ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 173
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173 >
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
tmax63 07:05 PM 04-30-2017
Decided now was a good time to buy a 6-pack of Moose Drool and tip one up in his memory. Rest in peace good sir and may your family find solace and comfort.
[Reply]
In58men 09:48 PM 04-30-2017
Rest In Peace my good friend.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:14 PM 04-30-2017
Anybody make the service? I hope it was well done and his people received a greeting from us.
[Reply]
OldSchool 01:53 PM 05-01-2017
RIP Ed, it was a pleasure reading your posts.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:14 PM 05-01-2017
God damn. I was away too long again and come back to absolutely fucking horrible news. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends here.

He didnt even get to see the Chiefs go balls out and dfraft a qb. Guess that was too much to ask for.

Rest easy, Ed.
[Reply]
fatbronco 04:44 PM 05-02-2017
I'm not a fan of the Chiefs, but I'm a classic lurker and responded to a different thread so I felt I should respond to this one because it was a reason I kept coming back for so long. I never knew Ed or replied to any of his posts, but they were impactful to me in so many ways. His strength and total honesty was a vivid reminder to appreciate everything a little more. RIP and we can all remember the life lesson of dignity and what it means to live a full life. I would have been proud to buy that man a beer anywhere in Europe.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:55 PM 05-03-2017
I'm very sorry that we lost a guy like this from our CP board. I have a soft spot for all Chiefs fans, and although we all kind of collect and mingle here in cyber space, we all have friends like Ed, and that's why we can all relate to one another here on CP.

My dad never got to see the Chiefs go to another Super Bowl, and every time we lose a Chiefs fan, it makes me very sad that it's been going on 50 years now.

Godspeed Ed. Hope you get to watch Mahomie blossom from upstairs and take us to places not seen in half a century.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:22 AM 05-04-2017
I think he is ok where ever he is at.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:21 PM 05-05-2017
First wolf pack in Denmark...Coinkydink?

http://cphpost.dk/news/denmark-has-i...wolf-pack.html
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:33 PM 05-06-2017
Ha, thats great... Eds spirit lives on
[Reply]
kchero 07:40 PM 05-09-2017
Originally Posted by fatbronco:
I'm not a fan of the Chiefs, but I'm a classic lurker and responded to a different thread so I felt I should respond to this one because it was a reason I kept coming back for so long. I never knew Ed or replied to any of his posts, but they were impactful to me in so many ways. His strength and total honesty was a vivid reminder to appreciate everything a little more. RIP and we can all remember the life lesson of dignity and what it means to live a full life. I would have been proud to buy that man a beer anywhere in Europe.
:-)
[Reply]
DarronS 05:13 PM 05-10-2017
I spent most of the afternoon skimming this thread, especially the posts since January of this year. I shed a few tears at some of the posts, but reading everyone's words of encouragement and their stories of Ed being an inspiration was cathartic for me. I was with Ed when he got the diagnosis of the colon cancer spreading to his liver, and have spent a lot of time since then at our parent's house helping as I could. The last few months were the worst for Ed, and especially the last two weeks, but he did pass away peacefully at least.

Just to let y'all know, I am a long-time Chiefs fan. Our father had season tickets back in the AFL days so I was at a lot of classic games, including the heartbreaking playoff loss to the Dolphins in double overtime. Ed and Dad had season tickets at Arrowhead Stadium and I got to go to a few of those games with Ed.

My son and I are heading to Denmark in late August to spread Ed's ashes per his wishes, and leave most of them in a box at the Irish House in Aalborg.

If any of you make it to the Irish House do us a favor. Order a cheeseburger (they are excellent) and ask for George's Irish Mustard on it. I suggest doing this before you tell Jerome that Ed sent you. Jerome doesn't serve mustard so Ed always brought his own. If you tell him Ed sent you before asking for the mustard don't be surprised if Jerome curses you out.
[Reply]
scho63 05:30 PM 05-10-2017
Thank you so much Darron for letting everyone know as we all had a lot of respect for Ed as you can tell.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:27 PM 05-10-2017
Thank you, Darron. Ed was one of the most unique and inspiring souls I ever had the pleasure of knowing. We miss him every day.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:29 PM 05-10-2017
As has been said, thanks Darron. Your brother will be missed, God called home one of his best.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 173
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173 >
Up