ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 185
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What the drink looked like at the Speakeasy in Lee's Summit (the place is called "The W" in case any locals are interested). The Buffalo Trace version I had at "3rd Street Social" (sorry, no Pic) was great, but could not hold a candle to the Laphroaig version...

Man, I'm hooked the peaty Islay whiskies. I might need a 3rd career to afford this newest addiction...

It has the look of a place that serves a nice, stiff drink. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:02 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It has the look of a place that serves a nice, stiff drink. :-)
Yes.. But any Islay whiskey, because of the heavy peat flavor, is going to seem very stiff until it settles.

And just when I decided to go the round ice cube route, now I've experience these square cubes and their benefit. My wife is going to shoot me when I buy a square cube maker. But that's going to be easy as compared to when she sees the bottles of scotch that suddenly appear... :-)

But seriously, if your local to KC, call this place (the couple who took us said you need a reservation) and stop in for a great cocktail...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:18 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yes.. But any Islay whiskey, because of the heavy peat flavor, is going to seem very stiff until it settles.

And just when I decided to go the round ice cube route, now I've experience these square cubes and their benefit. My wife is going to shoot me when I buy a square cube maker. But that's going to be easy as compared to when she sees the bottles of scotch that suddenly appear... :-)

But seriously, if your local to KC, call this place (the couple who took us said you need a reservation) and stop in for a great cocktail...
I have a sphere ice cube thing and a large square one.... I haven't quite figured out the secret to them (I've read different things in terms of boiling, boiling twice, using filtered water, etc.). They last longer, but still seem to melt faster than those at the bar.

I've read you can freeze an entire cooler of ice and that slow method of freezing makes for clear ice.... a local bar does something similar and I'll see them chopping up huge blocks of ice behind the bar.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:50 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I have a sphere ice cube thing and a large square one.... I haven't quite figured out the secret to them (I've read different things in terms of boiling, boiling twice, using filtered water, etc.). They last longer, but still seem to melt faster than those at the bar.

I've read you can freeze an entire cooler of ice and that slow method of freezing makes for clear ice.... a local bar does something similar and I'll see them chopping up huge blocks of ice behind the bar.
I'd love to know the secret too. I was told to use distilled water and it still had clouds in it. But you're right, the cubes at these bars are clears and last forever. That said, with the slow melt it does take a while for the Old Fashion to settle. That's OK, it's not like you slam drinks like these.
[Reply]
scho63 09:58 AM 03-12-2022
I'm in the mood for scotch and cigars.

Think I'll go to Fox Cigar Bar
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:24 PM 03-16-2022
Bulleit bourbon in my AA :-) (American Airlines!!!!!) glass with a big square ice cube..
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:51 PM 03-16-2022
It's beautiful out enjoying Jameson on the porch. Didn't think I was a big fan of Jameson actually surprised its not bad
[Reply]
scho63 01:08 PM 04-05-2022
CALLING ALL BOURBON DRINKERS:

Anyone have this or drank this bourbon? Highly rated and seems to be not so harsh and lots of flavor.

I want to try bourbon again but my first experiences were are little harsh.

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 04-05-2022
Picked up a bottle of this as a joke the other day, it's actually not bad. As far as the joke, my youngest daughter is a "spirited" redhead with some Irish/Scottish ancestry, a love of cats, and a cool name.

[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 06:47 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's beautiful out enjoying Jameson on the porch. Didn't think I was a big fan of Jameson actually surprised its not bad

You're right. It's NOT bad. My go-to Irish is still Bushmills Irish Whiskey 'Black Bush' or their 'black label'. You can pay more, but why?

https://thewhiskyknights.com/bushmil...irish-whiskey/
[Reply]
Stryker 07:13 PM 04-05-2022
My go to...

[Reply]
lewdog 03:55 PM 04-09-2022
Just an easy drinking cider after the bourbon today.

[Reply]
Pablo 04:44 PM 04-15-2022
Horsefeather with what I had on hand. Not too bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 09:33 AM 04-17-2022
Was at OHSO in North Scottsdale yesterday afternoon.

Had a Lost Viking Nitro followed with a shot of the newer Jameson Stout Barrel Caskmates. I really liked it and will buy a bottle. A little sweeter and I could taste the beer profile.

I was waiting for Bearcat but he never showed. Must have just missed him. :-)
Attached: Presentation1.jpg (115.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:08 AM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Was at OHSO in North Scottsdale yesterday afternoon.

Had a Lost Viking Nitro followed with a shot of the newer Jameson Stout Barrel Caskmates. I really liked it and will by a bottle. A little sweeter and I could taste the beer profile.

I was waiting for Bearcat but he never showed. Must have just missed him. :-)
Oh shit, I thought that was today...

I've never tried that one. Their heavy stout right now is Te Quiero, a tequila barrel stout. Not a tequila drinker, but it's pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 185
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Up