ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s revisit Chris Jones
RunKC 12:37 PM 10-16-2019
Okay, so we know this guy wants Frank Clark money. We wanted him to take Fletcher Cox money.

It’s a contract year from him and here is what he has done through about half the season:

2 sacks
8 tackles
2 TFL
7 QB hits

He’s hurt again, which I believe is his 3rd injury since being here. Fortunately none of them are major.

So, do you try to resign this guy for Fletcher Cox money ($18 million AAV-cap rise means more due to %) or do you trade him?

If you want to trade him, what do you expect his market to be if he only gets 4 sacks this season?
[Reply]
Flying High D 12:43 PM 10-16-2019
Maybe get a 2nd that was wasted on Frankie.
[Reply]
Toad 12:45 PM 10-16-2019
Jones is a good tag and trade candidate. If they don’t receive a min 1st round offer, then he plays on the tag for a year (or 2).
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:45 PM 10-16-2019
This team isn't in a position to trade away 1 of only 2 players that have done anything worth a shit on defense.

TALENT WINS GAMES.

Stop trying to trade away talent.

You'd think ya'll motherfuckers would learn this shit by now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:47 PM 10-16-2019
You wanted a defense with a bunch of JAGS all offseason and now you got it. And now you wanna trade away one of 2 guys that isn't a shitter?

:-)

Seriously, ya'll never fucking learn. Never.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:47 PM 10-16-2019
Can't tie up 2 huge deals on the defensive line...they fucked up by paying Clark over Jones, not that I would've given Jones what he wanted to begin with.

Tag and trade him in the offseason.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:49 PM 10-16-2019
No... Jones wants Aaron Donald money
[Reply]
RunKC 12:50 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You wanted a defense with a bunch of JAGS all offseason and now you got it. And now you wanna trade away one of 2 guys that isn't a shitter?

Seriously, ya'll never ****ing learn. Never.
Eric Berry
Justin Houston
Frank Clark

That’s who we paid big money to and look at what happened? There’s a whole other side to this.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:52 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Seriously, ya'll never fucking learn. Never.
I need 11 guys that can play. Not 4 stars and 7 Phillip Gaines.
[Reply]
493rd 12:52 PM 10-16-2019
Let’s just start another 5-yr plan with the defense.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:52 PM 10-16-2019
I’m paying the man. Too much talent!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:53 PM 10-16-2019
My hope is that if his production stays down that cooler heads will prevail and he’ll sign a more reasonable contract.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:53 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Eric Berry
Justin Houston
Frank Clark

That’s who we paid big money to and look at what happened? There’s a whole other side to this.
Eric Berry and Justin Houston gave you All-Pro seasons, and in their prime gave you a premier defense.

You can't just be gun shy about paying elite players.

Every time this argument comes up i say the same shit. And ya'll essentially argue that we should have a team full of JAGS.

Well here's your defense full of JAGS. Enjoy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:55 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I need 11 guys that can play. Not 4 stars and 7 Phillip Gaines.
It's apparently difficult to even find 2 guys that can play.

Gutting the talent is not the solution. It doesn't make you just happen to find guys.

You need guys you can depend on week by week. Chris Jones has basically given you a sack every goddamn game he's played in since the start of last season.

Then you build around those kind of guys.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:59 PM 10-16-2019
The Clark deal looks terrible, but one could argue that Spags is not using him to the best of his ability. This guy was good in Seattle. He and Jones on the line should have been a recipe for havoc, but somehow it hasnt been.

That said, Jones is the best Dt In the league not named Aaron Donald. You have to keep him.

If anyone goes, it has to be Spagnuolo for not getting production out of talented players.

Even Honey Badger has looked pretty unspectacular in Spags' scheme.

Its one of the main reasons our D is so frustrating, because even our best players look like shit.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up