ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?




DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
Katipan 11:08 AM 12-06-2018
I would cock block that so hard for you Luv.
[Reply]
Donger 11:09 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A move, we all know, is commonly practiced by rapists.
Ahem. Cuddle with a struggler(s).
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:10 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
There's nothing creepy about the song in question. He wants her to stay. She wants to stay, but she's torn because she's afraid of what other people will think or about damaging her reputation. This song simply vocalizes her thoughts. His comeback is always simply "it's cold outside". It's up to her whether she stays or goes.
That's nice.

I disagree. It doesn't matter what her "reason" for saying no is, she is still being pressure to do something sexual. In a so called Christmas song.

And the great thing is, your opinion doesn't stop me from thinking that song is creepy anymore that my opinion should stop you from liking what you like.
[Reply]
luv 11:11 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I would cock block that so hard for you Luv.
Awww... thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Donger 11:12 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
That's nice.

I disagree. It doesn't matter what her "reason" for saying no is, she is still being pressure to do something sexual. In a so called Christmas song.

And the great thing is, your opinion doesn't stop me from thinking that song is creepy anymore that my opinion should stop you from liking what you like.
Are you kidding me? Men have been "applying pressure" in order to get females to copulate with them since the dawn of time.
[Reply]
luv 11:13 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
That's nice.

I disagree. It doesn't matter what her "reason" for saying no is, she is still being pressure to do something sexual. In a so called Christmas song.

And the great thing is, your opinion doesn't stop me from thinking that song is creepy anymore that my opinion should stop you from liking what you like.
That's the whole point. He's not pressuring her. She's pressuring herself. She wants to stay.

And where does it say anything about actual sex?
[Reply]
Donger 11:13 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I would cock block that so hard for you Luv.
I've heard that expression before, but I don't know what it means.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:13 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Ahem. Cuddle with a struggler(s).
oooooh noooooooo
[Reply]
Donger 11:14 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
And where does it say anything about actual sex?
Agreed. That was premature on his part.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:14 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I discuss things with humans. I insult you.

You've NEVER had a discussion here, with anyone, about anything. All you do is invent arguments out of thin air and insult everyone who points out how stupid you're being.
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Why are you so triggered just because other people don't like the song, . . . and pressured radio stations to ban it from rotation, and condemned all who were blase about it as rape apologists. Geez, so sensitive about a little light judgmentalism and censorship.
Another excellent example of Babble lee's vaunted self awareness, where after inventing arguments out of thin air and insulting someone, who tries to claim the other person is totally the one doing it.

:-)
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:15 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, it's a thread about those who are offended enough to ban a rather innocuous song from the radio because it offends their ridiculously-heightened sensibilities.

You know, people like you.
"My complaining about you complaining about a song is the best complaining, so there."

:-)

We are through the looking glass here people.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:19 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Okay.

I see a lot people complaining about what other people like or don't like. And then using shitty excuses to try to explain away creepy behavior.

Probable because they are insecure and they can't just like something if someone else says something negative about it.

Now, are you going to continue to defend creepy behavior with shitty excuses, or maybe just man up and admit you like a song that's a little creepy.

Pro hint: That's okay. What other people think shouldn't bother what you like.

Your mistake here is in assuming that your opinion is the only possible correct one. It's not.
[Reply]
Donger 11:19 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
"My complaining about you complaining about a song is the best complaining, so there."

:-)

We are through the looking glass here people.
Again, are you under the impression that conservatives were the impetus behind trying to have this song banned?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:20 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Are you kidding me? Men have been "applying pressure" in order to get females to copulate with them since the dawn of time.
Okay grandpa, that nice. Time's change.

In the 90's it was "acceptable" to use the gay as slur. In the 50's it was acceptable to use a variation of the n word.

My grandpa doesn't get to use "that's how it was" as an excuse to use the n word anymore than its an excuse for me to say that's how it was regarding using gay as a "slur" today.

And by the same token, saying "that's how it was" isn't an actual acceptable excuse for creepy behavior. (In a damn Christmas Song).

Again, like that song all you want. But these excuses for the creepy behavior are just that, excuses.
[Reply]
Donger 11:22 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Okay grandpa, that nice. Time's change.

In the 90's it was "acceptable" to use the gay as slur. In the 50's it was acceptable to use a variation of the n word.

My grandpa doesn't get to use "that's how it was" as an excuse to use the n word anymore than its an excuse for me to say that's how it was regarding using gay as a "slur" today.

And by the same token, saying "that's how it was" isn't an actual acceptable excuse for creepy behavior. (In a damn Christmas Song).

Again, like that song all you want. But these excuses for the creepy behavior are just that, excuses.
Have you ever bought a random female you found attractive and wanted to insert your penis in a drink?

And, what is "the gay"? And why is it a slur?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up