ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:47 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
The Hunt family is worth 25 billion, he should be ashamed.
Lamar Jr raped a mentally disabled family member & several of them cornered the silver market. The family has a history of being not good people
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:02 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I overlaid, to scale, every downtown stadium in baseball on that proposed footprint to keep Oak St. open and none of them fit.

None of them.

Not even Oriole Park, which is basically built to avoid Camden Yards the same way this stadium would be built to avoid Oak St.

What that tells me is that the Royals are willing to say whatever it takes to get this vote to pass, and they'll let the architecture firm figure it out later.

What it also says is that the renderings you think you're voting on are not anywhere close to what will actually be built.
Yep.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:30 PM 03-28-2024
How about, effective as soon as voted yes, no more KC area blackouts and half price tickets for JACO residents? Since the Royals are so confident...
[Reply]
Katipan 02:56 PM 03-28-2024
I overlaid, to scale, every downtown stadium in baseball on that proposed footprint to keep Oak St. open and none of them fit.

None of them.

Not even Oriole Park, which is basically built to avoid Camden Yards the same way this stadium would be built to avoid Oak St.

What that tells me is that the Royals are willing to say whatever it takes to get this vote to pass, and they'll let the architecture firm figure it out later.

What it also says is that the renderings you think you're voting on are not anywhere close to what will actually be built.
Weirdest fucking lie ever.
[Reply]
Strongside 03:03 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Weirdest fucking lie ever.
The part about me overlaying the stadium, or them saying they'll keep Oak open?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:13 PM 03-28-2024
I assume the stadium being placed in the crossroads isn't far from P&L. The city pays about 15 mil a year from it's general fund to pay down the debt. I would assume a new stadium near P&L would generate millions a year don't know why they aren't telling people this
[Reply]
Katipan 03:19 PM 03-28-2024
The part about me overlaying the stadium, or them saying they'll keep Oak open?
The tweet was at 12:20 and you posted 10 minutes later.

It's weird because it's unnecessary for you.
You ok?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:30 PM 03-28-2024
LOL, this game makes me want to keep paying a tax to keep these clowns... :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 04:39 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
LOL, this game makes me want to keep paying a tax to keep these clowns... :-)
Dude, they were probably cactus league champs again. It's hard to come off of that high and bring the same intensity to the home opener.
[Reply]
ping2000 05:43 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Dude, they were probably cactus league champs again. It's hard to come off of that high and bring the same intensity to the home opener.
Seriously? God bless your optimistic attitude sir!!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:51 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yes, Salvy still swinging at those balls in the dirt in front of the plate makes his plea for us to vote yes, well, it all makes me realize that they are super serious about winning. And our bull pen, wow, those guys now send the fear of God into the opposing team. I know, I know, it's only one game and we're only one game behind first place...

But the commercial with Chiefs and Royals players saying they "need" us to vote yes seven year out just makes me laugh.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:54 PM 03-28-2024
Isn't Mahomes and Kelce speaking in those ads a salary cap violation?
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:45 PM 03-28-2024
Imagine if they focused on winning games instead of moving
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:50 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Imagine if they focused on winning games instead of moving
We're a small market... :-)
[Reply]
vonBobo 07:02 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I assume the stadium being placed in the crossroads isn't far from P&L. The city pays about 15 mil a year from it's general fund to pay down the debt. I would assume a new stadium near P&L would generate millions a year don't know why they aren't telling people this
It doesn't generate new money for the city, however it will draw people away from Westport, plaza, river market, or the neighborhood dive.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Up