ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 3903
« First < 111161201207208209210211 2122132142152212613117111211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:36 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So far I’ve lost $5000 in my 401k. Damn.
Pfffttttt
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 12:37 PM 03-13-2020
All these cancellations and quarantines and yet I still have to go to work and be around filthy slobs who don't wash their hands after they shit. HORSESHIT
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:38 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pfffttttt
Looked this morning. Yeah, that's nothin
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:38 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Isn't that guy a rap performer? Maybe it's a conspiracy to weed out people who have bad taste in music.
He's the guy who was at the Sprint center the night we had the Chiefs championship parade, Mahomes and Kelce played beer pong with him backstage and went out into the audience, They were recognized immediately and the place went bonkers.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:39 PM 03-13-2020
This is about the only time I am glad my mom is not around any more. She would be freaking....even though she lived a half mile from anyone and barely went anywhere.
[Reply]
synthesis2 12:39 PM 03-13-2020
Setting aside the problem with the elderly/vulnerable population for a moment, I think it's got the potential to kill more, and that's something that's not really being discussed. Someone posted that article about the first guy to catch it, and it sounded like he almost died as a healthy 48 year old. So it made me realize that the current death rate is happening with medical intervention. Without it, the death rate would likely be notably higher and this would truly be a historic event.
Well if that’s true and 30/40 year old healthy people are dying then it’s another story. My understanding was 99.7% of under 60 healthy didn’t die and ended up fine with little to no symptoms . If this is incorrect and 2 plus percent of healthy younger people are dying then it’s a who new problem .
[Reply]
Fish 12:39 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
I get it but as an example my grandmother passed away and has had dementia for years. She wasn’t who she was . Just felt like visiting a body. Her passing was a blessing . Or my friends mom is just drugged up in a nursing home just drugged out of her mind . Many , many of these people don’t want to live that way and if given a choice would choose to move on to a much happier life than rotting inside room.
Not everyone fits your anecdotal story. My grandmother is 70 and has existing health issues. But she's 100% as far as mental capacity. She's very much still who she is/was. Now she's scared of dying, and I really fear for her. I think your outlook is selfish and shortsighted.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:41 PM 03-13-2020

I've no idea if this is fake or not. ��
Who cares, it is perfect. ����������#coronavirus#panicbuyingpic.twitter.com/vOoZxh117O

— ��James Neill ������������ #ThankEU (@jneill) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
synthesis2 12:41 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not everyone fits your anecdotal story. My grandmother is 70 and has existing health issues. But she's 100% as far as mental capacity. She's very much still who she is/was. Now she's scared of dying, and I really fear for her. I think your outlook is selfish and shortsighted.
Is she in a nursing home ?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:42 PM 03-13-2020
Are all of the governors talking to each other, or is the 250 person limit a CDC recommendation? Colorado just did the same thing with the same size limit.

It actually seems a bit large to me. A meeting of 100 people is still a pretty large group of people. So the consistency of the 250 person limit makes me think I missed some announcement at the federal level.
It seems completely arbitrary.

I work at the University of Miami and they have cancelled all meetings/events through at least the end of the month that have 50 or more participants.

This inconsistency and confusion is why there needs to be more science/medical based evidence communicated as to why all of these disruptions are necessary.

Tell us why specifically this pandemic is worse and needs more drastic action than the most recent pandemic, the Swine Flu ten years ago which killed 12,000+ Americans and 500,000+ worldwide.
[Reply]
Fish 12:42 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
Is she in a nursing home ?
She would be if she could afford it. Currently living with my uncle, who also has debilitating health issues.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 12:43 PM 03-13-2020
Setting aside the problem with the elderly/vulnerable population for a moment, I think it's got the potential to kill more, and that's something that's not really being discussed. Someone posted that article about the first guy to catch it, and it sounded like he almost died as a healthy 48 year old. So it made me realize that the current death rate is happening with medical intervention. Without it, the death rate would likely be notably higher and this would truly be a historic event.
This :-):-):-)

Finally the core of the matter is starting to sink in.
Mortality rate in Italy is up to about 10% with an almost equal distribution of deaths in the population over 50.
Which I would not consider neither "elderly nor "vulnerable"
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:43 PM 03-13-2020

While others are able to work from home,
retail workers are the last ones standing during this #panicbuying #Coronavirus pandemic.

Do you know if your store is taking the necessary measures to protect you and your community? pic.twitter.com/nbUGAX3n44

— United for Respect (@forrespect) March 13, 2020

hey, I have nothing else to do.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:47 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
This is about the only time I am glad my mom is not around any more. She would be freaking....even though she lived a half mile from anyone and barely went anywhere.
And mine, who's gone and was in the medical profession, would just be shaking her head and pouring another whiskey while talking about stupid people.
[Reply]
synthesis2 12:52 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
She would be if she could afford it. Currently living with my uncle, who also has debilitating health issues.
I’m sorry to hear that. I have had 15 plus family members in nursing homes thru my last 48 years and most of them were just waiting to die and it seemed as though the majority of people were just in vegetative state. Not all and your mom would be in the majority of people but if my mom was in a nursing home and was mentally good I would take her out for as much time as I would need to until it was gone or controlled . But a nursing home right now is just asking for death.

Again you are right many may be ok but being in nursing homes as much as I have and having a wife who is a nurse who is in them all the time the vast majority are just waiting to die anyway.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 3903
« First < 111161201207208209210211 2122132142152212613117111211 > Last »
Up