ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 3903
« First < 100150190196197198199200 2012022032042102503007001200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
The Franchise 07:55 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Did the same thing last night. Could buy all the soap I wanted. But toilet paper? Better know someone at corporate.

I was just going to end up getting a superior product in wet wipes if I couldn't find any TP or simply take a shower after a dump.
They were all stocked up with wet wipes. So I bought a bunch of those too.

Shit like this is why I hate people.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:57 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Presumptive positive in Springfield. The girl (20-something) had returned from Austria. She called ahead to a clinic, was greeted by an empty waiting room, immediately given a mask, tested, and taken home for quarantine. Test was sent off to CDC to confirm.

The hardest part of this whole thing, for me, is worrying about my kiddo. When I dropped him off at daycare this morning, they had implemented hand washing upon arrival. Makes me feel a little better, I guess. And my house is good on toilet paper. Did our usual stocking before all of this hit, so we're good for a bit. :-)
I’m guessing it’s a matter of time before all day cares and schools shut down.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:59 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They were all stocked up with wet wipes. So I bought a bunch of those too.

Shit like this is why I hate people.
I know it. We were fortunate in that our monthly Costco trip happened last week anyway and we happened to be organically low on TP so we bought one of the big cases. We’ve been out of town this week. Our house sitter better not be black market selling that shit out of our garage.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:59 AM 03-13-2020
I had my direct boss call me last night wanting me to put together a sales meeting for mid April and fly in 10 of my guys from around the country. I think this dude lives in a cave. I just told him, we will see what happens with the Virus first.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:00 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I've been using this: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

But it's been getting hit so hard that it is effectively down during peak hours. And then today it's missing the map data as well as any data for Italy or Iran.
Same here and it is indeed hit and miss.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:02 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Our schools just shut down this morning until April 1st.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:02 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Our schools just shut down this morning until April 1st.
The district next to us shutdown until further notice. I’ll be shocked if we don’t get a similar email today.
[Reply]
booger 08:06 AM 03-13-2020
You can’t call yourself a man until you’ve wiped your ass with Scotts blue shop towels. Just don’t flush the damn things. Throw them in the trash or a bucket then you can either put them out for the trash man or do the world a favor and just burn the poopy blue paper towels. Adapt and overcome you whiney shits!
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:06 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Is it overkill at this point if drastic measures were taken to the level of:

Suspend all air travel
All interstate travel is shut down
Require all non essential businesses to suspend business
Encourage everyone to stay at home
Ban all groupings of a certain amount of people
We passed overkill by Wednesday this week, what you are proposing is absurd.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:07 AM 03-13-2020
Trick is to get to the store early. Hyvee jeff city was stocked up from a truck over night, but it was going quick.

Talked a bit with one of the workers. Biggest worry is if/when warehouse runs out.

Was able to get some bleach. Didnt need tp.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:09 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by booger:
You can’t call yourself a man until you’ve wiped your ass with Scotts blue shop towels. Just don’t flush the damn things. Throw them in the trash or a bucket then you can either put them out for the trash man or do the world a favor and just burn the poopy blue paper towels. Adapt and overcome you whiney shits!
At least those are almost soft. You haven’t lived until you have torn pages out of a magazine to use. Those high gloss pages are the best.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:10 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Trick is to get to the store early. Hyvee jeff city was stocked up from a truck over night, but it was going quick.

Talked a bit with one of the workers. Biggest worry is if/when warehouse runs out.

Was able to get some bleach. Didnt need tp.
So bleach is the latest thing people are hoarding?
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:10 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
They shut down Disney

Dreams no longer come true
[Reply]
penguinz 08:12 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
So bleach is the latest thing people are hoarding?
At least with bleach you can purify drinking water if things were to get really bad. But I also doubt those buying it would know how to use it for this properly.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We passed overkill by Wednesday this week, what you are proposing is absurd.
The problem with waiting is by then it’s too late with these things and measures
[Reply]
Page 200 of 3903
« First < 100150190196197198199200 2012022032042102503007001200 > Last »
Up