ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will play 15 regular season games
BWillie 05:30 PM 08-16-2019
Sammy Watkins will play 15 regular season games. I will put my money where my mouth is. $50, straight up with anyone who wants the bet. I win, you pay me $50. You win, I pay you $50. Tired of everybody dogging my boy Sammy and mocking him for his weird twitter cult quotes.

Sure, he may end up being in some strange Heavens Gate cult someday, but he can play football. And he seems to give it all he has.

Keep ****ing doubting the S-WAT.

*games that he is suspended do not count against me
*games that Chiefs sit him for rest because they are 16 and ****ing 0 or something do not count against me

He will not get injured, or at least enough to miss more than one regular season game. He seemed to be pretty durable in college, he's just been unlucky. Unlucky I say.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:30 PM 10-07-2019
This is where "Yinz" needed to clarify your rules. Now everyone missing out on a free 50 bucks. He'll go down again soon anyways so I'd eat the loss and get clarification.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:49 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
This is where "Yinz" needed to clarify your rules. Now everyone missing out on a free 50 bucks. He'll go down again soon anyways so I'd eat the loss and get clarification.
From an outsider perspective, if he misses another game he has missed "more than one game," because he sat out well over 3/4 of a game

I would also say that he misses half of another game because of injury, he has also cumulatively missed "more than one game". This interpretation is a little looser though
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
playing two snaps does not constitute playing a game
Except that it does.

If the dude had a roster bonus for each game played, he'd get his roster bonus. It is what it is.

If you wanted a bet based on percentage of snaps taken, then you should've made that bet. Otherwise, this one goes down as a 'game played' in the books, bucko.

But c'mon - everyone knows you just welch on all your bets anyway.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Except that it does.

If the dude had a roster bonus for each game played, he'd get his roster bonus. It is what it is.

If you wanted a bet based on percentage of snaps taken, then you should've made that bet. Otherwise, this one goes down as a 'game played' in the books, bucko.

But c'mon - everyone knows you just welch on all your bets anyway.
It constitutes a start.

Playing two snaps and then exiting does not constitute playing a game. As far as the spirit of the bet is concerned, this is a notch in my column.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 10-07-2019
It constitutes a start.

Playing two snaps and then exiting does not constitute playing a game. As far as the spirit of the bet is concerned, this is a notch in my column.
Pretty sure Vegas doesn't grant do-overs for the 'spirit of the bet'....

If you're gonna be a bookie, rules are rules. There's not a stat keeper around that wouldn't call this a 'game played'.

Besides, I don't think anyone took you up on it anyway, nor does anyone actually expect you to honor your bets.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 03:03 PM 10-07-2019
It constitutes a start.

(I still can't post links! Check Pro Football Reference, google search "Sammy Watkins Stats, check your stat record site of choice if you don't like Pro Football Reference for some reason)

Under Games and Games Started, he has a 5 in each column. If the bet were with me, I'd say that's a game played. Had he not done a single snap, then sure, you'd have a point and I'd agree with you, but he played at least 1 snap in the game. That's a game played in any record book and a game played as far as the bet, at least in my opinion.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:06 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
he played yesterday though
He did. By definition he played in the game.

It is a little disappointing Clay is already trying to figure out a way for it not to count.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:06 PM 10-07-2019
Wrong, the bet was made official with BWillie before the season.

And second, I honor all bets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:07 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He did. By definition he played in the game.
Nice try bud.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:08 PM 10-07-2019
"He will not get injured, or at least enough to miss more than one regular season game"

If he misses next week entirely, I think he has missed "more than one game "
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 10-07-2019
Plus, we all know Watkins left the Detroit game early and missed more than two snaps.

[Reply]
BWillie 03:12 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
"He will not get injured, or at least enough to miss more than one regular season game"

If he misses next week entirely, I think he has missed "more than one game "
Our bet is for 14.

If you look on his espn player card it says GP 5 for Sammy.

It IS a game played. He has not missed a game yet in accordance to our bet.

Very disappointing there is even a dispute.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Our bet is for 14.

If you look on his espn player card it says GP 5 for Sammy.

It IS a game played. He has not missed a game yet in accordance to our bet.

Very disappointing there is even a dispute.
You're just going to have to deal with the fact that between missing 99% of this game 1% of the Lions game, it equals one full game missed.

Them's the breaks, kid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 10-07-2019
Wrong, the bet was made official with BWillie before the season.

And second, I honor all bets.
"Except for the ones where I decided to change the definition of completely unambiguous terms such as 'games played'...."

Eh, this goes under the same umbrella as the fanduel debacle. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Everyone knows who they're dealing with here. Making a bet with Clay and expecting it to go smoothly is no different than allowing Hootie to have a say in the outcome of pooled funds and expecting it to not go poorly.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:19 PM 10-07-2019
I really hope there continues to be ambiguity here, but I'm starting to think Clay will have this wrapped up by week 8 if not sooner.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up