ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 68
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:47 PM 01-30-2011
And Superman is....

Henry Cavill
Originally Posted by :
"Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Henry Cavill has won the coveted role of Superman, the iconic superhero.

The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, who stated, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Cavill recently wrapped production on “The Cold Light of Day” and stars in the upcoming “Immortals,” opening this fall.

Targeted for release in December 2012, the new Superman movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company."

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:16 PM 01-30-2011
The Dark Knight>Batman Begins>...................................The Rugrats In Paris>Watchmen
[Reply]
Frankie 02:17 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
And Superman is....

Henry Cavill
:-)

Englishman to defend truth, Justis and the AMERICAN WAY.
[Reply]
Frankie 02:19 PM 01-30-2011
Well, Cavill is now officially NOT the next 007.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:28 PM 01-30-2011
I sure hope its better than the last snoozer, that one simply had no pop or sizzle. It felt more like a big money made for tv movie, than a big screen blockbuster.

My big beef with superhero flicks right now though, is the new Batman... Catwoman? reeeaaalllyyy? are you kidding me? Nolan is FLAT OUT F**KING THIS ONE UP! he's totally robbing it of what made it cool in the first place... that it took the subject matter seriously, not treating it like camp.

Hell, why not bring in Jar-Jar Binks & maybe give Batman some clearly labeled 'BAT SHARK REPELLANT' on his utility belt?

What a joke.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:51 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by scott free:
My big beef with superhero flicks right now though, is the new Batman... Catwoman? reeeaaalllyyy? are you kidding me? Nolan is FLAT OUT F**KING THIS ONE UP! he's totally robbing it of what made it cool in the first place... that it took the subject matter seriously, not treating it like camp.

Hell, why not bring in Jar-Jar Binks & maybe give Batman some clearly labeled 'BAT SHARK REPELLANT' on his utility belt
Uh, wha?
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 04:30 PM 01-30-2011
He has the look of Superman. I'm not familiar with the actor though. I just hope Zack Snyder doesn't X-men Superman, ie-make it cheesy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:30 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Uh, wha?
Yeah, how does "BAT SHARK REPELLANT" tie in with Jar-Jar Binks?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:55 PM 01-30-2011

Looks like he could pass as Tom Welling's cousin.
[Reply]
Frankie 08:04 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder:
He has the look of Superman. I'm not familiar with the actor though.
He ended up 2nd to Daniel Craig as EON's choice for the new James Bond.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:18 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
:-)

Englishman to defend truth, Justis and the AMERICAN WAY.
Well, if a complete dork can play Darth Vader, how bad can this be?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Dark Knight>Batman Begins>...................................The Rugrats In Paris>Watchmen
Watchmen>>Batman Begins>..........................Dark Knight>>>>>>your stupid ass
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:41 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
He ended up 2nd to Daniel Craig as EON's choice for the new James Bond.
I think he was originally up to play Superman in SR but when Singer took over, he went for Brandon Routh, saying Cavill was too young, or something along those lines.
[Reply]
bowener 10:19 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by scott free:
I sure hope its better than the last snoozer, that one simply had no pop or sizzle. It felt more like a big money made for tv movie, than a big screen blockbuster.

Hell, why not bring in Jar-Jar Binks & maybe give Batman some clearly labeled 'BAT SHARK REPELLANT' on his utility belt?

What a joke.
Ok...?

The fucking movie hasn't even been made and you are already complaining that it is bad. Douche.
[Reply]
bowener 10:21 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
Watchmen>>Batman Begins>..........................Dark Knight>>>>>>your stupid ass
Watchmen is not better, unless you are referring to the original comic series... then yes, it is better than most comics ever written.

The movie... no.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 68
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up