ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1897 of 3903
« First < 897139717971847188718931894189518961897 189818991900190119071947199723972897 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 09:55 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyone they tested had mild symptoms and completely seroconverted. So yeah pretty much like any other virus
Oh fuck yes!
[Reply]
Monticore 09:56 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyone they tested had mild symptoms and completely seroconverted. So yeah pretty much like any other virus
Now, this is expected. This looks pretty normal and is basically what we see for influenza. Sometime, somebody doesn't make antibodies (lack of seroconversion), but that is normal too. It is OK that this occurs, it happens for many other viruses at a low rate as well.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:23 PM 05-05-2020
If it’s been here since December it was in China in Sept/November
[Reply]
DaFace 10:38 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shocking. It's a shame DJ isnt in here because he sure flipped alot of shit toward people who were skeptical of
hydroxychloroquine.
It's still got some hope of helping if they start it before things start getting bad, though that's obviously of limited use. It might prove to have uses still, though. We likely won't know until July from what I've read.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:05 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's still got some hope of helping if they start it before things start getting bad, though that's obviously of limited use. It might prove to have uses still, though. We likely won't know until July from what I've read.
Sorry DaFace I'm probably breaking rules here but judging from most studies it's nothing more than a certain leader who has stock in it and was pushing it to drive up its value like many other false things the past month or so. Of course its followers have echoed it because well it's what they do.

I'd love to be wrong but so far the only possible treatment is Remdesivri which delays things around 5 days or so.

Predictably the conspiracy crowd says Remdesivri only works because it more expensive. Of course.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:54 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Just saw the mayor of KC talking about barbers and hair stylists being open and said customers need to wear a mask and rubber gloves when we go for a trim.

Just a local FYI
The panic over haircut places seems to be overblown.

Is there any data to suggest that people getting haircuts increases the spread of other contagious respiratory illnesses such as the flu?

Yes COVID-19 is proving to be more contagious (so far) than the flu, but seasonal influenza is still contagious with an R0 of 1.3 and is transmitted in a similar airborne manner.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:48 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Is there any data to suggest that people getting haircuts increases the spread of other contagious respiratory illnesses such as the flu?

Yes COVID-19 is proving to be more contagious (so far) than the flu, but seasonal influenza is still contagious with an R0 of 1.3 and is transmitted in a similar airborne manner.
Flu has no asymptomatic spread with different incubation, and the difference between r0 of 1.3 and even 2.0 is very big
After 10 rounds of spread that’s a difference of 56 infected vs 2000plus something like that

They are both considered droplet spread , airborne would be a whole different story
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:48 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

It’s about twice as contagious and 10x more lethal than the flu.

“April data from New York suggests that the infection fatality rate of Covid-19 was between 0.5 and 0.8 percent, which matches international estimates. Estimates of case fatality rates are higher and vary quite a bit country by country.

That infection fatality rate for Covid-19 is much, much higher than the flu, which has an infection fatality rate of around 0.02 to 0.05 percent, according to infectious disease epidemiologist Adam Kucharski on Twitter.”
[Reply]
Monticore 05:55 AM 05-06-2020
Sorry DaFace I'm probably breaking rules here but judging from most studies it's nothing more than a certain leader who has stock in it and was pushing it to drive up its value like many other false things the past month or so. Of course its followers have echoed it because well it's what they do.

I'd love to be wrong but so far the only possible treatment is Remdesivri which delays things around 5 days or so.

Predictably the conspiracy crowd says Remdesivri only works because it more expensive. Of course.
Still too early to tell on remdevisir as well , reduction in mortality rate is what’s we need and it hasn’t shown a difference in that category yet. It if can reduce hospitalizations that is still good .
[Reply]
Monticore 06:04 AM 05-06-2020
https://youtu.be/FVIGhz3uwuQ

This helps it is old so some of the numbers may have changed
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:48 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Great area.
I always think, man I'm to Billings, only 10 hours to go...:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:51 AM 05-06-2020

Maybe you should read the thread title... I thought we were banning folks for this BS in this thread.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:54 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Maybe you should read the thread title... I thought we were banning folks for this BS in this thread.
Certain agendas are allowed
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:58 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Certain agendas are allowed
Not only was it political, it's fucking fake news and should stay in DC.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ny-manufacture
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:10 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Could be why I tested positive for COVID-19 but didn't notice a damn thing.

See the post below and let me know when you wanna fight.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=26814
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1897 of 3903
« First < 897139717971847188718931894189518961897 189818991900190119071947199723972897 > Last »
Up