ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>When should Spags be fired?
Titty Meat 07:06 PM 10-15-2019
Call it an overreaction if youd like. The he was brought in to improve the defense and it's only gotten worse. Even in our 4 wins the defense wasnt better than last year for the most part.

If Booker/Lindsay go for over 180 rushing like 4 other teams have against us, and Rodgers & Co. come in and out up 30 it's time to pull the plug on this clown.
[Reply]
ChiefsLV 09:11 AM 10-16-2019
Friday morning after coffee and shit break but before he has a chance to break down any film.
[Reply]
old_geezer 09:23 AM 10-16-2019
Haven't bothered to read the whole thread but the correct answer is "Yesterday". (I started to say 'How could we possibly do worse" but then I could see the next coach up saying "Here, hold my beer"). :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wait, what? I thought Veach was doing an alright job in your eyes? How is that possible when there's no talent on the defense?
Who said there was no talent? I didn’t say there was no talent.

I’m saying there’s not enough. You can’t rebuild an entire defense in one offseason. Most of you are too fucking impatient and stupid to understand that. In no way did I think think defense was going to go from worst to first or even close. I was just hoping for top 15-20.

And yea, going into the seasons I thought we had more talent than we do but when Clark is playing like an average player and Jones is out we damn sure don’t have enough talent. Sorry I couldn’t predict that happening.

I’ve already said that the jury is still out on Veach and he’s got to be better. What the fuck else do you want me to stay?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:40 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Well, they fired Bob Sutton and hired someone worse, so you tell me...
The fans wanted the Chiefs to hire someone worse?
[Reply]
Yehoodi 09:49 AM 10-16-2019
You guys just hired the guy. Maybe you should give him a year or two.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:55 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Yehoodi:
This.

Stupud thread
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Yehoodi:
We are on a historical downturn and are worse than last year. If you are that terrible at your job, you should be fired. It shows that you aren’t a good coach if there is no improvement form already historically bad even after bringing in your own guys.

Almost everywhere you work, you get 90 days. If you are this terrible at your job, you’re getting fired.

That’s life
[Reply]
TEX 10:17 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We are on a historical downturn and are worse than last year. If you are that terrible at your job, you should be fired. It shows that you aren’t a good coach if there is no improvement form already historically bad even after bringing in your own guys.

Almost everywhere you work, you get 90 days. If you are this terrible at your job, you’re getting fired.

That’s life
Exactly the case. Unfortunately, he's not going anywhere anytine soon.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 AM 10-16-2019
I’m really curious what defensive wizard you guys have in mind that would be doing so much better with this defense as is.
[Reply]
Yehoodi 10:26 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

That’s life
6 games, that is it?

I understand that the run defense is yielding yards, but that is what the opponent is doing, rushing the ball more than passing.

What are the passing yards?

What are the total yards?

Does it matter if a team gets 100 yards through the air or via the ground. 100 yards is 100 yards, imo.

To me it is the overall yards yielded that is important to gauge a DC.
[Reply]
TEX 10:27 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m really curious what defensive wizard you guys have in mind that would be doing so much better with this defense as is.
It really dorsn't matter. When there is failure this bad, you cut your losses sooner rather than later. Addition by subtraction and move on. It gets you closer to a fix. If you keep failure around, it delays the improvement process.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
It really dorsn't matter. When there is failure this bad, you cut your losses sooner rather than later. Addition by subtraction and move on. It gets you closer to a fix. If you keep failure around, it delays the improvement process.
This is pure ignorance.
[Reply]
TEX 10:40 AM 10-16-2019
This is pure ignorance.
Maybe so, but I said the same thing about GRob. How did that turn out? Were you on board with letting him prove how terrible he was year after year also? If so, my friend, that's also ignorance. I'll take my brand over yours any day.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Maybe so, but I said the same thing about GRob. How did that turn out? Were you on board with letting him prove how terrible he was year after year also? If so, my friend, that's also ignorance. I'll take my brand over yours any day.
Lol your “brand” would’ve had Reid getting fired long before we got Mahomes.

Your brand is why the Cleveland Browns have had a different coach almost every other year for over a decade.

Your brand will never work if it means firing a guy 6 game into a defensive rebuild because you have no patience.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 10-16-2019
Lol your “brand” would’ve had Reid getting fired long before we got Mahomes.

Your brand is why the Cleveland Browns have had a different coach almost every other year for over a decade.

Your brand will never work if it means firing a guy 6 game into a defensive rebuild because you have no patience.
Nah he gets the whole season and that includes hopefully getting a LB in here via trade along with another big run defending DL.

We hope this changes as the year goes on, but what if it doesn’t?

If this defense is still playing like this in January, you have to fire him.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up