ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 42
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
Predarat 06:04 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No she didn’t. Jesus Christ.

How about you blame Hopper for having no ****ing situational experience. Dude is the Chief of Police but he can’t tell when the Terminator enters a room that he’s in? Twice?
Also Murray, if he had known the code to begin with they would have yet even more time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:37 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No she didn’t. Jesus Christ.

How about you blame Hopper for having no ****ing situational experience. Dude is the Chief of Police but he can’t tell when the Terminator enters a room that he’s in? Twice?
Relax, it's a joke
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:38 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Predarat:
Also Murray, if he had known the code to begin with they would have yet even more time.
Yeah that seems like something you double check.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:44 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm kind of confused about Steve's whole character.

I mean he was the bait and switch bully-to-hero character. What I don't understand is why did him acting like a decent person mean he had to start being such a socially awkward goofball.

It doesn't really make sense. I mean you can STILL be socially successful without being an asshole. I don't really get how he suddenly became such a goof.
Because he was taken out of his comfort zone where he was cool for being who he was. He realized the artifice of his high school glory days and has had to adapt to not being able to get anyone he wants, which has drained his confidence. He was always awkward in his own ways (look at how he flirts with Nancy while they're studying for her Chem exam in S1), and most of his dickish moves, even in S1, were an act. You can tell he doesn't feel right about defacing the marquee, but does it anyway because he cares too much about what his friends think of him.

He was just as good of a person in S2, and still had confidence even when being heroic, but it was cracking thanks to the arrival of Billy. Listen to how he talks to Dustin when they're on the train tracks.

Now he's trying to reconcile the lack of panache his name carries, because once you're out of high school, the only people who care about what you were in high school are the ones who peaked in high school.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by Predarat:
Was there something like that in one of the Lethal Weapon films? I need to watch them again anyways but I thought the criminals used that against Murtaugh/Riggs in one of them.
No. It's what Tony (Karl's brother) says to John McClaine when he puts the gun behind his ear after McClain pulled the fire alarm and then Tony gave away his position by firing his MP5 around a corner where he though McClain was, then running to a circular saw that had been started to draw him in.

The closest to what you're referring to happened when Riggs was making the Christmas tree bust when one of the goons (not Anthony Keidis' dad) said, "This badge ain't real, and you ain't real."
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:53 PM 07-29-2019
Overall, I want to buy stock in Dacre Montgomery's career. That dude is an amazing actor. He and Maya Hawke are the two people from this show I can see becoming legit A-listers.

The redemption arc for Billy, although brief, really rounded out his character, and it made me feel genuine empathy for him. He also had the single funniest moment of the series, IMO:

"Hey, lard-ass!! No running on my watch. I catch you again, you're banned for life. You want to get banned for life, lard-ass? Didn't think so."
[Reply]
hometeam 07:23 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Overall, I want to buy stock in Dacre Montgomery's career. That dude is an amazing actor. He and Maya Hawke are the two people from this show I can see becoming legit A-listers.

The redemption arc for Billy, although brief, really rounded out his character, and it made me feel genuine empathy for him. He also had the single funniest moment of the series, IMO:

"Hey, lard-ass!! No running on my watch. I catch you again, you're banned for life. You want to get banned for life, lard-ass? Didn't think so."
So when I saw the 'real' Dacre, I couldnt even believe it was the same guy. I am blown away by how transformative his Billy character is. This dude is definitely the real deal. I hope they find a way to bring him back, even if they do have to bend over backwards to explain it.
[Reply]
notorious 07:12 AM 07-30-2019
He was the in Power Rangers, not that it showed off his acting, but it did show his presence.

He is going to be a big star.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:53 AM 07-30-2019
No. It's what Tony (Karl's brother) says to John McClaine when he puts the gun behind his ear after McClain pulled the fire alarm and then Tony gave away his position by firing his MP5 around a corner where he though McClain was, then running to a circular saw that had been started to draw him in.

The closest to what you're referring to happened when Riggs was making the Christmas tree bust when one of the goons (not Anthony Keidis' dad) said, "This badge ain't real, and you ain't real."
I thought of LW2 when the guy had diplomatic immunity "You are a policeman, you can't do anything. Who is the Deekhead now hey?"

Or something like that...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:27 PM 08-04-2019

Dacre definitely looks like he has potential...also glad they gave Billy some redemption. I liked him in Power Rangers but that's all I knew him from. This show showed how good he is.

I'm ready for s4 also I feel David K Harbour is getting more roles, pretty cool.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:19 AM 08-05-2019

Had to double take when I realized Maya Hawke is the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman. No wonder she's good at this.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:16 AM 08-05-2019
Got the grandkids watching this. Started the first season about 2 weeks ago. They can't get enough of it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:52 AM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Got the grandkids watching this. Started the first season about 2 weeks ago. They can't get enough of it.
That's just good parenting/grand-parenting.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:56 AM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
My parents starting watching it with my kids a couple weeks ago while watching my kids for a few hours. I was actually surprised how much they, and especially my daughter liked it.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:08 PM 08-06-2019
I would have to say this was my least favorite season. I like the ideas of including mall culture and the Red Menace but I didn't like the execution.

I really did like the story arc for the asshole older brother but found the young black girl to be unbearably annoying. They still have some good ideas but it felt like the writing got sloppy this season and a few times they just said "well, fuck it, because 80's."
[Reply]
Page 29 of 42
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up