ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1497 of 3903
« First < 49799713971447148714931494149514961497 149814991500150115071547159719972497 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:13 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not surprising due to no live sports...

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/esp...-april-12.html
Well they didn't let Dana have his fights on an island so fuck em
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:17 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Wait, what? Don't they all?
Some are actually much worse than others. Same with infections. Had a 500lb guy with no running water in his trailer that was admitted. He had a nasty diabetic foot ulcer. When the attending opened the door he immediately yelled out, "that smells like pseudomonas!" The combination of that and his BO was so bad I left the room and could still smell it in the hallway.

The nurses ended up rubbing his sheets down with deodorant sticks to reduce his stank.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:18 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Would you say the study out of California was good news?
Good, not great, but the math is confusing to me for reasons I mentioned earlier.
[Reply]
TLO 07:30 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Any good news to report for the day?

Apathy is starting to set in with me on this and I feel less anxious about going out in public with all of this going on...probably not good, but I’m ready to get it to a point so I build immunity to it.
I still have my fair share of anxiety about it, but it has improved a lot over the past month.

I feel like the information we have now, compared to just a month ago is light years ahead of where we were. I don't feel like we're fighting blind anymore.

I remember the day they talked about 2.2 or 2.4 million Americans possibly dying from this. That was one of the scariest things I've ever heard. I thought about quitting my job and isolating myself. I fell into some pretty deep depression. A lot of anxiety and fear filled my days.

I'm still not 100% mentally, but I'm trying to focus on positive things. I'm really proud of the country as a whole A lot of amazing people are working around the clock to fight this thing. I'm proud of the doctors, nurses, medical people in general. I'm proud of my staff for working their assess off to make sure my clients are well taken care of.

As I was telling my supervisor the other day, yes - I'm scared, but I'll never let my staff see that. I'll be right in there with them taking care of our individuals. They are the most important thing to me.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:32 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Some are actually much worse than others. Same with infections. Had a 500lb guy with no running water in his trailer that was admitted. He had a nasty diabetic foot ulcer. When the attending opened the door he immediately yelled out, "that smells like pseudomonas!" The combination of that and his BO was so bad I left the room and could still smell it in the hallway.

The nurses ended up rubbing his sheets down with deodorant sticks to reduce his stank.
Is crypto anything like that? Our pool classes always start right out with about an hourlong lecture on it and I spend most of it cringing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:33 PM 04-17-2020
Most coronavirus patients who go on ventilators won't survive. But those who do can face long-term trauma.

For the sickest COVID-19 patients, getting on a ventilator to help them breathe can be a life-saving process

Some patients who survive can experience longer-term physical complications including from organ failure that came up while the patient was on a ventilator, delirium, and, in COVID-19, the potential for long-term lung damage.

Often, patients find the lasting mental-health toll from facing death and feeling helpless can be the most bothersome and difficult-to-treat consequence.

When Rebecca Trahan heard New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo mention ventilators as the state was looking to increase its supply, she started to panic.

Trahan, 57, a creative director who lives in Harlem, knows what it's like to be on a ventilator, a machine used to help people breathe in times when they can't fully on their own.

"It's all coming back to me," Trahan told Business Insider.

In 2011, Trahan underwent triple bypass surgery after a spontaneous coronary artery dissection. When she woke up from surgery, she was on a ventilator. The experience was disorienting. She couldn't speak, she was strapped down, she didn't know what time it was, and she wasn't sure what would come next.

She didn't know if she was getting better. She didn't know if she'd always be living on a ventilator, a reality she wasn't interested in.

When the ventilator was removed a few days later, she was groggy and the room she was in felt different than before. "Nothing really made sense," Trahan said.

The rest of the article is here:
https://www.businessinsider.com/what...tor-2020-4?amp
[Reply]
TLO 07:34 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Most coronavirus patients who go on ventilators won't survive. But those who do can face long-term trauma.

For the sickest COVID-19 patients, getting on a ventilator to help them breathe can be a life-saving process

Some patients who survive can experience longer-term physical complications including from organ failure that came up while the patient was on a ventilator, delirium, and, in COVID-19, the potential for long-term lung damage.

Often, patients find the lasting mental-health toll from facing death and feeling helpless can be the most bothersome and difficult-to-treat consequence.

When Rebecca Trahan heard New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo mention ventilators as the state was looking to increase its supply, she started to panic.

Trahan, 57, a creative director who lives in Harlem, knows what it's like to be on a ventilator, a machine used to help people breathe in times when they can't fully on their own.

"It's all coming back to me," Trahan told Business Insider.

In 2011, Trahan underwent triple bypass surgery after a spontaneous coronary artery dissection. When she woke up from surgery, she was on a ventilator. The experience was disorienting. She couldn't speak, she was strapped down, she didn't know what time it was, and she wasn't sure what would come next.

She didn't know if she was getting better. She didn't know if she'd always be living on a ventilator, a reality she wasn't interested in.

When the ventilator was removed a few days later, she was groggy and the room she was in felt different than before. "Nothing really made sense," Trahan said.

The rest of the article is here:
https://www.businessinsider.com/what...tor-2020-4?amp
No.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:39 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The NFL draft will get huge numbers.
The Chicago Bulls documentary starting this weekend will get good ratings for them as well.
[Reply]
TLO 07:39 PM 04-17-2020
BRC, shit.

I just post something about feeling optimistic and positive and then you post shit that makes me want to jump off a bridge.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
BRC, shit.

I just post something about feeling optimistic and positive and then you post shit that makes me want to jump off a bridge.
sorry man. But, this is the reality of the situation for many. I’ve been there 100’s of times the first time the patient realizes they survived. You can see the fear. It’s not pleasant but part of the process to getting back to normal.

People don’t think about the trauma to the psych if you survive a vent. Some on here know people or family that were on vents. Awareness that it may not be over for their family and friends when they survive might be useful information.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:49 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The NFL draft will get huge numbers.
I may watch ever damn minute.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:01 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Is crypto anything like that? Our pool classes always start right out with about an hourlong lecture on it and I spend most of it cringing.
It's a parasite whereas C. diff is a bacteria. Most people in healthcare are likely colonized with C. diff already, but the good bacteria in our gut keeps it at bay. It's always something to watch out for after many antibiotic courses. Both crypto and C. diff form spores though. I know crypto can wreak havoc on immunocompromised people. It used to be a common infection in AIDS patients.

What do you guys do to eliminate it in the water?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:20 PM 04-17-2020
It's a parasite whereas C. diff is a bacteria. Most people in healthcare are likely colonized with C. diff already, but the good bacteria in our gut keeps it at bay. It's always something to watch out for after many antibiotic courses. Both crypto and C. diff form spores though. I know crypto can wreak havoc on immunocompromised people. It used to be a common infection in AIDS patients.

What do you guys do to eliminate it in the water?
Seems like every second inpatient I do is c-dif or mrsa.
[Reply]
Pants 08:27 PM 04-17-2020
It would be like diluting bleach in half and using that.

You have no idea.

Spore-forming bacteria are absolute bitches to kill. Seventy percent rubbing alcohol will not kill C-diff (which produces a diarrhea so foul it will clear out a hospital room), so you need special agents to get rid of nasty bugs like it and its brethren. Enter sporicides.

We use one called Peridox RTU that is a combination of hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid, which forms peroxyacetic acid. Imagine the nastiness of vinegar smell mixed with the funkiness of hydrogen peroxide, then spraying it in an enclosed area. It will turn your eyes into faucets, and unless you follow it up with 70% IPA (rubbing alcohol), it will rust out stainless steel.
Who is "we," Hamas? Don't you teach?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:29 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
sorry man. But, this is the reality of the situation for many. I’ve been there 100’s of times the first time the patient realizes they survived. You can see the fear. It’s not pleasant but part of the process to getting back to normal.

People don’t think about the trauma to the psych if you survive a vent. Some on here know people or family that were on vents. Awareness that it may not be over for their family and friends when they survive might be useful information.
How many hundreds of lives have you saved?
[Reply]
Page 1497 of 3903
« First < 49799713971447148714931494149514961497 149814991500150115071547159719972497 > Last »
Up