ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 58
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

loochy 11:53 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
I’ve always felt our team was too tall at certain positions. Lacking change of direction. This is a replacement for Sorensen who was too tall for the current league.

The patriots all run “agility” routes and since they’re the team we need to beat. We need to get more agile and “shorter” in the positions that cover them.

The injury concerns about Tyrann are justified.

https://youtu.be/xM_obF4AoeE

He appears to play fundamentally very sound
^ :-) :-)
pugsnotdrugs19 12:43 PM 03-12-2019
Just read Seth Keysor’s Honey Badger film review article.

I think this guy is a lot better than anyone realizes, including me. He makes a lot of those little plays where nothing really shows up in the stat sheet, but he takes a 40 yard TD and turns it into a 10 yard gain, or cuts off someone that would have been wide open for a big gain but the ball ends up going to someone else.

It reminds me of Berry back in the day when he was just an eraser at the back of the defense, covering up for other players’ mistakes.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-12-2019, 12:47 PM
This message has been deleted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!.
RealSNR 01:06 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I think this guy is a lot better than anyone realizes, including me. He makes a lot of those little plays where nothing really shows up in the stat sheet, but he takes a 40 yard TD and turns it into a 10 yard gain, or cuts off someone that would have been wide open for a big gain but the ball ends up going to someone else.

It reminds me of Berry back in the day when he was just an eraser at the back of the defense, covering up for other players’ mistakes.

The truth, like most things, is probably somewhere in between, “The guy is not even that good and he’ll probably suck!” and “This guy will shut every fucking thing down!!!!”
pugsnotdrugs19 01:07 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The truth, like most things, is probably somewhere in between, “The guy is not even that good and he’ll probably suck!” and “This guy will shut every fucking thing down!!!!”
Correct.

He will have some bad plays for sure, they all do. But they should be far, far less frequent than anyone we’ve seen at S since Berry in his prime.
suzzer99 01:11 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Tyrann Mathieu snaps in 2018
Free safety (440)
CB slot left (199)
Left OLB (123)
CB slot right (112)
Right OLB (39)
Right ILB (31)
Left ILB (27)
CB wide left (19)
Left DT (3)
Middle LB (2)
CB wide right (1)
Right DT (1)

This is amazing to me. I love it
Weirdest part is SS is one of the only 2 positions he didn't play.
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:27 PM 03-12-2019
Once the Chiefs get that first ring of the Mahomes era, THEN we can go to the next stage of player negotiations and contracts that favor the team over individuals.
Having Mahomes is very enticing, but we have to have the jewelry to go with it and back up our word, so that we can operate from a true position of strength.
xztop123 01:30 PM 03-12-2019

None of his hits really push people back. People will gain an additional few yards after he makes contact. Only downside

I wonder how we intend to use him.. probably as a joker role doing everything.

I’m not convinced he has the build to play as a box safety over the course of a year. Nor am I sure he can take on fullbacks or tight ends in the run game.
pugsnotdrugs19 01:34 PM 03-12-2019
None of his hits really push people back. People will gain an additional few yards after he makes contact. Only downside

I’m not convinced he has the build to play as a box safety over the course of a year. Nor am I sure he can take on fullbacks or tight ends in the run game.
Nate Taylor says they see him as the center fielder, FS. But who knows. Makes sense given he has great instincts and range.
Simply Red 01:52 PM 03-12-2019
Nate Taylor says they see him as the center fielder, FS. But who knows. Makes sense given he has great instincts and range.
this is what I heard last night too.
htismaqe 02:09 PM 03-12-2019

He's actually really good against the run. He struggled most with short coverage it seems.

I think he'll be fine, especially if they move him around a lot. I'm getting pretty excited about seeing him suit up for the first time.
O.city 02:10 PM 03-12-2019

The @Mathieu_Era begins in Kansas City. ��@Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/AK4ULWpvow

— NFL (@NFL) March 12, 2019

TLO 02:13 PM 03-12-2019

Wow. Didn't realize you were still around.
FAX 02:14 PM 03-12-2019
Price tag? Ouch. No other way to say it.

Contribution on the field? Who the hell knows?

Nice guy factor? Good reports.

After further consideration, I may have to deduct .5 Veachy Power Points from the 2 VPPs I gave him yesterday.

FAX
htismaqe 02:19 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Price tag? Ouch. No other way to say it.

Contribution on the field? Who the hell knows?

Nice guy factor? Good reports.

After further consideration, I may have to deduct .5 Veachy Power Points from the 2 VPPs I gave him yesterday.

FAX
Until we know the guaranteed money, I wouldn't make too much of the contract. If it's anything like Watkins, it's essentially a 2-year deal that will count $7-8M against the 2019 cap. That's actually not a bad contract at all.
TLO 02:23 PM 03-12-2019

Will you bump your "does anyone get laid in this city" thread for old times sake?
Page 40 of 58
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up