ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1473 of 2693
« First < 47397313731423146314691470147114721473 147414751476147714831523157319732473 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:57 AM 03-08-2019
Anything folks want to see Mahomes improve on during this offseason? I'd like to see him work on his deep throws down the middle, his footing and patience when he steps into the pocket, and also I hope he continues to develop his left-hand throws. Having that weapon when he's flushed out to the left quickly would mean more extended plays from the left-hand side. He should work on throwing the ball lefty with proper technique and then slowly develop his range. Because I think DC's are gonna be drilling it into their players that they cannot allow him to run to his right.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:03 AM 03-08-2019
I want to see him improve his early game jitters. Have him play the first half like he plays the second half, and he'll lock up back to back MVP's. I don't give a shit about his footwork, release point, patience in the pocket (or lack of it) - just keep doing what you're doing, young man. Be aggressive, attack, rape defenses up and down, profit.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:14 AM 03-08-2019
He needs to improve on protection checks at the LoS
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:30 AM 03-08-2019
We’ve got a super smart QB with the best arm in the league. It won’t be long before he starts to outsmart defensive coordinators by himself like Manning used to do. All it takes is exposure. He will get that through time.

And yeah. Don’t give one flying fuck about footwork or any of that mechanical garbage. He and Reid know what needs to be done, if there is anything.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:36 AM 03-08-2019
You don't get better by standing still. And even though Pat is unbelievable, he still can improve which is scary for everyone else tbh.
[Reply]
Best22 08:39 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I mean, I guess.

Arguably the best QB of all time wasn't much of a prospect or he'd have been drafted higher.
Brady actually was a great prospect.

Great height, good enough arm, great work ethic, great leader, great intelligence and football IQ

Teams overlooked the intangibles. Teams weren’t as good at drafting quarterbacks. This is the same era where blockheads like Ryan Leaf were considered as good as Manning as prospects
[Reply]
Best22 08:46 AM 03-08-2019
1. Needs to improve his footwork. He’s not as efficient as he could be in his dropbacks. Mahomes realizes his footwork isn’t what it should be and has slowly improved it every year. Impressive

2. Obviously needs to get better at setting protections/audibling. This comes with experience but will take him to a next level. He’s not terrible at it I mean look at Phillip Rivers vs the blitzes

3. Get more experience. Make better decisions, don’t force passes just because it’s 3rd down (see Ravens interception and risky pass to Benjamin vs. Seahawks). Pretty vague, but experience is important

I don’t buy that “early game jitters” line. Where were they vs. the Colts? 3 straight scoring drives to open the game with excellent precision passing in the biggest Chiefs win in the history of Arrowhead.

As for throwing left, I think Mahomes had a higher rating throwing left than throwing right. Amazing talent. He’s dangerous running in either direction.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:50 AM 03-08-2019
"Early game jitters in prime time games" is how I should have said it, maybe.

Look, he threw for 5,000 yards and 50 TDs. Sure, work on technical issues, but let him do what he does in the biggest moments because that is where he excels. Don't flood his brain with everything he is NOT doing right, just cultivate what he's good at. If that means throwing off of one foot or throwing sidearm or whatever it may be, just keep doing you, Pat.
[Reply]
Best22 08:57 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
"Early game jitters in prime time games" is how I should have said it, maybe.

Look, he threw for 5,000 yards and 50 TDs. Sure, work on technical issues, but let him do what he does in the biggest moments because that is where he excels. Don't flood his brain with everything he is NOT doing right, just cultivate what he's good at. If that means throwing off of one foot or throwing sidearm or whatever it may be, just keep doing you, Pat.
The playoff game vs Indy was much bigger than all those “primetime “ games.

Playoffs>regular season
[Reply]
DRM08 09:21 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Anything folks want to see Mahomes improve on during this offseason? I'd like to see him work on his deep throws down the middle, his footing and patience when he steps into the pocket, and also I hope he continues to develop his left-hand throws. Having that weapon when he's flushed out to the left quickly would mean more extended plays from the left-hand side. He should work on throwing the ball lefty with proper technique and then slowly develop his range. Because I think DC's are gonna be drilling it into their players that they cannot allow him to run to his right.
He throws better across his body rolling left than any QB in the game today and maybe ever. Hell, at one point in college it seemed to me like he was more comfortable rolling left and throwing across body than staying in the pocket. If DC’s want to use this strategy, good luck to them.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:28 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He throwa better across his body rolling left than any QB in the game today and maybe ever. Hell, at one point in college it seemed to me like he was more comfortable rolling left and throwing across body than staying in the pocket. If DC’s want to use this strategy, good luck to them.
No kidding. That strike he threw to West while rolling left was amazing. Had numerous throws to Kelce that way as well
[Reply]
Bowser 10:42 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He throws better across his body rolling left than any QB in the game today and maybe ever. Hell, at one point in college it seemed to me like he was more comfortable rolling left and throwing across body than staying in the pocket. If DC’s want to use this strategy, good luck to them.
That throw to Kelce against the Broncos in Denver where he hit him between the 8 and 7 while throwing all the way back to the right while rolling left was just unbelievably ridiculous. Nearly indefensible.

At 6:20 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mtQwDiXfw
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:12 PM 03-08-2019
I cant believe I'm saying this...but... I'd like to see him take some check downs when they are open. Its OK to pick up the first down instead of go for the home run ball.
Yes, I know we are all sick of that and have waited forever for a guy that does NOT do that but sometimes its there and is the right call.
[Reply]
In58men 01:31 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I cant believe I'm saying this...but... I'd like to see him take some check downs when they are open. Its OK to pick up the first down instead of go for the home run ball.
Yes, I know we are all sick of that and have waited forever for a guy that does NOT do that but sometimes its there and is the right call.
Please log off and go back to sleep
[Reply]
Sorce 01:43 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That throw to Kelce against the Broncos in Denver where he hit him between the 8 and 7 while throwing all the way back to the right while rolling left was just unbelievably ridiculous. Nearly indefensible.

At 6:20 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mtQwDiXfw
Watching those highlights is a painful reminder how terrible our defense was. We were a Keenum overthrow from losing.
[Reply]
Page 1473 of 2693
« First < 47397313731423146314691470147114721473 147414751476147714831523157319732473 > Last »
Up