ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>When should Spags be fired?
Titty Meat 07:06 PM 10-15-2019
Call it an overreaction if youd like. The he was brought in to improve the defense and it's only gotten worse. Even in our 4 wins the defense wasnt better than last year for the most part.

If Booker/Lindsay go for over 180 rushing like 4 other teams have against us, and Rodgers & Co. come in and out up 30 it's time to pull the plug on this clown.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:49 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wait, what? I thought Veach was doing an alright job in your eyes? How is that possible when there's no talent on the defense?
:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:50 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Spags gave up a record number of points in New Orlenas and his defenses mostly sucked in New York the 2nd go around. Hes Gunther Cunningham.
Look, I’m not going to defend Spags, because he was never my guy to begin with. My only point is that I really don’t know what to think of him at this point because the talent is still shitty and the injuries have been mounting up.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:52 PM 10-15-2019
At some point it's time to stop blaming the cosches/coordinators and blame the no talent pussies that actually play. I seriously doubt spaggy is telling the LBs to never meet the RB at the hole. I don't think he's saying make a tackle, but only if it's more than 5 yards past the LOS. The players suck. No scheme is gonna make the run D better.

Even though the run D is like ya know, sorta really bad, the D as a whole is better than last year. People are only bitching because the offense isn't historically good. If the offense was as good as last year, then we are 6-0. This defense is the 4th best in scoring % and 6th in turnover %. I don't know if it's on the O or ST, but they're not getting any help, because the average starting position of the opponent is ranked 21, so the opponent has the 11th best starting positionm so they are working with a short field and they're keeping the opponent from scoring a good amount of time.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:53 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Look, I’m not going to defend Spags, because he was never my guy to begin with. My only point is that I really don’t know what to think of him at this point because the talent is still shitty and the injuries have been mounting up.
Fair enough I'm just saying if you give up 180 on the ground to Denver which is possible and Green Bay comes in here and lights us up you're half way through the season and again approaching records set by Spags 6 years ago... it's a fair question.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:54 PM 10-15-2019
Spags gave up a record number of points in New Orlenas and his defenses mostly sucked in New York the 2nd go around. Hes Gunther Cunningham.
And those defenses didn’t have talent.

I feel the same way about Sutton. He had to go because after yet another playoff collapse, but even he was good enough when we had talent.

Does Wade Phillips suck now? His defense in LA has been inconsistent at best.

How about Martindale? That Ravens D lost a lot of talent and they’ve gone from the best to one of the worst.

The Saints defense didn’t finally become good because Dennis Allen is a fucking wizard. They kept building and now they have pieces at every level. Same with the Jags, Bears, etc.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:03 PM 10-15-2019
The offense hasn’t been doing the defense any favors. I still think they look better than last season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:10 PM 10-15-2019
Last year the defense gave up an average of something like 27 points/game. This year so far they're giving up about 20. They are better. In spite of the injuries.
[Reply]
notorious 08:13 PM 10-15-2019
Spags was successful in NY because the head coach was a tough, no-bullshit asshole.

Coughlin forced a Probowl running back retire young because he was so hard.

Good luck getting Reid to kick a defensive player in the ass.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:15 PM 10-15-2019
I like how all of this is Veach’s fault but there was video of him saying that he asked Spags for a list of players and that included Clark.

Every guy we picked up this offseason are guys Spags said he wanted.

When is he gonna take some responsibility for this shit?
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:15 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Last year the defense gave up an average of something like 27 points/game. This year so far they're giving up about 20. They are better. In spite of the injuries.
Their problem is that they can’t get off the field. I don’t have the stats in front of me, but I got to believe we are the worst D in the league at posting 3 n outs.
[Reply]
loochy 08:17 PM 10-15-2019
Did you see how long it took to get rid of Sutton? It's going to be a long time. Get used to him.
[Reply]
notorious 08:26 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Did you see how long it took to get rid of Sutton? It's going to be a long time. Get used to him.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:31 PM 10-15-2019
Dude fuck you. The next time you give a football take will be the first time. Although to be fair you seemed to make it sound like Spags fixed the defense after the Raiders game.

Stick to shitty Royals baseball and injecting steroids.
See the thread I made on getting Shady more carries.

An actual logical thing that can happen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:32 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Their problem is that they can’t get off the field. I don’t have the stats in front of me, but I got to believe we are the worst D in the league at posting 3 n outs.
I get it. But points allowed ultimately is what decides whether we win or lose. Last year by week 6, the Chiefs allowed 172 pts.

This year we've allowed 144. And at least four of those TDs were during garbage time. Two of them were absolute fluke jobs during the Ravens game.

Look, all I'm saying is that the defense isn't as bad as some think. It's far from a finished product. But parts of it are better than last year.

So while the Chiefs aren't sacking the opposing QB as often, they aren't allowing 35 and 40 points either. The run D is bad, but the passing D is better.

And that's in spite of the offense giving the other team some great field position. And also several key injuries.

Now, without a doubt our DTs and MLBs have been bad. But insert some new players, like a Zach Brown, Michael Pennel, or a Justin Ellis, and maybe we see some improvement there. And then maybe we get off the field more consistently.

Remember, we aren't trying to put together a top-5 defense this year. Just something around 15th. Right now, we're around 19th. Maybe the Chiefs/Spags/Daly/House can figure something out.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:37 PM 10-15-2019
Spags was able to build his own defensive coaching staff and rebuild the defense in his vision.

This is 100% on Spags.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up