ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlovsky implores NFL owners to fix officiating 'epidemic'
iDeaL 09:06 AM 10-15-2019

Edit: In case you can't see the embedded video: https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27849969

He's right, you know...
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:40 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
It's bad enough when they make blatantly wrong calls. But then they go to review and still fuck it up.

They hired the motherfucker that blew the whistle on a sack fumble and claimed "forward progress" as one of their damn rules experts.

They don't want to get it right.
what i dont get is, if they didnt really see it, they shouldnt call it. Dont assume something, if you didnt clearly see it, dont call it.

I remember this great under seige 2 quote, only tthing good in that movie lol., "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups".
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:42 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I would rather be a rules expert in a booth than a ref on the field. When I can second guess anyone.

The whole thing is a crock.
And I swear that it seems like the "rules expert" comes to a different conclusion than the guys on the field more than half the time. That's not even counting when the "rules expert" is Jeff Triplette who just randomly says stuff because he's incompetent.
[Reply]
Beerthirty 05:03 PM 10-15-2019
Full time refs
No replay
No Offensive holding at all. What I mean is no holding in tight is ok. No holding at all from Offensive linemen
Yes that gets the QB hit so run the ball more.
Know what a catch is because I sure don't know anymore.
I love the NFL because I grew up on it. I think it is a really bad product right now but I can never quit watching it but if this keeps up kids will not watch it.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:12 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
More penalties, more breaks for advertising, more talk about the NFL during the week.

Why would they want to fix this?
I haven't watched a moment of football since the badly officiated game Sunday. That used to be unheard of for me, but now it happens two or three times per year. Bad officiating is a big turnoff for me. I guess I'm not the only one.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:40 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I haven't watched a moment of football since the badly officiated game Sunday. That used to be unheard of for me, but now it happens two or three times per year. Bad officiating is a big turnoff for me. I guess I'm not the only one.
Same here I still can't get over the raping Kelce took and only HE got called for a penalty. We have the MVP and I feel like it's just stupid for me to watch thinking we have chance at winning anything.

I really don't want to turn this into that other thread but I'm having a hard time even wanting to watch our game much less any others.
[Reply]
lmccluer 12:44 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Pretty soon they'll have a "smart ball" with a tracker in it that tells exactly how far the ball went on scrum carries and in-out of bounds reaches and OOB punts etc. Chain gang will be on the street looking for jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
lmccluer 12:46 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Pretty soon they'll have a "smart ball" with a tracker in it that tells exactly how far the ball went on scrum carries and in-out of bounds reaches and OOB punts etc. Chain gang will be on the street looking for jobs.

The link up above says they already have RFID transmitters in balls to show location, etc. All it says are they are there, not how much they use it and for what it doesn’t say.

[Reply]
lmccluer 12:48 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I think I saw a stat or heard a stat in the beginning stages of the Houston game, where the Chiefs had ran 9 plays or something, and already had 5 penalties. Something ridiculous like that.

You are current, it was beyond ridiculous. And Houston was called as well.

[Reply]
Nzoner 02:38 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The automatic first downs are the crucial component that allows fixing games to be so easy.

The chosen team is struggling? Just call a ticky tack defensive holding penalty and BOOM. Automatic first down. Chosen team back on track.
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
100% truth right there. And if a DPI has the potential of being a 99 yard penalty because it's a spot foul, then OPI should be some equally dramatic. Perhaps 25 yards (or the 1 yard line if they inside the 24), or an automatic 4th down. And, while we're making things fair, a pushoff is OPI and a hold by the D in the secondary is the standard for holding, including when the O-line is holding the D.

I don't care if it results in low scoring games, make this shit fair.

Oh, I forgot, if QBs can do hard counts, that's fine, but the D should be allowed to play the same game and simulate the snaps. After all, the offence is supposed to know the snap count.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, that's the problem. Defensive holding is really subjective and easy to call unless it's against Kelce, and it often awards the offensive team (usually the Patriots, but sometimes the Packers) with a free drive. A free drive is worth a lot.

Take away the automatic first down and it would help a fair bit.
I've said it numerous times in other threads,go to a site like scores and odds on Sunday morning and write down the Vegas odds(point spread and total points) then click on expand details and check the betting percentages(money lines,spreads,totals).

Then keep up with as many games as possible or watch the highlight shows etc. and compare how some of these atrocious calls are affecting certain games outcomes.

Bottom line,gambling is at the heart of this whole mess and if you think that's going to change you're blind.In fact it's growing by the day as states all over are legalizing sports gambling.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:51 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
what i dont get is, if they didnt really see it, they shouldnt call it. Dont assume something, if you didnt clearly see it, dont call it.

I remember this great under seige 2 quote, only tthing good in that movie lol., "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups".
Under Siege 2 is a great movie, fuck you!
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:03 AM 10-16-2019
Maybe an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for any player lobbying for calls would help. Cut out all the politicking on the field.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers...230556255.html

Originally Posted by :
Green Bay left tackle David Bakhtiari says he complained during the game to umpire Jeff Rice Detroit about defensive end Trey Flowers’ use of his hands.

“I went over to the ref,” Bakhtiari said in the postgame locker room, per Packers News. “I said, ‘Hey, are we not calling hands to the face again? Because the past three plays, I’ve been staring at the sky.’ And he’s like, you know, he’s not looking at my side, but I at least made him aware.”

After Bakhtiari says he complained, Flowers was flagged for a pair of controversial illegal-hands-to-the-face penalties that had a significant impact on the outcome of the game that the Packers won, 23-22.

[Reply]
Coogs 04:26 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I think I saw a stat or heard a stat in the beginning stages of the Houston game, where the Chiefs had ran 9 plays or something, and already had 5 penalties. Something ridiculous like that.
That was actually one heck of a drive. It's not often you have one possession and your QB has 116 yards passing. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:06 AM 10-16-2019
I think simply changing the 5 yard automatic first down penalties would solve a huge portion of the complaints. Whether defensive holding or hands to the face, giving an automatic first down on third and long for those penalties is completely out of balance with the infraction.

There is no reason to assume if the penalty didn’t occur that the offense would make the play so giving them the automatic first down is over the top. And because those penalties are often subjective in their severity and impact on the actual play, but the flag definitely impacts the game often way beyond the penalty, it leaves a lot of room for questioning the flag and anger from fans.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:32 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I've said it numerous times in other threads,go to a site like scores and odds on Sunday morning and write down the Vegas odds(point spread and total points) then click on expand details and check the betting percentages(money lines,spreads,totals).

Then keep up with as many games as possible or watch the highlight shows etc. and compare how some of these atrocious calls are affecting certain games outcomes.

Bottom line,gambling is at the heart of this whole mess and if you think that's going to change you're blind.In fact it's growing by the day as states all over are legalizing sports gambling.
While that really suggests a huge conspiracy, at this point the fan base may need to go there in order for the truth (whatever it is) to come out and explain why the officiating has apparently gotten so bad and biased.

And, honestly, with the "fucked" (by seeming ridiculous calls) owner staying publicly silent, is sure makes them appear to not care (to their fans). And, with players and coaches barfing-up the party line after each fucking, it sure seems like they don't care enough. I get the players toeing the line, they'll be fined then possibly out of work (if they're not a Manning or Brady), but the owners should have nothing to fear, so their silence is a lot more suspect.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:38 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Maybe an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for any player lobbying for calls would help. Cut out all the politicking on the field.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers...230556255.html
I don't think that's a bad idea. Until it happens I sure wish our players would be a lot more animated about it (to the Manning and Brady levels), and make sure it gets put on the boob-tube for the world to see. And I'm NOT talking about QBs and WRs, I'm talking D-linemen getting very animated when they're held and it's not called. Not in the official's face (that's a no-no), but from a distance of 10-12 feet, let them, and the cameras see the held D-linemen tug their jersey and then a "WTH" body gesture.

After all, this isn't a sport, it's entertainment, right? Well, that's what the NFL claims...

Whatever it takes to drive the conversation about poor officiating is good by me until such a rule is put in place.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up