ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which WR was the MOST disappointing in 2023?
Skyy Moore 76 35.68%
Kadarius Toney 133 62.44%
Justyn Ross 4 1.88%
Justin Watson 0 0%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Which WR Disappointed you Most in 2023?
el borracho 05:58 PM 03-28-2024
End result was great but everyone acknowledges that the 2023 Chiefs Wide Receivers were disappointing. The question is- who was the MOST disappointing?

Skyy Moore- 21 Receptions for 244 yards and 1 TD
Kadarius Toney- 27 Receptions for 169 yards and 1 TD
Justin Watson- 27 Receptions for 460 yards and 3 TD
Justyn Ross- 6 Receptions for 53 yards and 0 TD

I would have to say Toney was the most disappointing for me. He's the most talented of the above by a good margin and he looked great last year. I'm still not sure WTF happened? Team finished the season without him.

Justyn Ross was almost as disappointing for me. I realize he was an UDFA but dude had talent in college and his preseason was so strong I felt like dude was going to displace one of Watson or Moore.

I suppose I should be more disappointed in Moore but I just never saw any talent there. Dude is not big; he's not fast; doesn't stand out in any category. Honestly, I feel like Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle were both more talented than Moore so I just never had any expectations for the guy. Easily my least favorite in this position group.

Ok, I'm not really disappointed in Watson- he's exactly what you would expect for what we paid. Just thought I should include him in the poll because you know someone has got a bone to pick with the dude.

I'm not listing Rice because I assume no one has any real complaint about him at this time. Also, if you do- I don't really want to hear it.

So that's about it. Poll incoming...
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 06:39 AM 03-30-2024
Toney was the most disappointing to me. If we could just teach the guy to catch instead of playing 'Hot Potato'...
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:55 AM 03-30-2024
I voted Moore because it seemed he was doing everything right to become a reliable WR, he just didn't have the talent and I have to assume he got massive yips during games.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:56 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He’s plenty talented enough.

Can move well enough and is even physical enough for some good downfield blocking.

Hes not a world beater but there have been less talented athletes be productive in the league. His is very much between his ears.

Don't really want to drag Skyy anymore than I already have, so I'll keep this short.

I think a lot of his issues are between his ears, as you say. Back last offseason I said he wastes a lot of steps, which is basically in the same area. And when you don't have elite burst, like Tyreek for example, you can't waste steps vs. NFL DBs. They recover way too fast.

If he's ever going to be a decent WR, he's going to have to go to the Steve Largent/Edelman/Welker school of route-running for lesser athletes and parse down his route-running to the bone.

Otherwise, he's just going to be a good run-blocking WR.
[Reply]
trndobrd 01:30 PM 03-30-2024
I thought Toney could be a capable punt returner/gadget receiver. Never believed he would be a WR1 or 2 or could stay healthy long enough to matter in the regular passing game. Did not have high expectation for Ross or Watson.

I did expect Moore to take a couple steps forward. He did not. For a 2nd round pick, he has been disappointing. He just did not seem to be on the same page as Mahomes….then injured.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up