ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:54 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Leaving downtown is sure going to be fun on Royals game nights.
Downtown is a shit hole...to be fair everywhere in the US
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Enjoyed the suburbanite and boomer comments on FB yesterday... traffic and congestion nightmares, one way streets, cats and dogs living together, won't ever attend another game ever!!!

Hell, it took me an hour and a half to get out of WS game 7 in 2014 and at least an hour to get out of the 2021 AFCCG.... downtown won't be any worse than that.

The one hope though is managing the flow of people and vehicle traffic... Sprint Center events have been annoying in the past because they funnel everyone right in front of the parking garages where no one can leave due to all the foot traffic. Just a little bit of thought towards managing that and traffic lights and so forth would go a long way.
Nothing will ever top how people who live in KC are obsessed with parking and never leaving the suburbs.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:58 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Leaving downtown is sure going to be fun on Royals game nights.
It took me over an hr to get out of the parking lot at Kauffman stadium the last Royals game i went to. Truman is a mess on gamedays. It just dissipates quickly once you get on the highways.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:05 PM 02-14-2024
It's not like they tore down the original Gates BBQ to build the arena and P&L... what was there before, Temptations?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:06 PM 02-14-2024
It's not like they tore down the original Gates BBQ to build the arena and P&L... what was there before, Temptations?
But dude if you leave the northland and go downtown you'll die, I've literally heard this by the way.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:07 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Downtown is a shit hole...to be fair everywhere in the US
I have no idea what you're talking about unless by 'shithole' you mean corporate chain restaurants and bars in the P and L.

The business district part of downtown is your normal stuff.

This stadium going in south of I-70 will be destroying a very hip, happening arts/music/brewery/restaurant district full of life. Nothing shitty about it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:07 PM 02-14-2024
All the parade coverage has been right where the stadium will be.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:08 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I have no idea what you're talking about unless by 'shithole' you mean corporate chain restaurants and bars in the P and L.

The business district part of downtown is your normal stuff.

This stadium going in south of I-70 will be destroying a very hip, happening arts/music/brewery/restaurant district full of life. Nothing shitty about it.
We have that same neighborhood 1 block from Coors.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 02-14-2024

TEMPTATIONS IS SAFE! https://t.co/DhjOA9RvlT

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) February 13, 2024

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:16 PM 02-14-2024
There was nothing there north of I-70 then. I had no problem with the arena, other than the tax abatements and corporate chain restaurants and bars that have nothing to do with KC dominating everything and funnelling all of the money out of the city. It stands as a huge missed opportunity.

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goatfuck of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

This isn't progress, it's a grift.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 02-14-2024
There was nothing there north of I-70 then. I had no problem with the arena, other than the tax abatements and corporate chain restaurants and bars that have nothing to do with KC dominating everything and funnelling all of the money out of the city. It stands as a huge missed opportunity.

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goatfuck of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

This isn't progress, it's a grift.
Giving a billionaire, billions of tax money to build a stadium to turn profit off of is also a grift, in case you missed the entire building of stadiums is a grift.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:21 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cigar Box would hurt

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:22 PM 02-14-2024

I see the one block of Grand where there's Cigar Box, a Ramen place, Kobe Q, Prime Bar... am I missing anything?

Yeah, it would suck if they replaced The Belfry with some generic place, or a few other places... but not seeing much in the construction zone between Grand and Locust and 17th and to the north.

I'd love walking from Taps on Main or Oak and Steel to a game or having a beer after (and not being local, then walking to a hotel for the night)... huge, massive improvement over the K in that regard.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:27 PM 02-14-2024
The Record Bar, on the opposite side, The Brick. My good friends own The Pairing, as well.

It's important to realize as well that even if they don't tear your location down, you will be out of commission during building if you are on the edge, and after the stadium is complete, and you don't own the building the business is in, the rent will go through the roof and you'll simply be priced out to be replaced by a chain that can absorb the cost.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:29 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
When San Diego decided to build Petco Park in downtown people had the same concerns some of you are complaining about.

However, the stadium did wonders to revitalize an aged, ugly portion of downtown San Diego and that area has thrived since. We have public transportation (trolley) as well as a number of parking lots/structures that help alleviate the congestion issue. Also helps that there's multiple freeway entrances near by.
yep.

Anyone who's ever been afraid of a downtown park should visit Petco.

Easy in/easy out. unlimited food and drink options within walking distance.

It's perfect.

And c'mon man....."but I tailgate at baseball games....". Really?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up