Page 14 of 4783
« First < 41011121314 1516171824641145141014 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:22 PM 10-20-2014
Originally Posted by The Herpe:

Hell yes. Can't deny that having an offense that scores do often the other team has to pass has an influence but still...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:11 PM 10-21-2014

Von Miller remains @PFF's second-highest rated player at any position (+23.7). J.J. Watt is still No. 1 on their rankings (+38.2).

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) October 21, 2014

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:45 PM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Hell yes. Can't deny that having an offense that scores do often the other team has to pass has an influence but still...

I wonder what percentage of those sacks came on snaps in which your team had a two score lead.....

If only someone around here were interested enough to research it...
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:58 PM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I wonder what percentage of those sacks came on snaps in which your team had a two score lead.....

I d say over half...when they knew we re coming for them...and they still can t block it
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:25 PM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I d say over half...when they knew we re coming for them...and they still can t block it

I don't think it works that way.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:48 PM 10-22-2014

2 were half-sacks, so it's actually 9 different plays, rather than 8.

11% occurred when the game was tied
22% occurred when the game was within 1 score
44% occurred when the game was within 2 scores
11% 3 scores
11% 4 scores

So, pretty true to his career so far, 78% of his sacks occurred when the Broncos had less than a 3 score lead.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:15 PM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
2 were half-sacks, so it's actually 9 different plays, rather than 8.

11% occurred when the game was tied

22% occurred when the game was within 1 score

44% occurred when the game was within 2 scores

11% 3 scores

11% 4 scores

So, pretty true to his career so far, 78% of his sacks occurred when the Broncos had less than a 3 score lead.

Without knowing the stats on everyone else in similar situations, I'd say this confirms what I was thinking.

Being behind by two scores to that offense may as well be four scores. Teams aren't running the ball when they go down by 10+ points to Peyton.

That's 2/3 of his sacks coming, basically, when they knew the offense would be passing. I'd imagine the breakdown for Ware would be similar.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:55 PM 10-22-2014
Without knowing the stats on everyone else in similar situations, I'd say this confirms what I was thinking.

Being behind by two scores to that offense may as well be four scores. Teams aren't running the ball when they go down by 10+ points to Peyton.

That's 2/3 of his sacks coming, basically, when they knew the offense would be passing. I'd imagine the breakdown for Ware would be similar.
Which doesn't detract from von and wares league leading sack performance. That's how it's designed to work. You can't get sacks off runs...
[Reply]
lcarus 02:59 PM 10-22-2014
Yeah Ware and Miller are doing awesome. Yeah they get big leads and face more passing plays on D but shit that's what they're supposed to do and they're doing it well.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:06 PM 10-22-2014
Yeah. Congratu-fucking-lations.

This douche is still on our board and he's still being a cunt. You think it's a coincidence he didn't post this until week 7? No. He waited until now because last week it would have showed that Houston lead the league with Von Douche and Demarcus Cuntbag nowhere to be found.

And since we always argue our pass rush against there's, I have to point out the advantage Miller and Ware enjoy playing on a team with Peyton Manning.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:11 PM 10-22-2014
Yeah. Congratu-****ing-lations.

This douche is still on our board and he's still being a ****. You think it's a coincidence he didn't post this until week 7? No. He waited until now because last week it would have showed that Houston lead the league with Von Douche and Demarcus ****bag nowhere to be found.

And since we always argue our pass rush against there's, I have to point out the advantage Miller and Ware enjoy playing on a team with Peyton Manning.
I'd be remiss not to add that the front guys, Knighton, Wolfe, etc. are the guys that make the sacks possible...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:11 PM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Which doesn't detract from von and wares league leading sack performance. That's how it's designed to work. You can't get sacks off runs...
:-) True dat!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:31 PM 10-22-2014
Yeah. Congratu-fucking-lations.

This douche is still on our board and he's still being a cunt. You think it's a coincidence he didn't post this until week 7? No. He waited until now because last week it would have showed that Houston lead the league with Von Douche and Demarcus Cuntbag nowhere to be found.

Yeah we don't hear a peep out of these fucksticks otherwise
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:33 PM 10-22-2014
I think virus owned your asses. Two thirds of the sacks with a substantial lead
[Reply]
vailpass 04:35 PM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I think virus owned your asses. Two thirds of the sacks with a substantial lead
I for one am completely embarrassed to have a team that is able to build a substantial lead and designed a defense around that, one that is able to take the kill shot. It sucks...
[Reply]
Page 14 of 4783
« First < 41011121314 1516171824641145141014 > Last »
Up