ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>When should Spags be fired?
Titty Meat 07:06 PM 10-15-2019
Call it an overreaction if youd like. The he was brought in to improve the defense and it's only gotten worse. Even in our 4 wins the defense wasnt better than last year for the most part.

If Booker/Lindsay go for over 180 rushing like 4 other teams have against us, and Rodgers & Co. come in and out up 30 it's time to pull the plug on this clown.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:42 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Stick to Huskers football takes.
I love all the know-it-alls on here who call someone out for what they call an overreaction, despite the fact that 90% of the time the "overreaction" was the correct take.
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 08:42 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
Cmon now! It's only been 50 years you impatient bastard! What's an extra 5 or 6 years to field a mid level defense?
So true. What amazes me is since our first and only Superbowl victory, the Steelers, Cowgirls, 49'ers, and Patriots have won 22 total Superbowls. That is what really hurts to think about.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:42 PM 10-15-2019
First off, I’m not sure it’s worse. Last year’s D would have gotten eaten up by the Texans too.

Second, I think it has a lot more to do with injuries and losing Ford and Houston than Spags.

Think about it. We gave away arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL and a guy who once had 22 sacks, and swapped in a dude who couldn’t get near the QB if his soul depended on it.

On top of that, the only guy on the roster who CAN rush the passer is out, along with the tackles leader. God help us.
[Reply]
FanXiche 08:47 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
First off, I’m not sure it’s worse. Last year’s D would have gotten eaten up by the Texans too.

Second, I think it has a lot more to do with injuries and losing Ford and Houston than Spags.

Think about it. We gave away arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL and a guy who once had 22 sacks, and swapped in a dude who couldn’t get near the QB if his soul depended on it.

On top of that, the only guy on the roster who CAN rush the passer is out, along with the tackles leader. God help us.
Your analysis is good, but you still need to support them.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:53 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
When should I toss this thread into RR?
When you do, toss the thread starter in there too.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:55 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Juan Castillo
Isn't he in Buffalo with McDermott?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:44 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
When you do, toss the thread starter in there too.
So if the defense continues to play at this level for a few more games it will almost assuredly finish towards the bottom in defense. Should a DC keep his job? I was told this defense improved from a talent prospective going into the season.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:48 PM 10-15-2019
For example IIRC the Rams were the 30th ranked defense during the year when Martz begged Bud Carson to come out of retirement. That team made the playoffs.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:00 PM 10-15-2019
When does Spags take over responsibility, RIGHT NOW! Im telling you, pick up the Chiefs D if you can. This will be an ass whooping if there ever was one. This team is about to rebound in a huge way. The run will be shut down and Flacco will be close to being benched.
Doubt this D all you want but you will be wrong. This is the week we turn it around. Take that to the bank!

GO CHIEFS!!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:03 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So if the defense continues to play at this level for a few more games it will almost assuredly finish towards the bottom in defense. Should a DC keep his job? I was told this defense improved from a talent prospective going into the season.
Watch a few snaps of Frank Clark and tell me the talent is improved.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:05 PM 10-15-2019
This will be Frank Clarks best game to date, book it!!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:09 PM 10-15-2019
They gave up a 1st and gave him a franchise record contract. If the defense is on par with the Redskins and Dolphins someone should be held responsible.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:17 PM 10-15-2019
They gave up a 1st and gave him a franchise record contract. If the defense is on par with the Redskins and Dolphins someone should be held responsible.
The fans should be held responsible. Everyone bitched so much about poor Ford being lined up a few inches offisides that they felt obligated to deal him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:21 PM 10-15-2019
The fans should be held responsible. Everyone bitched so much about poor Ford being lined up a few inches offisides that they felt obligated to deal him.
The fans dont get paid millions of dollars to make decisions and if this franchise listens to the fans then it really doesnt know what its doing.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:27 PM 10-15-2019
The fans dont get paid millions of dollars to make decisions and if this franchise listens to the fans then it really doesnt know what its doing.
Well, they fired Bob Sutton and hired someone worse, so you tell me...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up