ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why doesnt Reid play with his Sausage more often?
Deberg_1990 07:43 PM 10-15-2019
I mean, where has Anthony Sherman been?

Feels like he hasnt been as involved this season?

I feel like Reid is ignoring one of his favorite tools.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
-King- 11:21 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Sherman is a spark plug.

Watch the whole team's reaction after any play that has his number called. If you don't think the O line would enjoy punching the defense in the mouth so Sherman can do the same, carrying the ball or not, you don't understand the trenches. Let the big guys get out and screen for him, or a 3 yard gain up the gut, whatever lets them fire off and try to punish someone every now and then instead of playing pass rush defense and catching jabs to the grill all game long.
Watch the teams reaction from all of 27 snaps he's gotten this season? Seriously? He's caught the ball 1 time for 15 yards and ran the ball 1 other time for 2 yards. Spark plug. Sure.
[Reply]
-King- 11:24 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It’s an attitude, a power mindset that would serve this team well in spots every single game

Reid let’s himself get dragged from power football constantly, it’s always been that way and it’s indisputable

Meat and potatoes never goes out of style even with Mahomes

Some balance can only help him right now
You don't need to pull a playmaker out of the field and replace him with Sherman to power the ball or run the ball effectively. You just need the line to block how they're supposed to and for our RBs to be healthy and run well.
[Reply]
-King- 11:27 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah, well...Eagles fan told us we'd be saying that.

Our running game would be so much more effective if we ran behind Sherman. He's literally the best fullback in football today.

We could run so much play-action out of the power I, 22 personnel, run iso Power O...there's so much we could do with Sherman that would be devastating to opposing defenses...
Lol what are your top fullback rankings for you to know Sherman is literally the best?
[Reply]
Ribbs67 05:58 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Who are you taking off the field for Sherman? Hill? Kelce? Hardman? Robinson? Pringle?

The reality is Sherman doesn't really add much to our offense and he makes us more predictable/easier to cover. We'd be doing defenses a favor playing him more.
I would gladly take one of those guys off the field if it meant Sherman Giving Pat more time to survey the field with our remaining weapons. 1-2 more seconds would make a world of difference and to keep him from being hit.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:04 AM 10-16-2019
Who are you taking off the field for Sherman? Hill? Kelce? Hardman? Robinson? Pringle?

The reality is Sherman doesn't really add much to our offense and he makes us more predictable/easier to cover. We'd be doing defenses a favor playing him more.
Can he block on passing downs?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:21 AM 10-16-2019
Sherman only works when the rest of the offense is working.

Teams have to be scared shitless of everyone else first. That ain't our MO right now.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:29 AM 10-16-2019
I'm glad that this isn't what the title implies. Yet, I still clicked on it.

The last three teams have used the same plan on the Chiefs that the Patriots did. Ball control offense, tight (to the level of holding) coverage on the receivers. I missed the last quarter of the game however from what I know, the Chiefs tried to run it and went three and out. The Chiefs simply can't line up and pound the ball on offense and don't seem to be able to prevent other teams from doing that to them.

I'm confident Andy will fix this. He said so in his press conference. In fact, I think Andy Reid is Wile E. Coyote; he comes up with all sorts of clever plans that should work, yet seem to backfire in spectacular fashion.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:37 AM 10-16-2019
Because Andy has gone full stupid thinking Mahomes talent is enough to win. No game plan required.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:03 AM 10-16-2019
If Reid played with his sausage any more than now, the friction would probably cause it to fall off.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:06 AM 10-16-2019
Physical football is scary. Need more poorly run post routes.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:13 AM 10-16-2019
He caught 1 TD pass week 1 and wasn't heard from again.
That's not on him.

Your'e being irrational.
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That's not on him.

Your'e being irrational.
Yeah it's because he's like out 7th or 8th best play maker lol.
[Reply]
-King- 10:31 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Physical football is scary. Need more poorly run post routes.
What does Sherman have to do with physical football? :-) We just have to get the line healthy and blocking better and we can be as physical as we want without taking a playmaker off the field.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:33 AM 10-16-2019
What does Sherman have to do with physical football? :-) We just have to get the line healthy and blocking better and we can be as physical as we want without taking a playmaker off the field.
God forbid we don’t have all of our receivers on the field at once :-) I fucking hate that excuse. Football isn’t all about having your skill guys do skill things on EVERY play. Sometimes you need to get behind the full back and run out of power/heavy sets. But Andy Reid is allergic to anything that isn’t out of shotgun so I’m preaching to the choir.
[Reply]
-King- 11:38 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
God forbid we don’t have all of our receivers on the field at once :-) I fucking hate that excuse. Football isn’t all about having your skill guys do skill things on EVERY play. Sometimes you need to get behind the full back and run out of power/heavy sets. But Andy Reid is allergic to anything that isn’t out of shotgun so I’m preaching to the choir.
We were a great running team last year with Sherman only playing 98 snaps and a good number of those snaps were passing. So once again we don't need him to run the ball or power anything. We just need the line to get healthy and McCoy to get healthy.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up