ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 251 of 3903
« First < 151201241247248249250251 2522532542552613013517511251 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jerm 04:09 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think we're still in denial about how bad it'll get. I'll admit that even I have trouble believing that we'll get anywhere near the worst case scenarios, but there are certainly some troubling trends that this could get ugly.
All we need to do is look at Europe....hell even Washington state.

We’re in the infancy stages of it here. There’s no doubt it’s going to get way worse.

Too many people are still brushing it off and acting like it isn’t a big deal or it’s “just the flu” and until that changes, nothing will.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:10 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Also, the ****tard who gave me a thumbs down on my earlier post can go to hell
Don't post political bs in the lounge. That's what DC is for. No one cares to read political jabs in here.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:11 PM 03-14-2020
Also, the fucktard who gave me a thumbs down on my earlier post can go to hell
It was me. We have a DC thread for politics.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:11 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
There are a lot of conditions that qualify you for ppsv-23 before age 65. Cigarette smoking alone qualifies you.
Sweet! All these years of smoking are finally going to pay off!
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:11 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So I see cities and China were on total lockdown they've separated disinfected shit all over and Chinas death rate has dropped. Why can't we do that here? It seems as though we have no plan other than telling people to wash their hands.
I wouldn't trust China's numbers since they kept changing what constitutes death from Wuhan virus. When they barricaded people in they post signs saying: 'To leave is treason. If you leave we will break your legs, if you talk we will break your teeth.'
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 04:21 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
It was me. We have a DC thread for politics.
It's not politics if its stating fact. It's going to cost Americans a hundred thousand + lives. Forgive me for not obeying some bullshit etiquette
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:21 PM 03-14-2020
Also, the fucktard who gave me a thumbs down on my earlier post can go to hell
This thread is policing itself pretty well. We don't want to boot people from this one since it'll be on the front page for a while for obvious reasons, but if you post any other political bullshit, you'll be banned from this one.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:23 PM 03-14-2020

A police officer in his 40s — is in critical condition after testing positive for the new coronavirus. https://t.co/OdnRPc0xRp

— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) March 14, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:24 PM 03-14-2020
It's not politics if its stating fact.
Yeah, that's the tough part, since political administration obviously plays a part in this... I don't even disagree that it could be handled better from that aspect, but we also don't want this thread to be hijacked with political opinions and bullshit..... there's a thread in DC for that.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:28 PM 03-14-2020
I think we're still in denial about how bad it'll get. I'll admit that even I have trouble believing that we'll get anywhere near the worst case scenarios, but there are certainly some troubling trends that this could get ugly.
This isn’t even swine flu level of bad which affected more than just the elderly from a fatality stand point.

People need to chill out. This overreaction has the potential to do much more damage the virus itself if it doesn’t go unchecked.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:31 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
This isn’t even swine flu level of bad which affected more than just the elderly from a fatality stand point.

People need to chill out. This overreaction has the potential to do much more damage the virus itself if it doesn’t go unchecked.
True, but if it is actually worse than we're thinking and we sit on our hands it could end up doing more damage than necessary. Pick your poison.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:32 PM 03-14-2020
Testing is going to be an issue in Canada as well, my wife said she only have 5 kits left , she used one yesterday, used full hazmat style get up and tested patient in her car in parking lot( recommendation from health unit) my wife has about 2500 patients with many of them coming back from vacation this time of year no way she will be able to test everyone that needs, she says local lab is hoarding the the kits for hospital use.
[Reply]
Spott 04:32 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
In deference to the French, those are basically bodegas less than they are single-purpose tobacco retailers.

TIL the French smoke more than Americans do.
I went to France last summer and literally everyone there smokes. What’s worse is that they have no problem getting 6 inches from you while smoking, either.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:34 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
True, but if it is actually worse than we're thinking and we sit on our hands it could end up doing more damage than necessary. Pick your poison.
Yeah, that's the whole thing... historical data (at least what I've read on the internet) shows you have to act fast with limited information, and holding off one day on the tough decisions could lead to 40%+ more cases.

And if it turns out the world doesn't end, a lot of people won't attribute it to cancelling sports and what not.... so, it's lose-lose from that standpoint.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:35 PM 03-14-2020
It's not hindsight to say leadership all over should have been prepared once they saw what was going on in China as early as January.

National guard and FEMA should be dispatched to build pop up tents for testing and treating patients so hospitals dont get overwhelmed along with cancelling all these events.

The whole response has been very puzzling.
[Reply]
Page 251 of 3903
« First < 151201241247248249250251 2522532542552613013517511251 > Last »
Up