ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 24
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:54 AM 10-15-2019

Nnadi does a good job dropping the knee here on the double. Kpassagnon does a good job crashing down for the run stuff. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/yxhTXlR4NR

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 15, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 AM 10-15-2019

Juan Thornhill here on the jet sweep. Just closing it down on a Sunday like it isn’t a big deal. His speed is insane. Tough open field tackle too. He is special. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/NhsQQL3lBh

Thornhill looks solid, so that's 1 I guess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Texans hit us with these kinds of plays all day to exploit the LB's. Won't be surprised to see a ton more of this moving forward from other teams.
I take only a minor exception to this.

They aren't exploiting the LBs - they're exploiting Steve Spagnuolo. I mean FFS, you can't ask your LBs to go running with WRs and dropping off to TEs with regularity. Look at that first play - Wilson has NO chance at all. None. That's a free 7 yards every time and there's literally not a thing Wilson can do about it.

And it seems like we simply never reacted to it.

Because Spags hasn't demonstrated that he's a very good DC in about a decade. So many people kept coming up with excuses as to why his units were bad over the last several years but nobody ever gave an explanation as to why I should believe they'd have ever been good with him in charge.

At least with Clark you can look at the last couple of seasons where he looked far better and say "hey, he's hurt; has to be hurt..." and excuse the poor season. But Spags is about 3-1 in bad units vs. good units over the last several years and at some point the excuses are the trend. So don't tell me why he sucked - explain to me why he COULD be good.

Nobody ever did that. They just kept saying "Sutton's scheme was too complicated and Spags is simple!!!!" because 'Sutton's complicated scheme' was the narrative pushed by players that sucked at their jobs. Or they just went with "well anyone is better than Bob..."

Folks, Spags may not be. And that possibility was very real from the start.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:56 AM 10-15-2019

Tyreek Hill’s presence helps make this play. His lightning quick feet and releas force cushion for both he and Hardman. Easy first down to convert with that amount of cushion. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/DbvGBkfdrE

Pretty obvious that Tyreek needs to get back to playing every down so this offense can be normal.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

They aren't exploiting the LBs - they're exploiting Steve Spagnuolo. I mean FFS, you can't ask your LBs to go running with WRs and dropping off to TEs with regularity. Look at that first play - Wilson has NO chance at all. None. That's a free 7 yards every time and there's literally not a thing Wilson can do about it.

Because Spags hasn't demonstrated that he's a very good DC in about a decade. So many people kept coming up with excuses as to why his units were bad over the last several years but nobody ever gave an explanation as to why I should believe they'd have ever been good with him in charge.

At least with Clark you can look at the last couple of seasons where he looked far better and say "hey, he's hurt; has to be hurt..." and excuse the poor season. But Spags is about 3-1 in bad units vs. good units over the last several years and at some point the excuses are the trend. So don't tell me why he sucked - explain to me why he COULD be good.

Nobody ever did that. They just kept saying "Sutton's scheme was too complicated and Spags is simple!!!!" because 'Sutton's complicated scheme' was the narrative pushed by players that sucked at their jobs. Or they just went with "well anyone is better than Bob..."

Nah you're right, on several of those the guys are in no win situations. They're asking for plays that I'm not sure All Pros can make from that position and if they can it would require you to have 3 supreme athletes that are elite caliber players...we have nothing close to that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:02 AM 10-15-2019

Exactly this.

Watching these clips today and aside from gap issues, i see a defense that's constantly in a position to lose. I was thinking to myself that we're ALREADY having schematic issues with Spags.

A guy that, as i argued all goddamn offseason, has fielded his fair share of rank 30+ defenses in his time.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:02 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Even on Clarks fumble play, we have 2 LB's in the same gap....
Yeah, that's a big gain if he doesn't fumble the ball.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:03 AM 10-15-2019
Wilson and Niemann again

I’ll let you guys speculate on this TD. All I can tell you is Mathieu had to honor the receiver outside first so there’s your first clue. I’ll let you take it from there. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/2265ehUzzr

[Reply]
scho63 11:04 AM 10-15-2019
I'm a diehard football fan and have been loyal to the Chiefs since 1970. I have ZERO need to try and breakdown plays like a coach, any desire to get into the minutiae of 2-gap or 3-gap or cheerleaders gap, or wonder why the OL tackle moved his ankle to the outside instead of the inside.

Once I get to that point, football will no longer be a fun activity to watch and be much more like a fucking job. I already got one fulltime and one part-time so I want to enjoy the game for what it is.

You guys have fun with this shit and go get 'em. Good for you......
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:07 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Wilson and Niemann again

Wilson is a career backup who dorks around here were trying to pass as an "upgrade", and Neiman is an UDFA, and Hitchens is Shawn Barber II.

This is essentially the worst LB group we've seen since Mike Maslowski was a thing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:08 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm a diehard football fan and have been loyal to the Chiefs since 1970. I have ZERO need to try and breakdown plays like a coach, any desire to get into the minutiae of 2-gap or 3-gap or cheerleaders gap, or wonder why the OL tackle moved his ankle to the outside instead of the inside.

Once I get to that point, football will no longer be a fun activity to watch and be much more like a fucking job. I already got one fulltime and one part-time so I want to enjoy the game for what it is.

ok
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:09 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Wilson and Niemann again

Niemann isn't the problem there.

Wilson, Thornhill and Clark are.

Clark's slow off the ball and way too easy to wall off so the edge fails almost immediately. Wilson is too slow to diagnose and get into the gap to blow up Fells on the pull and Thornhill, who sure as shit seems to have some sort of responsibility with Fells, doesn't flow with him as he's pulling (which should've telegraphed that play pretty easily) and is dancing behind the LOS instead of reading and running to the spot. You can see him watching Fells and why that doesn't get him flowing instead of dancing behind the B gap is just beyond me.

Niemann did his job closing off the backside A gap. Clark, Wilson and Thornhill needed to get the job done there and all 3 of them failed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Something something "once I get to the point of paying for blowjobs, they will no longer be a fun activity for me" something something.

You do you, boo...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:15 AM 10-15-2019
Something something "once I get to the point of paying for blowjobs, they will no longer be a fun activity for me" something something.

You do you, boo...
These are the same guys that will come back and argue with you in the offseason that Spags is a good hire and that Wilson is an upgrade.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:19 AM 10-15-2019
KPass needs more playing time

Kpassagnon does a good job on the double. Niemann comes up and forces the LG to bail, so Kpassagnon gets a one on one to make the tackle. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/xIWcDIKYu2

[Reply]
Page 5 of 24
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up