ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
Rausch 09:06 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm out on 1 year rentals unless A) the player is significantly better than anyone currently on the roster or B) we're in a win-now mode. I don't see him that much better than the guys slated to be our starters and, with PMII and his current and new toys, I'd hope we'd be looking at a dynasty rather than a 1 year wonder.
We better be in a win now mode.

Do what it takes to make a fucking super bowl.

Should we be lucky enough to accomplish that after 40 years we can worry about the damned long term...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They need to get some CB cheap labor from somewhere. They're gonna run into financial issues if they can't hit on a few draft picks at CB.

The Fields guy becoming a nice option early would be beneficial.
Ward qualifies. They'll have him for 3 more years (final year as an RFA, IIRC) and if he can be a credible #2, that's enormous.

If Fields or Smith could step up as a legit NCB, that would also remove some pressure. But they'll be thiiiiiiiin even if their starters get to solid. That defensive backfield just really got bad in a hurry and they haven't thrown a lot of assets at it over the last few years.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ward qualifies. They'll have him for 3 more years (final year as an RFA, IIRC) and if he can be a credible #2, that's enormous.

If Fields or Smith could step up as a legit NCB, that would also remove some pressure. But they'll be thiiiiiiiin even if their starters get to solid. That defensive backfield just really got bad in a hurry and they haven't thrown a lot of assets at it over the last few years.
Yeah, seems like it hasn't worked out in the draft for anyone they really like there but they also haven't been aggressive.

I'm guessing that's the next spot that gets some reinforcements but there were some nuggets on twitter that they didn't really think CB was the issue last year anyway.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:09 AM 07-22-2019
I would send them Ragland and Sorensen - even up.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 07-22-2019
I'd rather look around at a CB that's more established or one that's currently under contract.

I kinda wonder if the Lions would be interested in selling off Darius Slay
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 07-22-2019
Yeah, seems like it hasn't worked out in the draft for anyone they really like there but they also haven't been aggressive.

I'm guessing that's the next spot that gets some reinforcements but there were some nuggets on twitter that they didn't really think CB was the issue last year anyway.
I didn't think CB was the problem either.

Safety play and LB's having no idea how to operate in space was killing them over the middle. Nelson played solid ball and Ward played quite well when he took over. Fuller, after a rockie first few weeks, was among the league leaders in productivity in coverage.

The CBs were mediocre, but they weren't nearly as god-awful as the rest of the D. A shitty run defense putting the D in horrid down/distance situations that allowed passing games to target our weak spots in LB coverage and safety was what really killed us. When the CBs have to bail early because the Safeties aren't of any use, it's easy to get underneath them for those 5-7 yard easy pitches and catches that keep the chains moving.

I think we've upgraded S immensely but the LBs man...{shudder}. That's still a rough group. Lee finally learning to use his athleticism as a coverage LB would sure be nice.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:12 AM 07-22-2019
Tremon Smith isn't even going to make the team....

It's a deal that could get done just because who knows if they plan to keep Chris Jones, and b the cap is going to rise.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:12 AM 07-22-2019
I'd rather look around at a CB that's more established or one that's currently under contract.

I kinda wonder if the Lions would be interested in selling off Darius Slay
He wants a huge pay increase...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:14 AM 07-22-2019
I'd stay with what we got. We need draft picks and can build our defense through the draft now. Don't want to live in cap hell the next 10 years.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:17 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'd stay with what we got. We need draft picks and can build our defense through the draft now. Don't want to live in cap hell the next 10 years.
Cap hell doesn't really exist, and a new CBA should sky rocket the cap.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He wants a huge pay increase...
He’s probably worth it thoigh

With Waynes you don’t really inown
[Reply]
tmax63 09:20 AM 07-22-2019
Everybody is forgetting about Reaser. He came close to making the team originally, has had a year of practice and coaching and game experience in the experimental league. That's the kind of training/experience that could help him become a better DB. If nothing else they will know sooner rather than later whether he's gonna make it or not.
[Reply]
oldman 09:21 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We better be in a win now mode.

Do what it takes to make a ****ing super bowl.

Should we be lucky enough to accomplish that after 40 years we can worry about the damned long term...
Let's not be the 2015 Royals. We have the tools to be a long-term force.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:21 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Everybody is forgetting about Reaser. He came close to making the team originally, has had a year of practice and coaching and game experience in the experimental league. That's the kind of training/experience that could help him become a better DB. If nothing else they will know sooner rather than later whether he's gonna make it or not.
You know he's 27 right.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:22 AM 07-22-2019
I doubt we make any improvements at corner. The problem long term though is we have almost nobody under contract at the position beyond this season. There's a very real possibility of our cornerbacks being even worse next year unless we make a significant investment at the position in the draft (where we'll have to depend on a rookie from day 1) or free agency (which will be expensive).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up