ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 10:30 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Im late to this party, not going to back to see if this has been addressed, and it may have

but...

Is it time that we ban rap music too? Since everyone wants to be so offended by everything.

Liberals want to control language and culture. They claim to be the party of tolerance when they're just the exact opposite. They're control freaks.
Go ahead and ban whatever you want on your station. Sry the rest of the world doesn’t share your creepy-ass values.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:31 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
It seems to wierd to normalize pressuring someone into doing something sexual just because of the reason the person being pressured was saying no.

Just like it seems wierd to normalize getting a women intoxicated to make it easier get her to give in.

But hey, let's just make excuses rather than be honest the song is a little creepy. You are all adults, i think, you shouldnt care what other people think. If you still like the song, good for you.

I like the band Confederate railwoard.i dont care what people think and i will admit their songs are trashy.

People can use whatever lens they wish to interpret art. For instance because of the time period of the piece and the language involved I see it as a stark reminder that a woman's sexuality has very often been used against her by our historically patriarchal society. And I wistfully but silently cheer her on through the song as she decides whether or not to flaunt restrictive social norms.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:34 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
End Thread

Hah. I did not see this before I posted.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:40 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
End Thread
Damn, do you insecure people have to go to great lengths to justify and excuse why you like a song rather than just standing on your own two feet and say "I like the song, flaws and all."

Pro-tip there everyone. The "back in the day, this kind of creepy behavior was okay. Society is why she said no" isn't actually a viable excuse for shitty behavior. And it sure isn't some "women making a powerful statement" that person wants it to be.

You guys are investing waaaay to much energy defending this song.

Like or don't like it. You don't have pretend everything you like is 100 percent wholesome.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:46 AM 12-06-2018
Damn, do you insecure people have to go to great lengths to justify and excuse why you like a song rather than just standing on your own two feet and say "I like the song, flaws and all."

Pro-tip there everyone. The "back in the day, this kind of creepy behavior was okay. Society is why she said no" isn't actually a viable excuse for shitty behavior. And it sure isn't some "women making a powerful statement" that person wants it to be.

You guys are investing waaaay to much energy defending this song.

Like or don't like it. You don't have pretend everything you like is 100 percent wholesome.

You aren't making any counterpoints at all. Do you have anything to say other than "gosh you guys are so silly" or was that it?
[Reply]
luv 10:47 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Oh great, “can I buy you a drink” is now creepy. :-)
Depends on how you say it... or (depending on the female) what you look like.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:49 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
Well yeah, that’s true.
[Reply]
Donger 10:50 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
I've never asked and have never bought one. What does that make me?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:51 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You aren't making any counterpoints at all. Do you have anything to say other than "gosh you guys are so silly" or was that it?
Oh, I'm sorry, do you guys have anything other than "back in the day it was okay to be creepy and pressure women into sex" to defend a creepy "Christmas" song or was that it?

I get it. Conservatives are insecure people.

I hope one day other people not liking something stops negatively affecting you guys.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:51 AM 12-06-2018
He's never had a carnal encounter with a woman who even considered so much as the appearance of propriety desireable.

Buncha heifers who hopped on him to get back at dear old dad.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:52 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
I've never asked and have never bought one. What does that make me?
gay?
[Reply]
Donger 10:52 AM 12-06-2018
Oh, I'm sorry, do you guys have anything other than "back in the day it was okay to be creepy and pressure women into sex" to defend a creepy "Christmas" song or was that it?

I hope one day other people not liking something stops negatively affecting you guys.
Did I miss something, or were conservatives the impetus for this song being questioned?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:53 AM 12-06-2018
You aren't making any counterpoints at all.
Breaking fucking news here
[Reply]
Donger 10:53 AM 12-06-2018
gay?
I've never needed to. Are you saying that you have bought drinks for a female in the hopes that she will accept and be more pliable to your advances?
[Reply]
listopencil 10:54 AM 12-06-2018

You should probably go back and read the thread again if you want to participate in the discussion. Or, go ahead and continue to argue against what no one is saying if you wish. It's a free country.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up