ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:54 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
He's never had a carnal encounter with a woman who even considered so much as the appearance of propriety desireable.

Buncha heifers who hopped on him to get back at dear old dad.
Incel like typing detected.

Look at you, so insecure in yourself that you have to go down this juvenile road in a thread where people are complaining that others don't like the same creepy song they do.

What an edge lord.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:55 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Did I miss something, or were conservatives the impetus for this song being questioned?
I wouldn't bother too much. This is his reliable strategy of nihilistic attack. Invent conflict out of nowhere and lob insults at anyone who disputes his interpretation.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:55 AM 12-06-2018
Did I miss something, or were conservatives the impetus for this song being questioned?
Did I miss something, or is this thread purpose to complain about what other people don't like as if other people's likes and don't likes affects you personally?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:56 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Incel like typing detected.

Look at you, so insecure in yourself that you have to go down this juvenile road in a thread where people are complaining that others don't like the same creepy song they do.

What an edge lord.
I wouldn't bother too much. This is his reliable strategy of nihilistic attack. Invent conflict out of nowhere and lob insults at anyone who disputes his interpretation.
:-) - prosecution rests.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:57 AM 12-06-2018
YOU'RE AN INCEL! HE'S AN INCEL! THEY'RE ALL INCELS!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:58 AM 12-06-2018
I've never needed to. Are you saying that you have bought drinks for a female in the hopes that she will accept and be more pliable to your advances?
A move, we all know, is commonly practiced by rapists.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:59 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
YOU'RE AN INCEL! HE'S AN INCEL! THEY'RE ALL INCELS!
Why are you so triggered just because other people don't like the song, . . . and pressured radio stations to ban it from rotation, and condemned all who were blase about it as rape apologists. Geez, so sensitive about a little light judgmentalism and censorship.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:59 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You should probably go back and read the thread again if you want to participate in the discussion. Or, go ahead and continue to argue against what no one is saying if you wish. It's a free country.
Okay.

I see a lot people complaining about what other people like or don't like. And then using shitty excuses to try to explain away creepy behavior.

Probable because they are insecure and they can't just like something if someone else says something negative about it.

Now, are you going to continue to defend creepy behavior with shitty excuses, or maybe just man up and admit you like a song that's a little creepy.

Pro hint: That's okay. What other people think shouldn't bother what you like.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:01 AM 12-06-2018
He's never had a carnal encounter with a woman who even considered so much as the appearance of propriety desireable.

Buncha heifers who hopped on him to get back at dear old dad.
:-) - prosecution rests.
There is that vaunted Babble Lee self awareness, where he pretends he didn't lob insults in a thread that invented conflict by complaining about what other people like and don't like.

Goddamn, you are a treasure.
[Reply]
luv 11:04 AM 12-06-2018
Okay.

I see a lot people complaining about what other people like or don't like. And then using shitty excuses to try to explain away creepy behavior.

Probable because they are insecure and they can't just like something if someone else says something negative about it.

Now, are you going to continue to defend creepy behavior with shitty excuses, or maybe just man up and admit you like a song that's a little creepy.

Pro hint: That's okay. What other people think shouldn't bother what you like.
There's nothing creepy about the song in question. He wants her to stay. She wants to stay, but she's torn because she's afraid of what other people will think or about damaging her reputation. This song simply vocalizes her thoughts. His comeback is always simply "it's cold outside". It's up to her whether she stays or goes.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:05 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
There's nothing creepy about the song in question. He wants her to stay. She wants to stay, but she's torn because she's afraid of what other people will think or about damaging her reputation. This song simply vocalizes her thoughts. His comeback is always simply "it's cold outside". It's up to her whether she stays or goes.
FIN.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:06 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
Women can be incels?!?!?!
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:06 AM 12-06-2018
Why are you so triggered just because other people don't like the song, . . . and pressured radio stations to ban it from rotation, and condemned all who were blase about it as rape apologists. Geez, so sensitive about a little light judgmentalism and censorship.
This "story" of one radio station who freely stopped playing a song is totally about a bunch of radio stations pulling the song and is choke full of people calling others "rape apologists".

Babble lee and his amazing hyperbolic ability. Bravo.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:06 AM 12-06-2018
There is that vaunted Babble Lee self awareness, where he pretends he didn't lob insults in a thread that invented conflict by complaining about what other people like and don't like.

Goddamn, you are a treasure.
I discuss things with humans. I insult you.

You've NEVER had a discussion here, with anyone, about anything. All you do is invent arguments out of thin air and insult everyone who points out how stupid you're being.
[Reply]
Donger 11:08 AM 12-06-2018
Did I miss something, or is this thread purpose to complain about what other people don't like as if other people's likes and don't likes affects you personally?
Yes, it's a thread about those who are offended enough to ban a rather innocuous song from the radio because it offends their ridiculously-heightened sensibilities.

You know, people like you.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up