ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 08-15-2019
It does feel quite a bit quicker now.
[Reply]
carlos3652 04:04 PM 08-15-2019
Thanks AC!
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:43 PM 08-15-2019
wow, lot of computer nerds on this site :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:10 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Does this include the hookers and blow at the annual meetup?
If there is any leftover money sure! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:12 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
I am doing software upgrades so the "crashes" are more or less intentional.
Thank you for the help and I'm glad I bumped a 9 year old thread! :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:13 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hey, I just had an idea to boost the server AND get rid of the trolls:

Make this site a pay only of let's say $25 a YEAR.

Only dedicated Chiefs fans and a decent amount of money if a total of 1,000 people pay, that's $25,000 a year to buy a great setup and pay someone a small amount each month to maintain it.

What do you fellow members think? :-)
I’d pay that and not blink an eye, this place constitutes 100% of my social media consumption
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:19 PM 08-15-2019
If we go NVMe, we have to switch out the entire server... but it may be worth it. We actually would drop to 1TB from 2TB but we only use 500GB so that shouldn't be an issue. Memory would stay the same at 128GB.

Doing some upgrades to the software and tweaking some settings now. If that doesn't significantly help then a server with NVMe drives will be next step to look into further.
Appreciated sir.
[Reply]
limested 07:23 PM 08-15-2019
If we go NVMe, we have to switch out the entire server... but it may be worth it. We actually would drop to 1TB from 2TB but we only use 500GB so that shouldn't be an issue. Memory would stay the same at 128GB.

Doing some upgrades to the software and tweaking some settings now. If that doesn't significantly help then a server with NVMe drives will be next step to look into further.
Traditional server hosting is a waste of $. You can get much better performance and reliability from a small cluster on cloud VM’s or even better a kubernetes cluster.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:20 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
You and limested with your fancy pants, modern solutions. This is ChiefsPlanet!

We cut it off, then cauterize, then use 100 proof Old Crow Whisky as an analgesic, finalized by beratement towards the victim for missing an appendage and smelling funny until he finally passes out and dies.

You're not new here dirk! No excuse!
I'll volunteer to lose an appendage
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:22 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah thats not an option. Starting over on new software with no accounts or history being transferred over. Thats just not realistic. There will be a revitalization of Chiefs hub. :-)
Wouldn't that be basically like starting over with no accounts or history being transferred over?
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:24 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
Traditional server hosting is a waste of $. You can get much better performance and reliability from a small cluster on cloud VM’s or even better a kubernetes cluster.
lol
[Reply]
Dante84 08:54 PM 08-15-2019
Have you guys looked into CTN hosting for an expanded TS index? The bandwidth is shit but if you’d have told me you could crank out 6.4 ghc’s at a 3-to-1 ratio I’d have called you a goddamned liar back in 2017.

That said, the R-W mainframe is really where we could get the p-rating up to a faster clip. I historically have steered clear of anything with a semi static Vector rating below 12 on the Tinson Scale, but the newest model has me rethinking that a bit.

Anyways, that’s my two cents.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:58 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Have you guys looked into CTN hosting for an expanded TS index? The bandwidth is shit but if you’d have told me you could crank out 6.4 ghc’s at a 3-to-1 ratio I’d have called you a goddamned liar back in 2017.

That said, the R-W mainframe is really where we could get the p-rating up to a faster clip. I historically have steered clear of anything with a semi static Vector rating below 12 on the Tinson Scale, but the newest model has me rethinking that a bit.

Anyways, that’s my two cents.
Very helpful. Will consider.
[Reply]
007 09:41 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
Of course, I did. Why wouldn't I do that.

(I really didn't but I'm going to lie to you anyway) :-)
[Reply]
Groves 11:19 PM 08-15-2019
The CP - Tapatalk connection no worky since about late Wednesday. Just another data point.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up