ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Hall of Classics>I can't be what I'm not.
MeatPeeker 11:05 PM 01-18-2003
Some people are jocks. Some people are preps. Some people are sluts. Some people are popular. Some people are all of the above, or a combination of one or more.

Some people are nerds.

I am a nerd.

Nerds don't go to parties. Those other people do.

I'm not those other people. I don't do what they do.

After covering my basketball games (which put the evening at 7pm) I went to the library and got on the computer until it closed at 8. Then I went to a mexican restaurant and ate dinner. It was then 9 pm. I was led to believe the party was starting at 9:30 or 10 pm. I drove over to her house and parked in a nearby lot. I waited. I felt sick. I went to the university center, and looked in the mirror. I looked like a nerd. I went back to the parking lot, ended up circling the house five times and parking again each time.

The last attempt I actually got out of the car. Guys I was so scared my entire body was screaming for me to get back in the car where it was safe. I got in there and left, and tried not to turn my head to look at that apartment building and the people outside it as I passed it.

Two songs played in the car as I began that trip home. Joe Walsh's "Life's been good to me" and AC/DC's "Hell's Bell's." Those are two of my favorite songs, and they are never played on the radio.

Those were my mp3s, calling me home.

I had a good cry on the way home, but I'm here now, where I belong. With you guys, my geforce 4 and no one else.

To thine own self be true. :-)
Attached: nerdroom.jpg (85.6 KB) 
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:09 AM 01-19-2003
btw...gochiefs... if I knew you were skipping the party you could have joined me down in Deep Elum with a boatload of slutty Dallas girls ...
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:09 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by AustinChief
ok ok ok... I am in Dallas (or close enough)... I haven't read this entire thread... but I have seen ENOUGH... I am BY FAR NOT the coolest or most suave guy in the world... but I think it may be time that I take gochiefs under my wing...

If he is willing to take me up on it.. I will introduce him to TONS of slutty girls in DFW that can help him out... OR if he isn't ready for that... I can at least take him out ON THE TOWN and he can watch me act like a complete idiot... and see how easy it is to play the fool and not CARE...

I personally think it is FEAR that is keeping gochiefs from expanding his horizons... we all have been there... a little alcohol and some EXPERIENCE is all he needs...

so..here is the offer... if gochiefs is willing... I'll try to acclimate him to the shallow, fake breasted, money grubbing nightlife that is DALLAS...

--Kyle
amen brotha... (can I come too?) :-)
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:12 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KcMizzou

amen brotha... (can I come too?) :-)
sure thing! actually I just noticed you are from St. Joe... that is my hometown! ALSO teh hoemtown of Eminim and Walter Cronkite...where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended ...

--Kyle
(was never a big fan of the Cherry Mash though)
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:16 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :

sure thing! actually I just noticed you are from St. Joe... that is my hometown! ALSO teh hoemtown of Eminim and Walter Cronkite...where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended ...

--Kyle
(was never a big fan of the Cherry Mash though)
Lmao... sweet! Actually I just moved up here a few months ago.... (for a girl) didn't work out... go figure :-)

I love the town though... low rent... hell i'm high class up here :-)
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:18 AM 01-19-2003
gotta love Em too.. check the sig :-)
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:19 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :

Lmao... sweet! Actually I just moved up here a few months ago.... (for a girl) didn't work out... go figure :-)

I love the town though... low rent... hell i'm high class up here :-)
ouch.. I know the feeling...

I was actually born and raised there... what bars do you hang out? screw this... if you have time go to the chat room I'll give you the skinny on my favorite places...
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:21 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :

ouch.. I know the feeling...

I was actually born and raised there... what bars do you hang out? screw this... if you have time go to the chat room I'll give you the skinny on my favorite places...
ummm this is sad.... but i dunno how to go to the chat room. I'm kinda new I guess :-)
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:23 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :

ummm this is sad.... but i dunno how to go to the chat room. I'm kinda new I guess :-)
click on CHAT in the upper right corner...or just click here
[Reply]
Redcoats58 03:23 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :

up at the top of the screen is the chat click it
[Reply]
Rausch 03:44 AM 01-19-2003
Dude, you have no idea...

One of these days I'm going to find my photo album and give you a before(geek) and after comparison....

I had to escape uber-geek myself. I did it though. It really isn't that hard. And at one time I had a mullet.....THAT's some shit that's hard to live down....
[Reply]
Valiant 04:28 AM 01-19-2003
you need to do yourself a favor and come up here to kansas city so i can kick your ****ing ass...bejesus man, quit coping out...you are all excuses...

but,but,but,but....

how do you know this girl does not like star trek...for ****s sake, just try...dont make excuses...if she asks you where you were saturday night...tell i was talking to some guys on the chiefs board because i am to much of a ****ing wimp to try and have fun and get to know people on a civic level...

or you are just lieing your ass off about everything, and just want attention, which i think is more plausible...
[Reply]
theultimatekcchiefsfan 04:31 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Adam KC

Okay maybe not drunk. But I definitely think doing a few shots to get a good buzz going beforehand could be a good thing.

Nothing will help somebody get past social apprehension like a little alcohol.
I agree with Adam. I use this method myself. It definitely works

2 beers beforehand gets you loosened up. Good advice.
:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 05:24 AM 01-19-2003
I think he already knows what a lot of his problem is, and he scratched the surface in post #60 on this thread.
He said something to the effect of " One thing that has contributed to him being f*cked is that he used to be a Jehova Witness".
I'll apologize in advance if I offend any fellow planeteers with what I'm going to say.
What this means is that he has been taught, well, taught is putting it lightly,more like programed that he should not associate socially with anyone who is not a J.W. And, if at some time he did anything that went against the J.W.'s beliefs he would have been disassociated (correct term?) by all of the J.W.'s. Including his own family. Basically a person could be socially ostracized for what GC was trying to get the courage up to do tonight.
If GC was raised as a J.W. he's probably had few, if any, oppurtunities to be around regular Joes that party, drink, and chase tang on a regular basis. That could certainly make the idea of going to a party and picking up on some chick seem like a scary proposition. He'd be going into uncharted waters. And, on at least a subconscious level, feeling that it is just wrong to do that sort of thing would not make it any easier.
All the advice in the world about how to hit on the girl, how to act , what to do and what not to do isn't going to help. It boils down to his fear of the unknown. He's just gonna have to decide to do it.

Well ????
Just thrownig it out there. What do ya'all think?

:-)

Just realized it's 5:30 . I hope this makes sense after I get some sleep.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:41 AM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
Dude, you have no idea...

One of these days I'm going to find my photo album and give you a before(geek) and after comparison....

I had to escape uber-geek myself. I did it though. It really isn't that hard. And at one time I had a mullet.....THAT's some shit that's hard to live down....
If you are trying to escape the specter of bad hairdos, just be glad you weren't in high school or college during the 80's.

I had an ode to rockabilly, but I also had friends who paid tribute to A Flock of Seagulls.

The horror...the horror.....
[Reply]
Bootlegged 09:33 AM 01-19-2003
This is pathetic.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up