ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1382 of 3903
« First < 38288212821332137213781379138013811382 138313841385138613921432148218822382 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 02:52 PM 04-14-2020
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:53 PM 04-14-2020
Damn dude, its a ****ing joke. Relax.

Geeez...
NO JOKING!!!!!!!!:-)
[Reply]
loochy 02:56 PM 04-14-2020
Damn dude, its a fucking joke. Relax.

Geeez...

He had the power to save lives or end them....right there in the palm of his hand. #seriousbusiness
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:58 PM 04-14-2020
See.. this last few BRC related posts point to an unspoken problem with society:

We've let advertising slogans become cultural touchstones that are reasonably expected to be recognized by a wide audience.
[Reply]
sedated 02:58 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Interesting what California Governor said restaurants might look like when things open up.

He warned that Californians should prepare to enter a radically different realm where residents continue to wear masks, and where they may be greeted at restaurants by waiters wearing masks and gloves with disposable menus in venues that have half as many tables. Local school officials would develop new protocols, he said, for physical education classes and recess at schools, as well as processes to deeply clean and sanitize schools, parks and playgrounds to keep infection rates down.
Determining a "new normal" should be based on the situation at the time. If they reopen restaurants in the current situation, it doesn't matter what they do because people probably won't go. It will change dramatically if there is a treatment that reduces severity, or better yet an immunization.
[Reply]
notorious 03:00 PM 04-14-2020
Russia just admitted they are ****ed.

The admission is quite different than their normal responses to anything that shows weakness.

Just in case somebody still believes this is not a threat.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putins-bl...122708635.html
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:01 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
why not try it? They are just sitting in bed while bloodwork and other test results come back. What’s it going to hurt? It could work.

When I was working in the ER at the same hospital your daughter works at now, I saw doctors get disciplined for not putting the patients presenting with shortness of breath on their sides.

They are trying it instead of using vents. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 03:03 PM 04-14-2020
But California's physical distancing measures have been a success and hailed by public health officials nationally. At least 724 people had died in California as of Monday, but the state's peak day in terms of coronavirus fatalities came on April 8, when 66 people died. Numbers have been slightly lower each day since then: 48 coronavirus-related deaths were reported on Monday.

Earlier on Tuesday, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said it may be possible to relax the county's stay-at-home orders in mid-May, which impact 10 million people. But she said lifting the order, which she extended until May 15 in concert with other local officials, will hinge on the ability to care for those who are sick, to make sure the most vulnerable and those in nursing homes are protected from the virus and to "test, test, test, which has been a challenge," she said.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:10 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They are trying it instead of using vents. :-)
I think it is probably something they were already trying before going to a last resort of vents it just may not something that had been advertised as much as some of the other options.
[Reply]
carlos3652 03:11 PM 04-14-2020
Damn dude, its a ****ing joke. Relax.

Geeez...
He must not watch commercials.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:15 PM 04-14-2020
I think we should just start opening state by state right now. Mitigate spread from one state to another and lets get to herd immunity before next season. All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:20 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I think we should just start opening state by state right now. Mitigate spread from one state to another and lets get to herd immunity before next season. All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.
I am sure the ER docs will love that idea, making decisions when you don't have to deal with the fallout is easy.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:23 PM 04-14-2020
why not try it? They are just sitting in bed while bloodwork and other test results come back. What’s it going to hurt? It could work.

When I was working in the ER at the same hospital your daughter works at now, I saw doctors get disciplined for not putting the patients presenting with shortness of breath on their sides.

why do they have to be in an ICU to have them lay on their sides or belly to try to help with the SOB?
That's not quite what you originally said.

My point was that acute worsening of shortness of breath outside of the ICU shouldn't be treated by proning as a substitute for ICU transfer.
Originally Posted by :
"I posted a couple of lengthy posts just a couple of pages back on how we were doing this 20+ years ago. This is a well known option.

If these Dotors are just now using this technique they are ****ing idiots need to lose their license. This would be a level of incompetence akin to a patient is short of breath, but don't give them some oxygen. This is a 100% agreed to step by the medical community. a no-doubt decision."
Proning patients on a general medical floor for treatment of shortness of breath hasn't been a 100 percent agreed upon treatment in the past. Based on linked articles it seems that they are doing it for Covid-19 patients though.

This isn't an indicator of incompetence

Also, subjective shortness of breath is not necessarily a reason to put a patient on oxygen . . .
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:28 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So we will go from the world of the sick to the world of the paranoid....
Well I don't think wearing a mask makes anyone paranoid just cautious. If we go back to life as we know it too soon the virus will spread again. I think we can all agree on that.

**** you. I lived this for 10 years. I wasn’t on drugs and didn’t stay at a holiday inn. I took my job seriously. People lived and died based on what we did. You think I forgot what we did in life threatening situation 99% of the time?
Take it easy man he was just joking.
[Reply]
banyon 03:29 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The delay is not because it's fun, it's to give us adequate time to produce antiviral, serum-based, and vaccine therapies that will lower the death toll significantly.
[Reply]
Page 1382 of 3903
« First < 38288212821332137213781379138013811382 138313841385138613921432148218822382 > Last »
Up