ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>When should Spags be fired?
Titty Meat 07:06 PM 10-15-2019
Call it an overreaction if youd like. The he was brought in to improve the defense and it's only gotten worse. Even in our 4 wins the defense wasnt better than last year for the most part.

If Booker/Lindsay go for over 180 rushing like 4 other teams have against us, and Rodgers & Co. come in and out up 30 it's time to pull the plug on this clown.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:28 PM 10-15-2019
He'll get 3 years to greg robinson away our great offense.
[Reply]
-King- 11:38 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wait, what? I thought Veach was doing an alright job in your eyes? How is that possible when there's no talent on the defense?
:-)
[Reply]
Chargem 12:47 AM 10-16-2019
I've not read any of this thread, but surely you give him the whole year come what may, then reevaluate in the off season.

If you fired him in two weeks, who steps in mid-season to take over? Have any of the assistants given any impression that they could step up, do you think it would be better if Andy managed the defense as well? So you're left with hiring a guy who is currently sat on his sofa because he couldn't get a job in the off season when there were tons of openings?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:00 AM 10-16-2019
Just so everyone knows the obvious, Staylor is talking out of both sides of his mouth

Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m sure taking a year off was good for Spags.

He’s been in some shitty situations, had time to reflect/grow from an outside perspective, and now he’s coming to a team with more pass rushing talent than any he’s been apart of in a decade.

He’s also going to have a bunch of rookie and sophomore talent on that side of the ball to groom.

[Reply]
rtmike 03:31 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Spags was able to build his own defensive coaching staff and rebuild the defense in his vision.

This is 100% on Spags.
My understanding was House was getting the job?
Sure hope we don’t watch him go to a rival and kick major ass for 10 years or so, lol.

I think it’d take a flyover “SAVE OUR D” to get him out.
Anyone remember Juan Castillo, the offense line coach that Andy let be the DC, lol!

Imo, it’d take no less than 5 years. Reid is like LH in that he’s super faithful to his coaches.
Now, a promotion within the team like Childress but this time it’s someone for the D, now we’re talking end of this year season.
[Reply]
TEX 04:33 AM 10-16-2019
I'd fire Veach and Spags after the season. I think both suck at their jobs.
[Reply]
PRIEST 04:40 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'd fire Veach and Spags after the season. I think both suck at their jobs.
This ! So tired of this shit Spags is accountable for this 6 games = rest of season ! Fire his ass now promote house move on .
[Reply]
Jimmya 06:10 AM 10-16-2019
I didnt realize until last night that Spags had the WORST defense in NFL history with the Saints and Payton fired him after 1 year. Is this accurate?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:19 AM 10-16-2019
Coaches coach and player play. These are the best of the best football players in the world. This is their chosen profession. Blaming the coach for lack of effort or desire seems pointless. I have come to believe that the players just aren't smart enough to do what they are told. For example, I watch the Chiefs linebackers blitz and run into the backs of their own players yet when I watch the Texans bring four players against the Chiefs five offensive linemen, there are three Chiefs blocking one player allowing a free rusher to hit Mahomes and re-injure his ankle.

Stories of the players not wanting to tackle are troublesome. If this is true, then the coach has lost the team and things could unravel quickly.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:41 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And those defenses didn’t have talent.

I feel the same way about Sutton. He had to go because after yet another playoff collapse, but even he was good enough when we had talent.

Does Wade Phillips suck now? His defense in LA has been inconsistent at best.

How about Martindale? That Ravens D lost a lot of talent and they’ve gone from the best to one of the worst.

The Saints defense didn’t finally become good because Dennis Allen is a fucking wizard. They kept building and now they have pieces at every level. Same with the Jags, Bears, etc.

I agree with you, this is all about the talent level on the D and we don't have any or very little. The sad thing is we replaced at least half the starters and they are worse so we are probably fucked at least for this year.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:58 AM 10-16-2019
You can’t just disregard the injuries. We’ve seen legitimate defenses turn to shit overnight from the loss of a player or two. I think anyone can admit that the D was much better in the first few games than the last few. Particularly in Oakland. And it’s hard to blame the coordinator for Clark’s disappearing act.

That said, I was never that high on Spags. I do think he’s better than Sutton. What they should have done is hire Rex Ryan.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:57 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The only way Spags gets fired mid season is if he's giving a Cleveland Steamer to Tavia Hunt during the National Anthem on Christmas.
Boy that'd be a hell of a Christmas headline!
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:08 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
When should I toss this thread into RR?
NOW!
[Reply]
loochy 09:10 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
I didnt realize until last night that Spags had the WORST defense in NFL history with the Saints and Payton fired him after 1 year. Is this accurate?
It was mentioned many times when he got hired
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:11 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
When should I toss this thread into RR?
It should already be there. Any thread started by Billay should immediately go to the RR. Especially this one.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up