« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:02 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read reviews and from what I'm reading it seems "Joker" may have a slow burn decent into madness. How would you compare the tone of this move to Kubrick's "The Shining"?

The Shining is one of my top 3 movies of all time. I'm just wondering how you would compare the tone "Joker" uses to tell its story parallels to "The Shining".

Going to see it on Thursday so no spoilers please.
It’s more Scorsese than Kubrick. Specifically ‘Taxi Driver’ and ‘King of Comedy’
[Reply]
Sorry 04:28 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read reviews and from what I'm reading it seems "Joker" may have a slow burn decent into madness. How would you compare the tone of this move to Kubrick's "The Shining"?

The Shining is one of my top 3 movies of all time. I'm just wondering how you would compare the tone "Joker" uses to tell its story parallels to "The Shining".

Going to see it on Thursday so no spoilers please.
Let me put it this way, if you enjoy The Shining type of a film, you will fall in love with Phoenix method acting. I would be shocked if Phoenix doesn't have to talk to a therapist after this role to ease his mind from what he did on screen, just incredible getting into the zone and truly becoming a madman.
[Reply]
Sorry 04:29 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s more Scorsese than Kubrick. Specifically ‘Taxi Driver’ and ‘King of Comedy’
Which the director studied under Scorsese which is why the vibe is so mobish and perfectly fits that era of batman. What a fuckin beautiful choice by DC.
[Reply]
In58men 07:50 PM 10-05-2019
Just watched it and WOW!!!

Joaquin Phoenix did a tremendous job, definitely going to see it again. It was dark and brutal, but excellent.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:53 PM 10-05-2019
What About Bob meets Falling Down.

I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Passepartout 07:54 PM 10-05-2019
It is going to gross up to $90M from what I heard on the IMDB site there of news.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 10:47 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Passepartout:
It is going to gross up to $90M from what I heard on the IMDB site there of news.
With an estimated budget of $55M.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:12 AM 10-06-2019
I wonder if DCEU retcons Leto's iteration which includes a different actor playing the character
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:52 AM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I wonder if DCEU retcons Leto's iteration which includes a different actor playing the character
according to Phoenix himself, this was a one off movie. He had no interest in signing up for a trilogy or another movie as the Joker. Didn’t matter what % or the gross or artistic control he has, it has no interest for him.

Also DC said this movie doesn’t effect the DC universe timeline. Events are a stand alone in their own universe.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:58 AM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
according to Phoenix himself, this was a one off movie. He had no interest in signing up for a trilogy or another movie as the Joker. Didn’t matter what % or the gross or artistic control he has, it has no interest for him.

Also DC said this movie doesn’t effect the DC universe timeline. Events are a stand alone in their own universe.
I know, I'm engaging the opinion that Leto will be replaced and the new actor will have a different backstory
[Reply]
eDave 01:04 AM 10-06-2019
What a fukturd Leto turned out to be.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:56 AM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I'd be willing to bet a Downey Jr. type of contract (% of profits not actual $$$) would change his mind...
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:08 AM 10-06-2019
The extreme prep for the role, including a 50lb weight cut, makes me hope this is a one off for him.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:36 AM 10-06-2019
It needs to be a standalone moment in time. I'd hate for it to be trilogized. It was so good that the 'batman moments' seemed completely unnecessary and tacked on.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 08:02 AM 10-06-2019
Hey can those that saw this please offer some help here.

Chiefs play tonight of course and my boys want to go see this.
My oldest is home from college and is 20 so of course hes fine.
My question is for my youngest.. hes 14.

Yes we know this is not Batman and Robin.

My question is with all the warnings out there I want to know is this fairly typical slash and blood stuff or way over the top?
Anything this side of lets say SAW is ok.

I'd rather not have my yongest see Joker rape someone then saw her head off..

Bottom line are all the warnings simply for .. do not bring your 9 yr old if they think this is POW BAMM..

And both my kids are smart I'm not worried about the mental/disturbing part.

Thx guys the internet reviews and forums are Vague on this.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up