ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 1209
« First < 293536373839 4041424349891395391039 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 05:06 PM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Tonight I'm trying something new in the crock pot. Jar of corn & black bean relish, 3 skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes, can of cream of chicken soup, butter, cracked pepper. Let it all germinate in the crock pot for about 5 hours, till the chicken is fork tender, then stir in a couple spoonfuls of sour cream, serve in bowl with fresh hot biscuits. Kind of like a chicken/bean/corn chowder, should be yummy on a cold night.

That sounds good, I think I'm going to have to make chili after reading that.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:33 PM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Unless you know exactly what you're doing it's silly to calibrate your oven. There are WAY too many variables. If you notice things have gone crazy (undercooked, overcooked) then don't waste your time, call a pro or buy a new oven.

Leave your oven alone, it was built to measure temperature and make adjustments. It's an on/off system so wide temperatures are a given and always have been.

Here are at least three issues (leave it to the pros that built your oven):

1) Never try to calibrate an empty oven, you'll fuck it up.
2) What's the algorithm for cold junction compensation?
3) The oven is calibrated for its TC location, not some arbitrary location you choose.
4) Unless your oven was built before 1990, leave it alone.
5) Someone is trying to sell temperature measuring equipment and people bite.

Well, I used the terminology in the Thermoworks video, but more accurately, I was simply testing the accuracy of the thermostat. And what I learned was on average, it's a hair high. I'm not actually doing anything to the oven, and I already had the thermometer.
[Reply]
Squalor2 11:24 PM 11-21-2015
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
I'm making homemade 3 cheese Spaetzle with oven baked chicken breasts and grilled yellow squash tonight
mind sharing your spetzle recipe. i have a cowbell grater and it cuts a nice size but my potato mixture never firms and clouds the water.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:25 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
That sounds good, I think I'm going to have to make chili after reading that.
I ended up adding some chicken flavored rice, and that tightened everything up and made it double plus good.

I put the leftovers in a ziplock bag and froze it. Quick tasty meal for some night after work this winter.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:50 AM 11-22-2015
won the farmers market soup contest last year. extremely easy recipe, little to no work at all.
1. 3lbs of frozen chicken breast, thawed. put in bottom of slow cooker.
2. 1 (or 2 depending on desired hotness) pkg of taco seasoning.
3a. 2 cans of corn, juice semi drained. 2 cans of black beans, I rinsed these completely.
3b. layer the 4 cans. corn,beans,corn,beans.
4. cook overnight ( 6-8 hours ) on low heat.
5. fish out chicken, shred with 2 forks. mix gently with veggies.

6. win first place for best in show.

I asked my (at the time) 7 year old what we should name it. right during the playoff run, keep in mind. the boy said "Brandon Finnigan". so it stuck.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:54 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
won the farmers market soup contest last year. extremely easy recipe, little to no work at all.

1. 3lbs of frozen chicken breast, thawed. put in bottom of slow cooker.

2. 1 (or 2 depending on desired hotness) pkg of taco seasoning.

3a. 2 cans of corn, juice semi drained. 2 cans of black beans, I rinsed these completely.

3b. layer the 4 cans. corn,beans,corn,beans.

4. cook overnight ( 6-8 hours ) on low heat.

5. fish out chicken, shred with 2 forks. mix gently with veggies.

6. win first place for best in show.

I asked my (at the time) 7 year old what we should name it. right during the playoff run, keep in mind. the boy said "Brandon Finnigan". so it stuck.

The chicken boobs don't become super dry? That long in the cooker, I would think it would. It's not very forgiving.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:10 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
The chicken boobs don't become super dry? That long in the cooker, I would think it would. It's not very forgiving.
you would think that they'd be too dry. I've made this a few times since last year and don't recall them being too dry. I may have not drained the corn at all to be honest.

could the chicken have kept its moisture if it wasn't completely thawed out?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:13 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
you would think that they'd be too dry. I've made this a few times since last year and don't recall them being too dry. I may have not drained the corn at all to be honest.

could the chicken have kept its moisture if it wasn't completely thawed out?

Sure, it would slow down the cooking since starting temp would be lower.

Draining the corn won't matter; since boiling temp is 212, if the white meat gets up to 170, 180, it's going to be dry, even if it's sitting in a gallon of water.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:15 AM 11-22-2015
Also, shred chicken the easy way. :-)

http://youtu.be/utn4rqfogIE
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:52 AM 11-22-2015
Spent a snow day hopping around bars yesterday when this happened:

Strut Your Stuffing
deep fried, herb stuffing wrapped turkey sausage top with mushroom-sage gravy and a sidecar of cranberry-habanero dip.

It was essentially a turkey sausage, wrapped with a thin layer of stuffing, deep fried and topped with gravy. Wish I had a pic as it was similar to a Thanksgiving corndog except no stick and WAY better. Think I'm going to try and replicate it on the smoker with our stuffing and smoked turkey gravy.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:58 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Spent a snow day hopping around bars yesterday when this happened:

Strut Your Stuffing
deep fried, herb stuffing wrapped turkey sausage top with mushroom-sage gravy and a sidecar of cranberry-habanero dip.

It was essentially a turkey sausage, wrapped with a thin layer of stuffing, deep fried and topped with gravy. Wish I had a pic as it was similar to a Thanksgiving corndog except no stick and WAY better. Think I'm going to try and replicate it on the smoker with our stuffing and smoked turkey gravy.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:10 AM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Also, shred chicken the easy way. :-)

http://youtu.be/utn4rqfogIE
Great tip! Thanks.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:11 PM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Brace yourself FMB

Spoiler!
Son of a bitch...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:13 PM 11-22-2015
Dinner tonight was chicken piccata. It was a big hit, and this version will probably end up in the regular cook list.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:36 PM 11-22-2015
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Dinner tonight was chicken piccata. It was a big hit, and this version will probably end up in the regular cook list.
Oh, I love that dish. I made it twice a few months ago. Have to make it again.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 1209
« First < 293536373839 4041424349891395391039 > Last »
Up