Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
DeepPurple 06:37 PM 10-15-2019
I saw Joker today, I laughed a lot more than I thought I would at certain parts. With all the people in clown face mimicking his rebellious attitude I got the impression of V for Vendetta.

I thought a better ending to tie into Batman would of been, when he was getting up on the hood of the police car and the crowd of people in clown face began to cheer, the next scene was the words "20 Years Later".

Then the next scene is the bank robbery opening of Dark Knight (End of Movie).

The story beginnings could of tied in more to Dark Knight. Let's say he had to apply for a job as a clown rather than being already employed, and he had a beard. They told him, to lose the beard. When he shaved, he had the scars on the side of his mouth that Heath Ledger had, and that's why he used the big red makeup to cover the scars. They did say his mother's boyfriend abused him as a child. I'm always thinking of ways to improve scripts or dialogue when I watch a movie.

[Reply]
-King- 06:42 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by FanXiche:
Do you think that was their main purpose?
To tell a story about the joker? Yes.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:44 PM 10-15-2019
Is there a DC comics origin story for the Joker? Cuz usually when the movie veers from the heritage of the character the "true fans" go berserk.

I liked the film.

Actually saw it by myself after dropping my kids at a birthday party and had a few hours to kill.

Definitely felt sort of suspended in time while watching it. (maybe because I was stuck in the front row in recliner seats)

I really enjoyed it. Can definitely see how people are concerned it might trigger people though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:49 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So I didnt enjoy the movie. Its not a movie that is enjoyable.
Looks like many others have a different opinion. Joker has made $557 million so far.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:18 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Looks like many others have a different opinion. Joker has made $557 million so far.

Dollars doesn't mean it's a good movie. I always prefer to go by audience scores which in this case are crazy good as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:42 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Dollars doesn't mean it's a good movie. I always prefer to go by audience scores which in this case are crazy good as well.
people have voted with their money. Half a billion $’s says a lot of people think it’s a good movie and told others it was a good movie and then they went.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:28 PM 10-16-2019
people have voted with their money. Half a billion $’s says a lot of people think it’s a good movie and told others it was a good movie and then they went.
The Last Jedi made a lot of money and was shit.
[Reply]
Sorry 04:26 PM 10-17-2019
Stars is a much bigger franchise with Disney marketing power.. it’s expwxtes to make money. Joker is one do the greatest films of this decade (before we start a new one)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:40 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The Last Jedi made a lot of money and was shit.
a opinion on a movie is subjective. That’s okay, it’s an opinion, everyone has one. But, my point is that a lot of people think it’s a good movie. 1/2 Billion at the box office = lots of people like the movie.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:14 PM 10-18-2019
a opinion on a movie is subjective. That’s okay, it’s an opinion, everyone has one. But, my point is that a lot of people think it’s a good movie. 1/2 Billion at the box office = lots of people like the movie.
I agree that it is wildly popular just disagreeing on using money over audience reviews.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:25 PM 10-22-2019
Saw this on Saturday night and really want to see it again. Excellent work by Phillips and Phoenix.

As someone pointed out earlier, it should wake some people up. Sadly, in this day and age it probably wont.
[Reply]
JD10367 07:57 PM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Stars is a much bigger franchise with Disney marketing power.. it’s expwxtes to make money. Joker is one do the greatest films of this decade (before we start a new one)
wut
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:21 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
wut

Originally Posted by Sorry:
Trans - Making a lot at the box office is a better indication of the quality of Joker. Star Wars is a long-running franchise that makes money just for existing even though many of the individual films have sucked ass. And Disney owns it now and marketed the shit out of it, raising its box office. Joker is a hit because it's one of the best films of the 2010s.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:15 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Trans - Making a lot at the box office is a better indication of the quality of Joker. Star Wars is a long-running franchise that makes money just for existing even though many of the individual films have sucked ass. And Disney owns it now and marketed the shit out of it, raising its box office. Joker is a hit because it's one of the best films of the 2010s.
Yeah, DC isn't exactly know for good marketing. In reality its the opposite, they suck at it.

This is a world wide mega hit because of word of mouth, not marketing.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:20 AM 10-25-2019
Since popularity doesn't really mean it's a great film as far as the theatrical aspects. My favorite last big blockbuster was two years ago, The Shape of Water. It had mystery, intrigue, suspense, espionage, mayhem, sci-fi at it's best. Great acting from the mute played by Sally Hawkins and her opposite, the evil Michael Shannon. I always use IMDB as a base for whether to see a movie at the theater, wait to rent, watch on HBO, or don't bother. I found 7.0 or higher score is required to at least go to the theater.

The Shape of Water had 324,000 votes and a rating of 7.3 out of 10. Joker has 374,000 votes and a rating of 8.9. I very seldom see ratings in the 8's, to give you an idea, Forest Gump was 8.8 and The Godfather 9.2.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456...ref_=hm_cht_t1
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up