped me for something tongue in cheek. Dumbass/flacid dick indeed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:32 AM 05-02-2019
RIP to a great fucking character arc.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:36 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
RIP to a great ****ing character arc.

This is why I'm not writing off this show.

The journeys of the characters has always been what has driven this show - and that focus by D&D hasn't wavered. You could not have asked for a better arc from Theon (or better acting from Alfie mother****in' Allen). Love that he went down like a badass.

He also faced the exact same situation he faced with Yara the season before. He had to choose between instant death or fleeing, he died trying to save humanity.

RIP Theon.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:19 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This is why I'm not writing off this show.

The journeys of the characters has always been what has driven this show - and that focus by D&D hasn't wavered. You could not have asked for a better arc from Theon (or better acting from Alfie mother****in' Allen). Love that he went down like a badass.

He also faced the exact same situation he faced with Yara the season before. He had to choose between instant death or fleeing, he died trying to save humanity.

RIP Theon.
No the show is done, literally. Alfie made his character develop not the trash writing. You will be disappointed.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:40 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I hate people who talk (or worse, ask questions about the plot) during movies or TV shows. I wouldn't torture myself by attending something like this.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:44 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
No the show is done, literally. Alfie made his character develop not the trash writing. You will be disappointed.
That could be - I'm still gonna give the next three eps a chance tho
[Reply]
Page 261 of 386
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311361 > Last »
Up