ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1376 of 3903
« First < 37687612761326136613721373137413751376 137713781379138013861426147618762376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:36 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
New Study

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....10.20060699v1
That can't be right. I was told by several ppl in this thread it was the miracle drug..
[Reply]
loochy 11:38 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That can't be right. I was told by several ppl in this thread it was the miracle drug..

Well I'm glad you find enjoyment in that
[Reply]
Monticore 11:39 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Uh it hasn't been debunked. And Season Flu doesn't just stop killing people because there is a new virus on the block.
They were only putting down covid related deaths if they had tested positive, if they test positive for influenza they won't put covid down as cause of death.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:39 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
New Study

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....10.20060699v1
I was under the impression that Hydroxy was best if administered early, why wait until they are hospitalized? The whole point of the treatment is to prevent hospitalization and overwhelming the system.

The french study clearly indicated early ingestion, I think...I'm no expert though.
[Reply]
loochy 11:40 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
I was under the impression that Hydroxy was best if administered early, why wait until they are hospitalized? The whole point of the treatment is to prevent hospitalization and overwhelming the system.

The french study clearly indicated early ingestion, I think...I'm no expert though.

It would make sense, as part of it's mechanism of action is to act as an ionophore to allow zinc to enter the cell and disrupt the virus' reproduction
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:41 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't. I want an effective vaccine to be released as quickly as possible. But at the same time I am going to realistic about it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:41 AM 04-14-2020
Enjoyment? No.

An end to the bullshit based on nothing more than politics?

Yes.
[Reply]
loochy 11:42 AM 04-14-2020
I don't. I want an effective vaccine to be released as quickly as possible. But at the same time I am going to realistic about it.

So maybe a "well, that sucks" would be better than an "I told you so"?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:42 AM 04-14-2020

Because of the possible heart issues with HCQ and Z-pack some patients need to be monitored with serial ECGs.
[Reply]
loochy 11:42 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Enjoyment? No.

An end to the bullshit based on nothing more than politics?

Yes.

But it wasn't based on politics, it was based on hope.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:44 AM 04-14-2020
But it wasn't based on politics, it was based on hope.
Maybe in your case but not in most of the others.

And there was nothing documented by any legitimate source that said it was working to reduce viral duplication.

It was just an agenda.
[Reply]
Donger 11:50 AM 04-14-2020
The United States doesn’t have the capacity to test and trace Covid-19 cases — a key measure the country will need to start the process of reopening, according to the nation’s top infectious disease doctor.

“We have to have something in place that is efficient and that we can rely on, and we’re not there yet,” Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday in an interview with The Associated Press.

Fauci’s comments come the day after President Trump promised guidelines “soon” aimed at governors to reopen the economy.

He added that opening the country on May 1, after federal social distancing guidelines are set to expire, is “a bit overly optimistic” for many places in the US. This process, he said, would likely have to occur on a “rolling” basis and not simultaneously across the country. A key worry, he said, was that the US would see new outbreaks in places where officials may not be able to swiftly test and trace contacts of those who are infected.

“I’ll guarantee you, once you start pulling back, there will be infections. It’s how you deal with the infections that’s going to count,” Fauci told The Associated Press, adding that we need ways to get people "out of circulation if they get infected, because once you start getting clusters, then you’re really in trouble."

These concerns reflect those New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters on Monday – that states lack sufficient capacity to test on their own.

"It's not as simple as saying states should test,” Cuomo said. They can't do it without the federal government. There are not enough tests now, and there's not enough reagents, and there's not enough medical equipment.”

Referring to other governors joining over the phone from states including Connecticut and New Jersey, he added, “Any one of these governors would tell you ... they don't have the testing capacity, and they can't gather it themselves.”

Fauci stopped short of telling The Associated Press that a second wave of infection isn’t inevitable but said, “If you mean it goes way down and then come September, October, November, we have another peak – I have to say I would not be surprised. I would hope that if and when that occurs, that we jump all over it in a much, much more effective way than we have in these past few months.”
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:50 AM 04-14-2020

My guess is unless a patient has tested positive for cornovirus they can't take the drug early enough.

Also here is a good reddit thread with doctors asking if they are seeing it work and the answer is pretty much no. But that doesn't just apply to hcq it applies to pretty much every therapy. There is no magic pill for COVID19 right now unfortunately.

https://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/co..._are_treating/
[Reply]
TLO 11:50 AM 04-14-2020
French Doctor Suggests Smoking May Protect Against COVID-19 Infection

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/202...mpression=true
[Reply]
Monticore 11:51 AM 04-14-2020
If this Virus becomes seasonal we will need a vaccine because at the moment they are not sure how long acquired immunity even lasts , flu shot lasts about 6 months(I am not comparing it to the flu just using it as an example) so without a vaccine people could just keep getting infected and reinfection could make symptoms worse or milder but nobody knows .
[Reply]
Page 1376 of 3903
« First < 37687612761326136613721373137413751376 137713781379138013861426147618762376 > Last »
Up