ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will play 15 regular season games
BWillie 05:30 PM 08-16-2019
Sammy Watkins will play 15 regular season games. I will put my money where my mouth is. $50, straight up with anyone who wants the bet. I win, you pay me $50. You win, I pay you $50. Tired of everybody dogging my boy Sammy and mocking him for his weird twitter cult quotes.

Sure, he may end up being in some strange Heavens Gate cult someday, but he can play football. And he seems to give it all he has.

Keep ****ing doubting the S-WAT.

*games that he is suspended do not count against me
*games that Chiefs sit him for rest because they are 16 and ****ing 0 or something do not count against me

He will not get injured, or at least enough to miss more than one regular season game. He seemed to be pretty durable in college, he's just been unlucky. Unlucky I say.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:20 PM 10-07-2019
It would be disingenuous to say a receiver who left a game after two snaps played that game.

Completely so.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:22 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
playing two snaps does not constitute playing a game
You could be onto something... Most youth leagues require 6-8 plays per half to constitute the parent's kid having "played", so depending on how you count, he could be 10-14 plays short of that definition. And the :-) played like Pop Warner, so those rules might apply.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:23 PM 10-07-2019
It would be disingenuous to say a receiver who left a game after two snaps played that game.

Completely so.
Yes, the ambulance chaser's interpretation of "played in the game", vs "played the game".
[Reply]
SupDock 03:26 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Our bet is for 14.

If you look on his espn player card it says GP 5 for Sammy.

It IS a game played. He has not missed a game yet in accordance to our bet.

Very disappointing there is even a dispute.
In my opinion, your language was vague.
"Watkins will play 15 games"
"He will not miss more than one"
"Our bet is for 14"

These things don't mean the same thing.
[Reply]
Jerok 03:27 PM 10-07-2019
I'm convinced Sammy knew he wasn't going to play, but wanted to get an official start because 3 years down the line no one will remember he played 1 snap and left the game.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 03:29 PM 10-07-2019

Completely so.
Did he get paid? Yes.

Did he get a game started and game played added to his stats? Yes.

Was he on the field, in pads, active during the game? Yes.

That's playing in a game, and it's totally ingenuous to say so. There was no prior agreement regarding missing X% of snaps = a game not played. I have no skin in the game, I'm just saying.
[Reply]
kcclone 03:36 PM 10-07-2019
No dog in this fight.... I would not count him as playing in this game considering he was questionable coming in and only played a couple of snaps.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:42 PM 10-07-2019
Counts as a game. It's bush-league to try and say otherwise.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:45 PM 10-07-2019
He took the field and played in the game. This isn't hard. You see him on the sideline wearing sweats at the coin toss then you mark that one down.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:48 PM 10-07-2019
I think that it's disengenious to count this as a missed game, but just as disingenuous to treat this as equal to a game he played in its entirety. That why I believe that if he misses a game in its entirety after this, he has satisfied the stipulation of missing "more than one game" , because he will have at that point missed an entire game (one game) + more.

Granted I'm the type of asshole that doesn't take being "technically correct" as an insult.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:50 PM 10-07-2019
This counts as a game played.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
He took the field and played in the game. This isn't hard. You see him on the sideline wearing sweats at the coin toss then you mark that one down.
If you and I ever took a single snap in an NFL game, you can bet your ass we'd refer to ourselves as NFL players.

If you played even a single snap, it's a game played. I just don't see where the room for argument is here.

And besides - it's elementary. It's Sammy !@#$ing Watkins we're talking about here. He's missing 3 complete games before all is said and done.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:28 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Counts as a game. It's bush-league to try and say otherwise.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:40 PM 10-07-2019
It's sad that this team sucks so much that we have to argue over the legal definition of a motherfucker playing two snaps. Only at "Andy's Buffet of Sadness" does this talk happen every year in relation to a supposed super star.

But I guess that's what you get with a players coach instead of a coach that plays to win the game.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:50 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's sad that this team sucks so much that we have to argue over the legal definition of a motherfucker playing two snaps. Only at "Andy's Buffet of Sadness" does this talk happen every year in relation to a supposed super star.

But I guess that's what you get with a players coach instead of a coach that plays to win the game.
Chiefs are 4-1, second best record in the AFC, with three wins on the road. GloryDayz: “This team sucks!”

Fucking clown.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up